Alderaan Round 2 Changes and Feedback

EricMusco

here are my thoughts on the matter of the entire stronghold.

1. in the main hall walking in, the lower rooms needs a window to allow some natural light of the outside to come in, same glass windows if u can, it is too closed up in those rooms.

2. Also in the main hallway, there are four active rooms, and one room that is an elavador.. we need a sixed room down there on the right middle point like left side . it can be used to as a pathway to get up the sound floor maybe. add some walking surface up there? add 4 more rooms if u can.

3. The cave outside that is opened up, get rid of the damn eggs. i understand the planet itself has egg caves ect ect, but for a stronghold its not needed. and ruins any idea of RP at the stronghold itself. add lots of crystals in that cave instead, to me would make alot more sence, and i think more players would love that. it is a giant cave...

4. allow the mount to be used inside the cave, and inside the whole stronghold. lets face it, people use mounts to walk everywhere these days ingame.

5. in the area where outside ruins are , add a ceiled roof, and maybe a active old ruins door to it, so it can be used as an extra ruins place, yeah i can see you added slots in there. but theres holes in the roof and its not useable for able and way to much snow near it, inside also.

6. also in that same area mentioned in 5. those rooms where the glasses windows. can you allow a instant port terminal there... i would like one in one of those rooms. its really nice, hell u can make a inside spa room for me, and a living room in there other and just watch the nice snow outside.

7. on the live stream there was one door or something that wouldnt open up at all.turn that into a room, if not its fine.

as for the stronghold as it is. add more capabilty to add alot more decos in it, maybe increase capa from 100 too 200 maybe ingame??? because other strongholds need this also. and increase the max players for the ald SH from 70 to maybe 90 or 120...

that is all i have to say. if one is to be eyed on. i would have the cave be a amazing crystal cave instead of an egg one. its a stupid idea , but i understand why the idea was there. crystal caves we barely have in this game even on open planet worlds that you devs neglected to do at all. Give us a crystal cave at the Ald SH.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are my thoughts on the matter of the entire stronghold.

1. in the main hall walking in, the lower rooms needs a window to allow some natural light of the outside to come in, same glass windows if u can, it is too closed up in those rooms.

2. Also in the main hallway, there are four active rooms, and one room that is an elavador.. we need a sixed room down there on the right middle point like left side . it can be used to as a pathway to get up the sound floor maybe. add some walking surface up there? add 4 more rooms if u can.

3. The cave outside that is opened up, get rid of the damn eggs. i understand the planet itself has egg caves ect ect, but for a stronghold its not needed. and ruins any idea of RP at the stronghold itself. add lots of crystals in that cave instead, to me would make alot more sence, and i think more players would love that. it is a giant cave...

4. allow the mount to be used inside the cave, and inside the whole stronghold. lets face it, people use mounts to walk everywhere these days ingame.

5. in the area where outside ruins are , add a ceiled roof, and maybe a active old ruins door to it, so it can be used as an extra ruins place, yeah i can see you added slots in there. but theres holes in the roof and its not useable for able and way to much snow near it, inside also.

6. also in that same area mentioned in 5. those rooms where the glasses windows. can you allow a instant port terminal there... i would like one in one of those rooms. its really nice, hell u can make a inside spa room for me, and a living room in there other and just watch the nice snow outside.

7. on the live stream there was one door or something that wouldnt open up at all.turn that into a room, if not its fine.

as for the stronghold as it is. add more capabilty to add alot more decos in it, maybe increase capa from 100 too 200 maybe ingame??? because other strongholds need this also. and increase the max players for the ald SH from 70 to maybe 90 or 120...

that is all i have to say. if one is to be eyed on. i would have the cave be a amazing crystal cave instead of an egg one. its a stupid idea , but i understand why the idea was there. crystal caves we barely have in this game even on open planet worlds that you devs neglected to do at all. Give us a crystal cave at the Ald SH.

1. the rooms on the interior are built in a mountain, so having windows would make zero sense.

2. I agree with this one.

3. they aren't eggs they are mounds, not going to disagree either way.

4. yea, same.

5. adding a ceiling would kill it, it is a ruin not an active building.

6. no comment

7. yea, they should make it a door to get to the top floor of that building or make it a small room like a bedroom.

……

I was against changing it from a killik cave to a crystal cave but thanks to OlBuzzard I changed my mind. a crystal cave with the ruins near would be perfect.

that would be perfect, I can agree that I want that. well done!

TYVM... glad to be of help !

