Alderaan Stronghold Feedback Phase #1

EricMusco

Hope your having a good day,

I really love this strong hold's outdoor areas. Also the view of the water and mountians. However, the Yavin 4 Stronghold was my favorite because of the secret, flooded waterfall cave. I was hoping for at least a secret flooded cave of some sort. Maybe even a secret underground cavern rather than a cave. Perhaps luminous Kyber crystals in this flooded under ground cavern, and a small island of ancient marble floor.

Also, I love the stained glass in the Stronghold, but the walls of the stronghold are pretty barren without a few more windows. You have the big beautiful wide open Alderaan areas, the beautiful cave you already made, It kind of feels a little boxed in and claustrophobic for some. I realize that to maximize hook space, you can't have many windows. Maybe some stained glass skylights? I know it probably wouldn't be possible to put some wildlife in the field area like a Manka cat. Or make the transport a Thranta instead of a speeder.

Don't get me wrong , I am in love with the strong hold. I thank you so much for this long anticipated addition. I look forward to getting one even if things stay as is. Have a super day.

Edited by MysteriaEclipse

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to mention...

We have 11 stronghold labels, though some of them are now impossible to find:

Marketplace Cantina

Trade Emporium

Vacation Retreat

Starfighter's Lounge

Smuggler's Haven

Pirate's Roost

Lair of Shadows

Chamber of Deception/Truth

Imperial/Republic Sanctuary

Jedi/Sith Academy

Temple of Light/Darkness

There are really only 5 themes: commerce, resort, hideaway, spiritual area, and training site.

We have 7 strongholds, about to have 8:

Coruscant

Dromund Kaas

Nar Shaddaa

Tatooine

Yavin 4

Manaan

Umbara

Alderaan

This really doesn't give us much variety if we don't want to double-up on stronghold labels.

We already have to double-up on themes.

We could use some new labels.

Edited by Xina_LA

Hello again,

So since I think that the others before me have said pretty much everything there should be to know how good the Stronghold is and also which things you could still change, I want to go into it here with less than rather that I would like to note again and ask for that Guilds should also be able to acquire several Strongholds, your developer puts so much work into it that it will be difficult to agree as a Guild on only one fortress, on one Headquarters, just now with Rishi and Alderaan and also Yavin 4, our Guild is a Sith RP Guild and uses Yavin 4 because of its mystical and ancient charisma, but Alderaan is perfect as a residence and main point to play Sith intrigues, manipulations and more, with Yavin as a Sith Temple and Alderaan as a Palace, we don't want to have to choose, please make it possible for Guilds to buy several fortresses, even if the second one costs twice as much as the normal Guild fortress, I really hope you will see this post and maybe take it to heart to incorporate these small changes in the next update. :)

Thank you for your tireless work.

Not sure if feedback is still being accepted or not, but I’ll give my two cents on the matter anyway XD

In short, I think you guys did a fantastic job on the Alderaan SH, it feels majestic, and I feel it does a great job of representing the best of Alderaan. Honestly I think the SH’s shaping up to be the best SH you guys made. The rooms are gorgeous and I’m a fan of the number of starship hooks you guys installed, including the ones on the back. And I honestly don’t think the taxi needs to change to Thranta, since its more “ theme neutral” as just taxi.

However, there are some things that I think can be done to improve the SH:

- There needs to be large wall hooks at the palace entrance to place banners to signify where our loyalties lie

- The Killik cave (and this is the BIGGEST issue I have with this SH) is too restrictive, I think the Killik elements (mounds, eggs) need to be removed, so that the caves can be decorated in any way (crystal cave, ruins, etc)

- floor hooks need to be added in the ruins area

Edited by Turbelagos

- There needs to be large wall hooks at the palace entrance to place banners to signify where our loyalties lie

- The Killik cave (and this is the BIGGEST issue I have with this SH) is too restrictive, I think the Killik elements (mounds, eggs) need to be removed, so that the caves can be decorated in any way (crystal cave, ruins, etc)

Agreed! I'm so hyped to buy the Alderaan stronghold for my Jedi RP guild, but it's really disappointing that I'm probably going to go without one unlock just because the mandated killik aspect of the cave is so garrish, even though a cave would be so perfect!

Not sure if feedback is still being accepted or not, but I’ll give my two cents on the matter anyway XD

In short, I think you guys did a fantastic job on the Alderaan SH, it feels majestic, and I feel it does a great job of representing the best of Alderaan. Honestly I think the SH’s shaping up to be the best SH you guys made. The rooms are gorgeous and I’m a fan of the number of starship hooks you guys installed, including the ones on the back. And I honestly don’t think the taxi needs to change to Thranta, since its more “ theme neutral” as just taxi.

I agree... I simply do not care for the Killik cave in it's current form at all. I know .. that's just my personal taste. I wouldn't do the ruins either... we have enough ruins. I would also do something different with the "ruins" outside the main estate as well. Same reason: enough ruins ! I'm quite certain that there are several good ideas for the cave and the aux. building.

Thinking more about the cave, I wish it had different levels, like one of the Ossus caves, or even the cavern on Yavin 4.

The tunnels are flat, if I remember correctly. They don't wind upwards or downwards.

There aren't even any ledges to climb or explore. Not even raised metal platforms.

Are there even any water features? Waterfalls like Yavin 4 or Ossus?

I also wish there were some really high up rooms and balconies. Part of the glory of Alderaan castles is their epic height. I was hoping for an amazing view of the wilderness, snowy mountains, and perhaps castles in the distance. The valley bowl is useful but not scenic.

