Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kellorion
07.05.2013 , 09:12 PM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
I was really hoping for a KOTOR Anniversary Bundle.

HK-47 Customization
Star Forge mini replica pet.
Title
Color Crystal.
Hell yes, thats more like it.
Vantos'kallig Ironheart Tiran-Ori Ken
Eagerly waiting for Cereans, Natoluans, Nikto, & Voss .
I got a bad feeling about this.....post.

xorcist
07.05.2013 , 09:59 PM | #442
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
Are you talking about Revan's Heir title?

I have to tell you that 500 Cartel Coins is a very big let down for me. Proving once more that the game revolves around the Cartel Market. And in no way make Subscribers feel appreciated than a one time gift of 500 Coins. Very underwhelming to be sure. A one time gift does nothing to make me feel that my $15 per month, every month is worth supporting the game. Especially when Bioware Austin puts so much emphasis on the Cartel Market while less than a quarter of that amount is spent on in game rewards and improvements.
If the teams of Bioware Austin cannot show the same commitment as the rest of us consumers, than why should we support you. You're making it too easy to move on.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

astrobearx
07.05.2013 , 10:05 PM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
Wait, not only do we not get it for free, its not even Legacy wide?!? Da hell?!
oh yes, 15 cc IS SO HARD TO GET

Tatanka
07.05.2013 , 11:04 PM | #444
Because there was so much chatter about it on fleet and some planets, quick question. The 500cc "subscriber" reward was given to preferred status players as well? Chatter seemed to indicate they did.
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"
Click this not obnoxiously sized referral to add 7 days to your sub, a free server transfer, a jumpstart bundle, and more!
I get stuff,
you get stuff, we both save the galaxy!

RisenDragon
07.05.2013 , 11:29 PM | #445
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
Because there was so much chatter about it on fleet and some planets, quick question. The 500cc "subscriber" reward was given to preferred status players as well? Chatter seemed to indicate they did.
No. The 500CC grant was given only to current Subscribers.

Lyshar
07.06.2013 , 12:10 AM | #446
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaywinnit View Post
Boo... just... boo... figures it'd be tied into the damn CM... hopefully there is more to it then just an extra handful of coins..since that doesn't really show me any appreciation.
*BOOs along* It's not appreciation, it's an attempted bribe, and a failed one at that.
But better to reply to him, so here goes...

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
Yeah I saw that in that "Tour the Czerka Corporation facilities and meet the Titans of Industry" mail, but never got any mail that mentions the supposed subscriber "appreciation" you promised. Well, maybe you didn't technically promise that, but you implied it. You came in here and told us to keep watching for an e-mail, which turns out to be just the usual Insider news thingy, which not everyone has to get as not everyone has to be subscribed to it. Then you continue to promote a stupid "event" to get people to fork over some more CC (small amount, but still, it's the thought that counts), and there's the "Go visit the 3rd party site to get a chance for free CC" junk.

500 CC is NOT appreciation, it's an attempt to bribe us for our silence. The whole reason for you feeling the need to show appreciation is the cartel market in the first place... But hey, there's going to be something similar around the end of the month, how much will it be that time? 200 CC, 1000 CC, all we know now it'll be CC and probably a different amount? Not to mention the "Buy CC and get a free pet if you buy it at the right place" non-sense, you can't even think of giving one for being a sub, but in that mail there's is an add for that?

This is exactly what I meant, this is a failed hype boost that did the opposite of your intentions, it only works if you really keep it a secret (meaning not telling people you're going to do ANYTHING), and then actually let people know when you do it (posting it in some thread tucked away doesn't count, where many of your target audience don't even see it). You are all really out of touch with reality there BioWare, I'm sorry for you that I have to say it. I know 2 year olds that are easier to explain this to, with them actually having a chance to get it and learn.

In other words: "We know subscribers are getting more and more annoyed with the Cartel junk we add, so lets put a tiny band-aid on that open wound and pretend everything will be all right while we're just going to add more bleeding".

Breythor
07.06.2013 , 12:24 AM | #447
My Customer Appreciation gift came in the form of being unable to log into the game because the system seem to be unable to actually email the 'one-time security password' it tells you its emailing you, and the bonus gift of not being able to purchase any more cartel points as I've apparently reach the cap. This is the first company I've ever encountered in my 50 some odd years that actually caps how much of there product (virtually unlimited product) they allow their customers to purchase. I couldn't believe it when I tried to purchase cartel points so I could partake in some of the overly advertised in game content only to discover I could not... after opening a ticket I was informed that I would not be able to purchase any more cartel points as I've reach your cap.... What kind of idiots cap a paying customer???

I've already lost a few of my friends from this game because they finally got fed up with being unable to log into the game because of the infuriating 'one-time temporary password' that is supposed to be emailed and never is actually emailed. So I have to ask, Are you all trying to drive off your customers?? Is this whole venture just some scam write off that you have no intention of succeeding at. I have to tell you, that's the way its appearing... you have a game foundation that could, potentially, be the best on the mmorpg market and your doing everything you can to frustrate and drive off your customers. WHAT GIVES?

SithKoriandr
07.06.2013 , 12:33 AM | #448
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
Hi Eric, I have a question I hope you will be able to answer.

Why did the devs come to the decision to even have a price tag on the title designed to celebrate 10 years of KOTOR?
This is a very good question. Mind you, I don't care about the title, since we have so little to do with Revan in game, but still, a very good question.

As for the 500 CC. Not the 25 Dye Pack bundle I was hoping for. But, I blew those 500 points on 2 Dye Packs instead Still didn't get that black/black dye I've been wanting for my Consular
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Mikroswitch
07.06.2013 , 02:28 AM | #449
Quote: Originally Posted by KorbinArmand View Post
20 bucks our Ewok friend will be 1000 coins, 500 they gave you and 500 from your sub..
Actually the ewok companion needs legacy rank 40 and then one million credits to buy the meeting quest.
< THE MiK LEGACY >
Mikrosurgery : Sawbones
Mikroswitch : Vanguard

Jeweledleah
07.06.2013 , 02:34 AM | #450
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikroswitch View Post
Actually the ewok companion needs legacy rank 40 and then one million credits to buy the meeting quest.
OR cartel coins. its either/or situation.