OH.. It also occurred to me that if we are able to "flip a switch" in the cave as it is now to determine how many Killiks are in the cave … we MIGHT be able to flip that switch with a couple more options :

1. Killik style hive(s) in cave

2. Crystal cave

I think the larger, pertinent things have been covered already, and I’m sorry if my thoughts cover them, too. But here are the things that leaped out at me.

-I LOVE the versatility of the starship hooks in the field. I wonder, however, if there isn’t a way to put some small or medium narrow hooks closer by? My SW is a beastmaster type and splitting a few of these into a large/medium ring arrangement would be perfect for some of his animals to roam out there. But without small hooks, he can’t keep families (mounts/comps and pets of the same species) together without putting them somewhere else. There are a few he has that don’t have any others yet and they can go there in the meantime (and I see the centerpiece arrangements closer to the mountainside and across the bridge over there, I know I can use those!) so no real urgency on this one, just a thought.

-Some hooks in the river outside would be nice. Is it a technical problem to put hooks in the water? I’d like a statue or rock formation or random flora there!

-I feel like an alternate entrance into the caves behind the waterfall at (-2, 156) would be awesome, as would more of the caves in general. Or a different cave? A crystal cave? People are asking for that too. Why not both!

-I love the amount of space you get without any unlocks! Good for players who earn credits more slowly.

-Doors don’t appear to have any SFX associated with them yet! I assume you know this and they’ll be present in live, it’s just kind of funny.

-Could the small hooks lining the hallway to the throne room be converted into medium narrow ones? We can split those into a small pair if needed. More versatility!

-That pool just below the balcony is so inviting-looking! Please consider letting us play down there! (Also since it has a window from the throne room overlooking it, maybe letting us put some decos in the pool proper, maybe, similar to the exterior underwater hooks on Manaan?)

-No hooks except carpet hooks in the hallway leading to the balcony overlook? At least some wall hooks are in order, I think. Let us put artwork in there?

-I love the animation to unlock the Killik grounds! Is there a way to replay it or do we just have to record it. It might be fun to show guests.

-Overall, the stronghold is gorgeous, and well done, and I’m looking forward to playing around with my decos on live, whether any of what I just said is taken into account or not! Excellent work, thank you so much for bringing it to us!

One more thing, actually... I notice the Killik population setting isn’t saved on logout (or at least, not the AFK force logout.). It was at heavy population and on login it was none. I hope this is intended to be a saved setting on live! If it isn’t, please consider it! Thank you!

EDIT: The SH isn’t flagged as a rest zone? Hope that gets fixed before live!

Edited by CherryFlight

I noticed a thranta and its nest high a top the mountains. I tried, and failed, to get to that nest. I'm hoping that my failure was due to my poor jumping skills, not because there isn't a way to get to the nest.

The thranta and its nest, so close, and yet so far. General map location of the nest, circled in red.

Thank you again for the chance to test out the Alderaan Stronghold. I think the team did an amazing job recreating Alderaan's ambience for the Stronghold. Kudos to the team.

Great SH. I still think the stained glass is too bright, particularly if you stay in the room a few minutes. It seems to get brighter. I placed a giant Voss monument in front and that helped. Placed a fireplace in front of that and you've got a ski lodge. I use a projector in my living room to play. Maybe that's why the stained glass seems too bright.

Everyone I've talked too while exploring the place is frustrated with the boundaries. We'd like to be able to go outside the mountain retreat bedrooms, into the waterfall pools, and down to the starship hooks.

I think I discovered a secret that I could not unlock near the waterfall in the main entrance field. If I'm correct, I'm guessing it will be a mission to unlock it. Since you announced Thrantas as the transportation, I'm guessing the ones in the nests will be another mission. I only learned how to activate killiks three days ago. Can't wait to get everything working.

Many thanks for your hard work.

Edited by Selkcun
Clarity

Another bug located:

Upon entering the Norther Lodging located in the Mountain retreat I moved toward the Western lodging and looked outside the window I noticed a "floating door" .. it is the door to the Northern entrance. It's suspended about 6 to 8 feet in front of the normal entry way.

I then went in through the Western entrance and looked to the northern entrance (from the window in that hallway) as well. Again … the same entrance door clearly to the northern lodging is clearly seen … suspended in an upright position approximate 6 to 8 feet in front of the northern lodging entrance.

I do hope this makes sense.

EDIT:

To confirm .. I just reviewed this again.. and yes this condition only manifests itself when viewed through the windows of the two locations I've described … Looking outside toward the northern entrance door.

