Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

QuiJonPed
03.02.2012 , 06:44 AM | #71
Hmmm I think Sorcs/Sages need to bend over and grit their teeth. Bioware is coming in dry.

Vulgar mental images aside, I play a healer OP and enjoy it immensly. Mainly because it is hard to play the class. You have to think about where you position, what heal to use etc. When I hit 50, I immediately picked up two Centurion pieces, and worked up from there.

I've started getting 5k heal crits and, on occasion, slamming down 300k+ of healing.

Sometimes I even out heal the Sorcs

rotatorkuf
03.02.2012 , 12:17 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Triik View Post
Hes not wrong, if you allowed to just stand there and spam on 1 target for 10 straight minutes, operatives/scoundrels will no doubt win, just because pugnacity -> underworld medicine -> emergency (and op equivalants) is practically spammable.

But honestly in what situation can you stand still spamming a 2 second cast spell?

It's especially annoying in pvp since anyone skilled enough to press the interrupt button kills you (particularly those 6 sec riot strike/quell vanguard/pts).

You main 2 sec cast heal gets interrupted. only thing left that you can cast is HoTs (or kolto pack if you upper hand/ta). Which then pretty much turns into RNG mode where you are just praying that you get UH/TA procs from HoTs (which at best is once per 6 seconds).

For the longest time I endured it because I wasn't 31 yet and didn't have the below 30% emergency medpack spam talent. But turns out that it was pretty worthless given how little emergency medpack actually heals for, doing an average of 1100 per cast (probably get a little better with gear), its not going to save anyone from any reasonably geared dps.

Top that off with no reliable way of escaping and your vanish pretty much makes you useless for 10 seconds (no healing received or done for 10 seconds).

Normally I am fine, if healing is like this for everyone I'll take it, but its clearly not. I am now playing a healing sage which frankly makes me wonder how on earth sages/sorcs aren't nerfed at ALL. Multiple healing spells available incase one gets interrupted. 4K absorb shields. and that freaking crazy aoe ground heal. 30s Force speed by the way is the craziest escape mechanism you can give to a healer

The idea behind sage/sorcs unsustainable healing might work in pve, but seriously in pvp its just not viable limit mechanism. I don't recall the a time where a fight lasted long enough for me to drain my entire force pool without downtime.

(All experience comes from 1-49 bracket, but I would assume healing wouldn't change much in the 50s bracket).

I really HATE playing my sage (the story and voice acting AND companions) so I just went back to my scoundrel but going scrapper instead (props to fem smuggler voice actor and whoever wrote her lines).
+1

sorc bubbles are stupid

Shardie
03.02.2012 , 02:33 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianpixie View Post
I didn't say they were viable nerfs.

I'm saying they are what i was/am expecting from Bioware. ( Editted for English fail. )
Your forgetting, the Shadow was already nerfed. Particularly its Balance Hybrid spec
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

Vid-szhite
03.02.2012 , 03:22 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by xcomax View Post
Assassins Gunslingers and Scoundrels? When Mercs are spamming Tracer missle with back to back 4k crits, Juggs doing 9k aoe crits back to back, Sages healing to full in 2.2 seconds and ****** anyone that touches them? Really?
Juggernauts physically cannot do 9k crits back to back. Rage only allows a single crit from Smash (itself a cooldown ability) after a very long and obvious setup in melee combat, which requires lots of cooldown usage for the buffs to tick up. Every other move a Jugg does in Rage spec does crap damage. Rage trades all other sustained damage for that big Smash, so they're even more bursty than Scoundrels. Furthermore, Critsmash only does 9k to badly geared cloth users with your Relic and Adrenal popped. On average, it'll do about half that - 4.5k - and only if your gear is good. Ever since the surge nerf, 9k is the maximum.

Critsmash is also very easy to avoid, since Smash is a tiny PBAoE. At the very least once a Scoundrel get in position, your moves aren't going to randomly miss.

Contrast this with Operatives and Scoundrels STILL able to knock me down and own me in 5 seconds as a Juggernaut since the nerf, when I'm in about ~330 expertise, and I'll have no sympathy for any operative or scoundrel who nerf herds Juggernauts when we're pretty much in the same boat as you. People laugh at Jugg DPS too, and we're the hardest tanks to play and hardest tanks to heal. I've done both roles, DPS as Vengeance and Tank as Immortal, and even though I think I do all right, people look down their noses at me.

