Eradicator and Trouble Makers chestpiece not dying properly

Asros

Both items seem not to be dying and color matching appropriately.

The eradicator chestpiece has red stripes on the sleeves that stay red no matter what the secondary dye color is.

The troublemakers chestpiece leaves the center undershirt brown no matter what the secondary dye color is.

• Dev Post

Two things here:

1. What MillionsKNives pointed out is correct. Some pieces have colors that are not part of the primary/secondary color scheme, and those parts of the gear will not be dyed.

2. There's currently a bug on the Known Issues list that states:

• The "Unify to Chestpiece" option will not function properly for Dye Modules with only one color (Primary or Secondary).

I want to reiterate that it is very important that everyone who has a bug to post read the Bug Report Forum Guidelines and Known Issues before creating a new thread so that we can be sure to make this forum a manageable resource for both players and developers.

Thank you!

Edited by AmberGreen

• The "Unify to Chestpiece" option will not function properly for Dye Modules with only one color (Primary or Secondary).

I want to reiterate that it is very important that everyone who has a bug to post read the Bug Report Forum Guidelines and Known Issues before creating a new thread so that we can be sure to make this forum a manageable resource for both players and developers.

Thank you!

Hi Amber,

thanks, as usual, for your excellent communication -- in this case though, don't you think it's a little ironic to ask people to check the known issues thread before reporting on a bug that can only have been release because BW/EA's devs/QA didn't bother to check their code worked properly (which is kind of part of their jobs...)?

Edited by Midget_Yoda

Two things here:

1. What MillionsKNives pointed out is correct. Some pieces have colors that are not part of the primary/secondary color scheme, and those parts of the gear will not be dyed.

Thank you!

Thanks amber, but i did check the known issues. I am talking about dyes with 2 color types.

If this isnt a bug, then it looks terrible. What is the point of changing the color of our armor if the red stripes dont change? This stuff defeats the purpose of using dye modules. If someone wants to use green or orange or something, it wont always match, and will probably even clash with the red stripes.

While i appreciate the poster above saying it isnt a bug, id like BW to review this as like i said, if it isnt a bug, its just bad design on the items.

Thanks amber, but i did check the known issues. I am talking about dyes with 2 color types.

If this isnt a bug, then it looks terrible. What is the point of changing the color of our armor if the red stripes dont change? This stuff defeats the purpose of using dye modules. If someone wants to use green or orange or something, it wont always match, and will probably even clash with the red stripes.

While i appreciate the poster above saying it isnt a bug, id like BW to review this as like i said, if it isnt a bug, its just bad design on the items.

That's because Bioware have only managed to develop half a dye system. Tertiary and quaternary colours are not available for change. It's a poor effort that begets frustrations like these.

Amber, can you ask the devs to go play Guild Wars 2 for a while and then come back and implement a proper dye system please? Thanks.

The Cademimu Sharpshooter Jacket and it's similar looking counterpart from the Cartel Market have the same problem... it's main colour is grey, and cannot be dyed. Both primary an secondary dyes only affect some striping, which is really annoying. A great coat, and it cannot be customized.

The same is for most wide-brimmed (cowboy) hats - they don't even have a primary colour, but only a secondary one!

Two things here:

Thank you!

The problem is from some armor the secondary color is not the secondary color.

For example the Gree Armor chest if you apply "primary white and secondary red" become totally red and the rest of the set is whyte. So this is an issue.

There are also some armor where the secondary color is relly really a small thing, like a decoration, and the armor does not fit well with other different gear because of this.

Bump. I was really hoping to be able to change the color of the red stripes when I heard dyes were coming out.

Edited by CO_DAIGO

Nothing ironic about that. You can say that about any bug in any piece of software ever. But we live in the real world where issues are inevitable and QA can't catch everything.

Balderdash. (he says replacing the word he'd like to use...)

Using a primary only colour dye on my chest plate means that random mob Z on planet Xog won't agro me == valid thing for QA to miss

Using a primary only colour dye on my chest plate means that Match To Chest doesn't work == someone (dev or downstream release candidate QA) not testing their product.

I don't write game code but I _DO_ write software for a living and all you apologists are talking out of your backsides. While some of these bugs are understandable, there are far too many ICBA things hitting the live servers.

• 1 month later...
I use the Eradicator Gloves, Belt, boots and greaves on quite a few characters with other chest parts. On the greaves, there is a blue/grayish color that can't be changed and that really ruins look when you mix then with other armors and also Dyes. The gloves change colors just fine, so the greaves should be albe to do this as well. IMO they are the nicest looking armor parts in the game, but ruis a lot of nice mixes/uniqe looks with that horrible blue/gray color on the greaves. Edited by Morien