Edited by OlBuzzard

Great SH. I still think the stained glass is too bright, particularly if you stay in the room a few minutes. It seems to get brighter. I placed a giant Voss monument in front and that helped. Placed a fireplace in front of that and you've got a ski lodge.

I disagree, I found it wasn't bright enough.

I just noticed that placing a large light, such as the basic ceiling light (yellow) on the large ceiling hooks in the main hall of the main building (the stained glass room) means that the light is stuck there. There's no way to remove it without removing all of the decoration for the room since the hook is concealed under the decoration. That could cause some problems for people that go all out for decorating.

Also, it seems that there is a range on interactive lights such as the Dynamic Underworld Ceiling light. Once I put it up there, I am not able to turn it on and off because I am out of range. If there are no plans to make sure that players are always able to stand in range for decoration interaction, then it would be nice to get rid of the range limitations.

As an afterthought, the pillars and the pedestals in the stained glass room should have hooks as well. The pedestals look like the already existing Senate Podium (Crystal), Senate Podium (Lamp), and Temple Clock decorations.

It's only semi-related, but I thought I'd point out that we don't have enough Stronghold labels.

There are now fewer unique label themes than there are strongholds.

At this point, we're forced to duplicate themes.

Grouping by theme:

A pair of generic names: Stronghold/Galactic Stronghold

Generic comfy spot: Vacation Retreat

Faction-based names: Imperial/Republic Sanctuary

Order-based names: Jedi/Sith Academy

Underworld hangouts: Pirate's Roost/Smuggler's Haven

Buy and sell goods: Marketplace Cantina/Trade Emporium

Spiritual sites (light/dark): Temple of Light/Darkness, Chamber of Deception/Truth, Lair of Shadows

Hangout for the cool kids: Starfighter's Lounge

So you can see we really need some new labels to expand our options and make use of some of the amazing decorations that have been released.

Here are some ideas for new themes:

Headquarters:

Command Center -- generic enough for both factions, lets us set up a HQ for the Alliance.

Citadel of Peace/War -- supports our chosen goal in the story.

Science geek SH:

Research Center, Research Facility, Tracking Station, Logistics Base, Laboratory, Athenaum

Military SH:

Training Facility, Training Ground, Garrison, Resistance Garrison, Fortress, Forward Operating Base, Security Center, Overwatch, Proving Ground, Arms Depot

Remote SH:

Farmstead, Estate, Freehold, Frontier Settlement

Other new themes:

Corporate Headquarters, Mandalorian Citadel, Nightclub, Safe House, Skiptracer's Cantina

So it looks like we won't be getting a second floor for the stained glass room.

Check out the Pinnacles of Power update news picture for the Aldreraan Noble Estate:

https://www.swtor.com/onslaught/updates

As expected.

This next post is my final PTS review and I'm sorry to say it's not a positive one. As such I've used spoiler tags to hide it so you can easily scroll past it if you wish to.

If you do decide to take a look at my mad ramblings, you've been warned! :rak_04:

Comparing both feedback topics, that second floor or at the very least more rooms is the most requested change and nothing is being done. :(

Why they even asked for feedback is beyond me, certainly not to use it except make a few token changes.

I'll tell you how I would have gone about doing this. I would actually have started a topic much earlier (an official one, not the request Alderaan stronghold posts we've seen for years) when this stronghold idea was still a glint in its designer's eye and start off gradually what we'd like to see included, get some feedback on that.

Aw shucks, I'm sure people in this thread would love to have acted as beta testers, NDA and all. I would have.

A few issues I've read.

* That temple ruin

A solid lock for second-most requested change, the greenhouse posts aside, plenty of people don't like it, think it's useless or should be moved away (and out of sight). Some sort of closed beta testing of these things would have identified this and everything else or showcasing some design sketches, again in a highlighted post to whet people's appetite would do the same.

Personally I agree it doesn't belong there, I actually think it's kind of an eye sore but if it was tucked away along a small mountain pad or replace the Killik cave entrance or whatever I wouldn't care. Gosh golly I'd even prefer a greenhouse to the present state of it.

* Rooms too small?

It could have been avoided by showcasing one room, it's design sketch or even inquiring about the size. That would have meant including us in the process! Plenty of pre-existing examples for feedback.

* Rooms don't have windows

Mmnn see above.

* Not enough rooms?

O jee, it's a PALACE... But let's make it smaller than that rusty scrapyard called Rishi, really? The most requested stronghold location since strongholds were a thing? This is what we get? Really...

* No balcony (and I'll add the size of the main hall here too) and main floor? This could get a bit long.

