Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

Darth-Rammstein
02.29.2012 , 07:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
They're going to nerf Guardians/Juggernauts.
I'm going to be upset if this happens, there are so many qq threads from people saying smash is op. I feel like were going to be the next operatives =/
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

dutch-master
03.01.2012 , 06:18 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by lilpete View Post
So I was thinking on rolling a sage or sorc for my main class since Scoundrel is completely useless. However, I'm thinking by the time I get to 50 and start enjoying it, it'll also get nerfed. What are your thoughts, and what class would you make to assure it's safety from the nerf comets?
I'd say they will nerf the Sage/Sorcerer. Just because its 100% unnecessary and that follow Bioware's track record of not making sense....

jbuschell
03.01.2012 , 07:26 AM | #63
How about instead of playing the fotm you just play what is fun to you, let me guess if you played wow, throughout its inception to now, you probabally played Warlock in vanilla, resto druid in bc, Warlock again in wrath and resto shaman in cata, sound about right?

Joms
03.01.2012 , 07:36 AM | #64
I cant break 5k dmg on my scroundrel but a tank with alot of defense can crap load of dmg.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHuwPm6aDhs
A noob got owned and is crying like a baby!
Originally Posted by Greg Zoeller:
Reason for the nerf to OPs/SCs
"stun locked by a team of Operatives"

Lythir
03.01.2012 , 09:20 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
You realize Ops are still godly?

I am a very good sage. If an Op unstealths on me, I am doing nothing for 5.5 seconds. He gets the 1.5 sec knockdown, does damage, 4 second stun, does damage, vanishes, unloads again.

By the time I have resolve, I am at 1/2 health and still he goes schnick schnick schnick.

If I see him coming I might have a chance.

Now Ops are crying that they cant guarentee solo someone in heavy armor anymore, awww.
At which point he can no longer stun you and does only moderate dmg attacks - this is assuming any op would blow his 2 min CD that saves his life when things go wrong, just to get you to 50%.

Now it's your turn, you pop a medpack or instant heal, then start casting your various heals. The op interupts you, but that's on a 12 sec CD and only locks out one of your heals. You cast the other and shortly you are back at full health.

By this time you're maybe 10 GCDs into the fight and your tank / team should be pounding him flat. He can't vanish because he wasted that CD earlier and so he dies.

tamgros
03.02.2012 , 12:58 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Joms View Post
I cant break 5k dmg on my scroundrel but a tank with alot of defense can crap load of dmg.

Hello, I'm from the days where 10-49 isn't in it's own bracket and surge hasn't been nerfed. Please change these things now!

Present day... Jug/Guard that spec the shared tree only have one defensive CD on a long CD and they are pretty much a one hit wonder with something that is counterable (cleanses/interrupts). So i think they're fine.

There are certain trees that need to be buffed:
-Combat/Carnage for Sentinals/Mauraders comes to mind.

-A few 31 point skills like Powertech/Vanguard stuff

I think the utility of Sages/sorcs is a bit much, but they are fine if you know how to use the interrupt button. Pro tip, the channeled pebbles/lightning is the key to their whole deal, interrupt that before they get their proc...

I find it really cool that every class has been mentioned in needing a nerf in this thread, taht's as close to balance in an MMO as you'll get
@tamgros on twitter
Host on Gamebreaker.tv
twitch.tv/tamgros to see my skillz ... or something

BobaFurz
03.02.2012 , 03:16 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Joms View Post

And people only cried for operatives before 1.1....LOL

Quote:
=> Commando | Mercenary
Mythic wouldnt nerf Commis/Mercs, they are the Warrior Priests in Swtor.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

VincentWolf
03.02.2012 , 06:18 AM | #68
Popular or not popular class -- they WERE needed. Now if they have any slightest idea of their own game, they will nerf marauders insane damage and assassin's survivability/damage (hybrid spec probably).

Sikifetta
03.02.2012 , 06:23 AM | #69
Four years and they still have to change things...................?

GorZie
03.02.2012 , 06:42 AM | #70
I don't like nerf's however, I believe that rework is needed for huttball.

The Huttball should give a debuff which doesn't allow you to get pulled, charge onto other players or use any movement increasing abilities while carrying it.

People which calling for nerfs are usually not beyond centurion equip, if you had at least full champion equip the received damage would not matter as much. Its not a matter of imbalanced class more likely a big difference in equip.