The burst nerf was needed, but should have come with a buff to sustained DPS. I agree. Being bitter over the fact that it didn't, and lashing out against Juggernauts with blatant misinformation doesn't help you get groups, it just gives your misery more company. Instead of nerfherding, you should advocate for actual fixes that would make you guys better.

For what it's worth, the one time I tanked with two Operative DPS in a Hardmode Directive 7, we never once hit enrage timers, and in fact our healer said it was the fastest he'd ever seen the bosses go down, so your DPS isn't NEARLY as bad as you're making it out to be. They were being slammed for doing bad DPS... but guess who was slamming them? THEMSELVES. They would not shut up about how bad their DPS was while doing amazing DPS. No matter how many times we tried to reassure them that they were, in fact, doing fantastic DPS, they refused to fully believe it. I'm honestly starting to wonder if a lot of the anti-hype was just invented.

Brightglade
03.02.2012 , 04:00 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Vid-szhite View Post
People laugh at Jugg DPS too, and we're the hardest tanks to play and hardest tanks to heal.
Not even close. SI tanks are -by far- the hardest tanks to heal. A wet paper bag looks at them, and the Assassin loses half of their HP. They are horrible. Something about their mechanic is missing and needs to be addressed when you compare the three tanks.

Juggers are lightyears beyond all other tanks as long as you don't dump all of your points into the tank tree. I have a Jugger friend that tanks and unless theirs 4+ mobs on him, or a couple of DoTs, he simply doesn't lose a meaningful amount of HP. Drop a couple of Op Medic HoTs on him and I can dps unless its a boss fight. Even then, I can still work in some stabbing.
"When faced with a choice between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
Mae West

tXHereticXt
03.02.2012 , 06:01 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Shardie View Post
Your forgetting, the Shadow was already nerfed. Particularly its Balance Hybrid spec
How? Combat Technique. They increased the amount of health you gain per proc and just made you wait a little longer. It factors out to being greater over time when it comes to self heals.

However, my advice to Devs - instead of nerfing the good classes... why not just boost the classes falling short. Juggs and Guards don't need Sin and Shadows to be nerfed, they're still and always will be a viable tank; Just boost their short comings a little.

grandmasterub
03.02.2012 , 06:08 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by bobmcbo View Post
I mentioned assassins/shadows being nerfed because I heard that will be in one of the next updates to take away the tank/DPS hybrid-ness from them
They already nerfed shadow/sin hybrids... You can't hybrid spec at all anymore.

Because of that the tank spec is now overplayed because the dps specs are far to squishy for pvp.
Rhaegar - Jedi Shadow Hyperspace Cannon
Trooperdude - Vanguard Hyperspace Cannon

All WZ Players Please Read

grandmasterub
03.02.2012 , 06:12 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by tXHereticXt View Post
How? Combat Technique. They increased the amount of health you gain per proc and just made you wait a little longer. It factors out to being greater over time when it comes to self heals.

However, my advice to Devs - instead of nerfing the good classes... why not just boost the classes falling short. Juggs and Guards don't need Sin and Shadows to be nerfed, they're still and always will be a viable tank; Just boost their short comings a little.
Adjusted key talents to make them stance dependent to the point where more than 10 points in a 2nd tree isn't useful. Also increased stance cost to 100 force so in combat swaps take 10-15 seconds of non force use
Rhaegar - Jedi Shadow Hyperspace Cannon
Trooperdude - Vanguard Hyperspace Cannon

All WZ Players Please Read

Manigma
03.02.2012 , 07:14 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
You realize Ops are still godly?

I am a very good sage. If an Op unstealths on me, I am doing nothing for 5.5 seconds. He gets the 1.5 sec knockdown, does damage, 4 second stun, does damage, vanishes, unloads again.

By the time I have resolve, I am at 1/2 health and still he goes schnick schnick schnick.

If I see him coming I might have a chance.

Now Ops are crying that they cant guarentee solo someone in heavy armor anymore, awww.
Wow so ops can beat the class they are designed to kill - a ranged squishy and this means they are godly? you forget there is more than your class in this game and they don't do so well vs other targets.

Harkess
03.03.2012 , 02:44 AM | #80
Lets have Epic Rap Battle between all classes and who ever lose get nerf to the ground.