People always said they wanted House Organa/Thul, well from the outside you delivered, good job. Inside though... Ugh. :rolleyes:

As preparation to decorate this I actually visited Alderaan, including both castles and everything else available without a mission lock, and Coruscant's senate tower. That is the size we wanted, The sides leading not to a small room but a corridor with multiple rooms in them, maybe 10 rooms from the ground floor's corridors alone, a staircase to the second floor with again 1-2 side corridors with side rooms and one leading to another large room, similar in size to Tython's council meeting chamber.

The lighting inside the current main hall is too low, the corners are too dark, and let's face it, a lot of older light deco's do not illuminate a thing. This was probably done to better reflect the window, don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but I find myself questioning the value of it just with how it requires the rest of the room to be so dark. And that's not going into how much hours went into making that when what appears to be the little time you had could have gone to things actually expected (as these topics themselves prove) like a second floor and more space.

The extensions to the sides that let us place small deco's..... look those are too small, it should be big enough to at least get a medium hook up there. Larger ones in a larger main hall could hold large hooks even for grand statues. Again look at Organa and Thul palaces. And as for size of the main hall, well I'd like it big enough to hold 9 centerpiece hooks, a grid of 3 by 3 and several smaller hooks around each one.

One final note. I know this is a bit of a rant, but bear in mind I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) have wanted this and waited for this for years since strongholds began. When it was introduced I was ecstatic and though I made no illusions it would never be just as I envisioned it, I had at least expected the designers to be aware of all the things I and others had requested over the years. Other things I wished for aside, the glaring absence of that second floor is incomprehensible to me, it's been requested in both feedback topics, it's been talked about for years before that, it diverts from pre-existing locations that have been a part of the core game, the very places we based our expectations on!

This stronghold in its current form is worse then never getting one at all. There will always be that which could have been.

Check out the Pinnacles of Power update news picture for the Aldreraan Noble Estate:

Which is sad, considering that they actually listen when we made comments about Rishi but maybe they have moved past that to not caring. Not sure. Everyone has requested a second floor and more rooms. The ruins and the cave there are varying degrees of opinions but not the second floor and the more rooms and let's hope they listen to the bugs, though at the moment not sure they even will do that.

I been requesting this stronghold when they first talked about strongholds and was excited to get it but now not really sure about it since they ignored what most people wanted, a second floor and more rooms.

As far as the cave, well that can be dealt with if they leave it that way and the ruins if they don't change it the stone walls will work very well in covering it up in my stronghold.

But the 2nd floor and more rooms well....

Edited by casirabit

Which is sad, considering that they actually listen when we made comments about Rishi but maybe they have moved past that to not caring. Not sure. Everyone has requested a second floor and more rooms. The ruins and the cave there are varying degrees of opinions but not the second floor and the more rooms and let's hope they listen to the bugs, though at the moment not sure they even will do that.

I agree it is a shame that there won't be a balcony added to the main room. I'm personally glad there won't be more rooms to make it bigger though, especially after they broke the Rishi SH making it impossible to use the various "spawn in points" (I forget what they're called) and no acknowledgement or fix. I really didn't want the same to happen to another big SH.

I'm certain they only listened to the Rishi feedback because it was a different type of stronghold - PvP focused - which excluded the decorating fanatics among us. They added the additional areas and allowed the PvP areas to be turned off because it then appealed to the decorators.

We may yet be surprised; they may yet make some alterations to the main room based on our feedback, since the advert for 6.1 isn't entirely accurate (e.g. I told both Emperor Vowran and Empress Acina to sod off with their new "Hand", so have no idea why they are saying Empire aligned characters will be helping to reform it). Unless those storylines are being forced on us regardless :(

that was there when they set up this second round for testing. proves nothing other then the fact that players jump to conclusion. we may not get a second floor and that would be depressing but you never know. the only fact the is true is the pinnacle of power you linked in is what they put when announcing second round of testing for the stronghold on the pts.

It shows pretty much what they were going to release anyway.. Putting it on PTS was just a formality to get us off their backs. They had no intention on listening to our feedback. They fulfilled their end by tweaking hook placements. "See, we listen" crapola. Yes, i'm jumping to conclusions. Of course I am. Their track record reinforces me jumping to conclusions. I'm actually quite upset. It's a good upset though, an epiphany of sorts. I no longer have faith in this company to provide a satisfactory game. I call for a vote of no confidence! Edited by TonyTricicolo

that was there when they set up this second round for testing. proves nothing other then the fact that players jump to conclusion. we may not get a second floor and that would be depressing but you never know. the only fact the is true is the pinnacle of power you linked in is what they put when announcing second round of testing for the stronghold on the pts.