Edited by Xina_LA

Hi, i know its probably kinda late for this but i do love the Stronghold as a whole, but i do not like the Palace inside. It is just such a giant Palace from outside and then u can just use the ground floor? I feel like u should have at least 2 or 3 Floors to use, i mean its a *********** Palace ^^ Actually i do not need the Mountain retreat, i would love those Rooms and beautiful big Windows much more in the actual Palace, perhaps directly unter the roof like a Penthouse . (U could make 2 Floors at the bottom with the second floor having an opening throught the Main hall, and an elevator somewhere on the second floor going towards the Penthouse. Speaking of a Penthouse, i would love to see the Roof of the Palace put to some use, perhaps as a little garden where u can meditate while having the view over the whole countryside. Edited by jannikschnee

I would like to start off by saying I have wanted a living space/roleplay place in an Alderaan Castle since the day I started playing SWTOR way back in Beta.

I am quite happy it is one of the largest Strongholds - but I certainly be if this feedback forum is not actually used.

Seeing the Alderaan SH today on the second time it was on the PTS, I noticed no changes at all from the first phase.

This SH, personally, needs the following to make it the best and give players what they want:

1. It needs a second or even third floor!!! It needs to be as Grand as the main hall of the Senate! Huge, open, double floored main area. It is Palace!!! It needs to be bigger and this is what so many roleplayers have been wanting for so long. A basement would be nice - but a second floor above that 100%!

2. The throne room needs to be bigger. It is quite disappointing. Even a large center hook to help fix it. I do not like I cannot place my Dark Eternal Throne I paid CC with. All throne sizes need to fit in this Palace!!

3. The cave - I don't really see that as a need for this SH. It's such an odd thing - but that's my personal opinion. And if there is a large cave, perhaps making it plain with multiple hooks so it can be decorated according.

4. I have to stress a second floor with main more rooms!!! And a basement!! Enough rooms on the second floor too; for a war room, bedrooms, large library, meditation, bar, etc!! A second floor is a must, I have to stress it. Making the main room you first walk into look like how the Senate is - a dream come true that I, and so many players, want!

Overall, I'd give this SH a 5/10. The outside is so beautiful, so big... the inside is just disappointing in comparison.

I appreciate all the work, but it can be so much more Grand!

Thank you for listening. I hope this feedback gets looked over.

My gripes:

- On the whole, I love it.

- The ruins area in the mountain retreat really needs a roof, or maybe expanded. Like the idea, but feels kind of limited. I'm not a fan of the Killik cave - I would prefer the Killik hives and yellow cocoon thingies be optional someone, perhaps tied to the terminal? Would like the cave more if it was just a cave without any kind of preset decor like that.

- Stronghold is very big, but I enjoy this very much. It's perfect for certain kinds of RP and DnD-style dungeon making purposes, which I find extremely useful.

- Remove the Killik decor. Also, I liked the speeders and not the Thrantas.

- The hook density is fine, and I find excellent because it makes a massive variety of whats possible in each room and I appreciate that.

- The buildings need more ceiling light hooks.

- Please remove the obvious Jedi Temple chandeliers present in certain areas, and replace with standard ceiling light hooks - screenshots here - https://imgur.com/a/BcMSHFE

- Please add light terminals that can dim/brighten the lights in the buildings/rooms similar to the ones in the Rishi SH apartment.

Edited by KainrycKarr

- Remove the Killik decor.

Personally, I really like the Killik cave now that it has more details.

If they took out all the existing assets and replaced them with hooks, we wouldn't be able to build a Killik cave or a natural cavern. There aren't nearly enough decorations with eggs, crystals, pods, and other "cave-y" things. So either they'd have to realease the Spelunking Bundle with a lot of new underground-themed decorations, or keep the Killik cave, please.

Cool Stronghold, but one few things are missing:

1. Cellar. Every castle must have cellar or vault. Will be cool to see underground cave. Still Vine cellar or torture chamber is a must.
  2. Small rooms. Personnel and guests need stay somewhere over night
  3. Secret passage. People can use secret passage and escape via starship (hooks on other side of mountain).

Okay, so the only two issues I really found with this SH set up...

First, just an idea, give us some more hooks near/in the water areas.

Two, Bug/Glitch: When attempting to move from the West to the Northern Lodgings, the door opens the wrong way. The left door tries to go right and the right door tries to go left. Which in effect just switches the doors on the opposite sides of the frame. Makes it so you can't go through as well as looks silly... That's all really so far. (Haven't play tested as much as I want so far.)

• 4 weeks later...

NOW that the new Alderaan Stronghold is NOW LIVE with 6.1 patch being LIVE right now (and yes i bought it and unlocked it), there is a NEW BUG:

LMAO TRY Companion story conversations while in the new Alderaan SH .... you get COPIES of yourself and your companion - TWO of each of you ... in the convo scene lol. I just tried to have a convo with my Khem Val and there were TWO of EACH of us in the companion story conversation scene, in the snowy grass fields of the new Alderaan Stronghold. This is a weird bug. AND if you have certain LARGE sized decorations placed in the large hooks, YOU CANNOT SEE ANYTHING of yourself or your companion (nor their 2 copies) during those conversations because the decos get in the way ..... PLEASE MOVE the convos to a NON-DECO location, like ONLY ON THE BRIDGE over the stream, please.

I don't know if you're still accepting feedback on this, but can you prevent the grass from clipping through all the items placed outside? That would make things look much nicer. As it is I have grass blades sticking through stone statues and also benches and fountains. Thank you!