We can base this on the way they handled Rishi. When they made changes we were informed. When they added the small apartment, what everyone was asking for, we were informed and asked to look at it. So yes based on that information we can say we are not probably going to get a second floor. If they do, I imagine a lot of us will be happy and apologize but it is better to expect them not to since they are not saying anything and their track records. Some of us have been here since launch and know their track record.

Furthermore, once a stronghold goes live, very little changes are made. They needed to make some changes to Maanan (not hook wise) and as of this date nothing so changes like that are not made once a stronghold goes live.

Edited by casirabit

I agree it is a shame that there won't be a balcony added to the main room. I'm personally glad there won't be more rooms to make it bigger though, especially after they broke the Rishi SH making it impossible to use the various "spawn in points" (I forget what they're called) and no acknowledgement or fix. I really didn't want the same to happen to another big SH.

I'm certain they only listened to the Rishi feedback because it was a different type of stronghold - PvP focused - which excluded the decorating fanatics among us. They added the additional areas and allowed the PvP areas to be turned off because it then appealed to the decorators.

We may yet be surprised; they may yet make some alterations to the main room based on our feedback, since the advert for 6.1 isn't entirely accurate (e.g. I told both Emperor Vowran and Empress Acina to sod off with their new "Hand", so have no idea why they are saying Empire aligned characters will be helping to reform it). Unless those storylines are being forced on us regardless :(

Agreed. Most of all my empire characters are saboteurs. There was only one of my 12 empire that supported the empire and took her seat back. The rest stayed with the alliance and are saboteurs. I would love to have a chance for them to actually be in the republic but hey if I can destroy the empire's plans, kill some dark council members, than okay but sooner or later they going to get suspicious unless they are stupid and don't see anything (lol)

We can base this on the way they handled Rishi. When they made changes we were informed. When they added the small apartment, what everyone was asking for, we were informed and asked to look at it. So yes based on that information we can say we are not probably going to get a second floor. If they do, I imagine a lot of us will be happy and apologize but it is better to expect them not to since they are not saying anything and their track records. Some of us have been here since launch and know their track record.

Furthermore, once a stronghold goes live, very little changes are made. They needed to make some changes to Maanan (not hook wise) and as of this date nothing so changes like that are not made once a stronghold goes live.

I guess that makes sense, I started playing almost 7 years ago. I dont do a lot of testing so I wouldn't know the track record. with that it makes sense, it would truly be sad not to have a second floor. a second floor could make the stronghold go from ok to great imo.

Not too get anyone's hopes up, but I like investigating the crevices of game maps and I used decorations to climb up on the 2nd floor ledge of the main room. You all know you can see some strange anomalies when you sit at an angle on your mount next to walls, etc. Well, I saw hallways with doorways on the other side of the wall on the top ledge, however, the hallways were incomplete and the doorways had no doors and were opened up to the outside world with no rooms behind them. Either they had planned to do it and abandoned it or still plan to complete the 2nd floor. I personally don't decorate that much, so either way is fine with me but just thought I'd let you all know what I saw.

At TonyTricicolo's request, here are a couple of screen shots. Hope they aren't spoilers for anyone.

https://imgur.com/DViWHg6

https://imgur.com/ml5xaMU

Edited by Selkcun
Screen shots

Not too get anyone's hopes up, but I like investigating the crevices of game maps and I used decorations to climb up on the 2nd floor ledge of the main room. You all know you can see some strange anomalies when you sit at an angle on your mount next to walls, etc. Well, I saw hallways with doorways on the other side of the wall on the top ledge, however, the hallways were incomplete and the doorways had no doors and were opened up to the outside world with no rooms behind them. Either they had planned to do it and abandoned it or still plan to complete the 2nd floor. I personally don't decorate that much, so either way is fine with me but just thought I'd let you all know what I saw.

I like anomalies. Do us a favor and take some screen shots please. I want to see these ghost rooms.

Give us a toggle for the weather/season. One that lets us remove the snow. I don't want my character to have to wear a parka to run around outside. Likewise most of the npc personnel decorations are not dressed for cold weather. Makes little sense to see them out there.

Give us a toggle for the weather/season. One that lets us remove the snow. I don't want my character to have to wear a parka to run around outside. Likewise most of the npc personnel decorations are not dressed for cold weather. Makes little sense to see them out there.

That would be nice, but they would need to give toggles for the others as well especially Tattoine and DK which I don't see them doing anytime soon.