Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Episode IX trailer is trash and here's you should get off hype train and boycott it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Episode IX trailer is trash and here's you should get off hype train and boycott it

OBBSWG
04.23.2019 , 09:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
How so? Vader sacrificed himself for his son to be alive, without that sacrifice Luke would've been killed. The rebelllion would've lost due to Sidious' sith battle meditation and unless somehow Leia managed to become a Jedi and defeat the Emperor, and kill or redeem her father the galaxy would've been thrown in darkness as opposed to slowly turn to the light. Vader's sacrifice was what allowed the New Republic to even exist, and the New Jedi Order to rise thanks to Luke. I'd say his sacrifice is still very important.
You're right, it is still important. I don't mean that Vader's sacrifice is completely pointless if Palpatine comes back, but what makes it especially meaningful in the original trilogy is that he finally ends the Sith threat to the galaxy like everybody in the Jedi Council assumed he would back in the prequel trilogy. If Palpatine can just pop back up a few years down the road, then Vader never really ended that Sith era. Still saved Luke, still saved the New Republic, but didn't do what he was "destined" to do. There's not as much closure to his story if his biggest (positive) accomplishment can be easily undone for the sake of a sequel.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a whole page of comments between FlameYOL's post and mine; added quote to clarify what I'm responding to. Whoops.

OBBSWG
04.23.2019 , 09:53 PM | #22
Edit: double-post (apparently I'm incapable of forum-ing today)

TheRazorBlazer
04.23.2019 , 11:24 PM | #23
As much as it intrigued me to see Palpatine return, this will definitely destroy Anakin Skywalker's whole redemption arc if Palpatine is fully resurrected. To me, this was a desperate attempt to bring back fans that they lost with The Last Jedi.
And honestly, I did not like The Last Jedi, but they should've just continued with the direction of that story with Kylo Ren as the main villain as the new Supreme Leader. But, if Palpatine is back, it seems like they're rewriting the events that Rian Johnson set forth in Episode 8.
Really, this sequel trilogy seems like there was no planning put forth into it. There's no clear beginning, middle, and end. Each episode feels like it's been rewritten by different authors. It boggles me how the biggest IP in movie history was handled in this way. And now it's no longer the biggest IP I would say. That title belongs to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and rightly so.
I am lightyears more excited for Endgame than anything related to Star Wars sequel trilogy. Because Kevin Feige and everyone at Marvel actually took the time to PLAN for ten years up until Infinity War. And now everything feels like a massive payoff. Disney Star Wars should take some notes.

Collec
04.24.2019 , 01:10 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRazorBlazer View Post
Really, this sequel trilogy seems like there was no planning put forth into it. There's no clear beginning, middle, and end. Each episode feels like it's been rewritten by different authors. .

That's because it was. Episode VIII not only ruined franchise, but it didn't even bother to follow episode VII: Next trailer they put out,it'll probably just show more of Luke,Leia,Lando, because no one cares about their "heroes".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

merovejec
04.24.2019 , 04:14 AM | #25
As some people said, I will watch it (once) cause its Star Wars. I still have the old movies on VHS and those are the true masterpieces, I also have episodes 1-3 on DVD cause I did like them to a certain extent as they explained the story (but Episode 3 could have been better). Those movies are worth to keep cause they are material that you could watch over and over.

What we have now are onetime flicks. Its just like content in swtor that you play through once and move on. Episode 7 was a copy of episode 4, thats when we realized that these movies are made just to make money, not to really continue the legacy. Episode 8 messed things up completely and I wonder what Episode 9 will bring. Thats the only reason I will actually watch it, to see the plot, but that is it.

OH! and the solo movies like Rogue One and Solo are really really good! They are much better than the main new trilogy!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

MadDutchman
04.24.2019 , 09:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OBBSWG View Post
You're right, it is still important. I don't mean that Vader's sacrifice is completely pointless if Palpatine comes back, but what makes it especially meaningful in the original trilogy is that he finally ends the Sith threat to the galaxy like everybody in the Jedi Council assumed he would back in the prequel trilogy. If Palpatine can just pop back up a few years down the road, then Vader never really ended that Sith era. Still saved Luke, still saved the New Republic, but didn't do what he was "destined" to do. There's not as much closure to his story if his biggest (positive) accomplishment can be easily undone for the sake of a sequel.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a whole page of comments between FlameYOL's post and mine; added quote to clarify what I'm responding to. Whoops.
They've already been messing with the whole idea with the Chosen One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no4SxdIIDBE

Filoni did later give us a "certain point of view" explanation of that scene, however it may not be over yet.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Rebamcfan
04.24.2019 , 10:22 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
They've already been messing with the whole idea with the Chosen One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no4SxdIIDBE

Filoni did later give us a "certain point of view" explanation of that scene, however it may not be over yet.
I thought this scene was very clear in what it was trying to convey; Obi-Wan's point of view in the matter of Chosen One. He sees Luke, the son of man he had trained, as one who would restore the balance to Force as he felt that Anakin would be unredeemable after he had turned to dark side, and how he had "failed Anakin" (in his own words).
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg If you liked what I posted, feel free to use my Referral link. ^_^

Collec
04.25.2019 , 01:23 PM | #28
The whole problem of Maul being alive is in that scene. Getting cut in half no biggie...die from a slash wound = dead. Even though we don't see wound on Maul and **** me,if he would still somehow bring him back after that. And I don't hate actor Sam. He did great job as Maul and lightsaber battles of course are cool...And I don't want to hear that excuse,that Maul hated Obi-Wan so much that he just wouldn't die thing. Those that died,should stay dead. I would have no problem, if they showed that someone survived and XYZ person had no idea they survived.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collec
04.25.2019 , 01:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
As some people said, I will watch it (once) cause its Star Wars. I still have the old movies on VHS and those are the true masterpieces, I also have episodes 1-3 on DVD cause I did like them to a certain extent as they explained the story (but Episode 3 could have been better). Those movies are worth to keep cause they are material that you could watch over and over.

What we have now are onetime flicks. Its just like content in swtor that you play through once and move on. Episode 7 was a copy of episode 4, thats when we realized that these movies are made just to make money, not to really continue the legacy. Episode 8 messed things up completely and I wonder what Episode 9 will bring. Thats the only reason I will actually watch it, to see the plot, but that is it.

OH! and the solo movies like Rogue One and Solo are really really good! They are much better than the main new trilogy!
We are all Star Wars fans here. And this is why this game is still up and running and this is what they are counting on. Because it's Star Wars people will see it no matter what. And we'll say it's the last last last movie of Skywalker saga/ era until we need them again for next movies we gonna do and these Star Wars fans will go see those movies as well,because it's Star Wars. And we'll bring back Panaka if needed.

Watch it at home. As Mark Hamill said...in Hollywood it doesn't matter, if it's of high quality...only if it MAKES MONEY !!! Trailer is bait, Palpatine is bait, Luke's narration is bait. If everyone loves Rey and gang so much, why is there more reaction towards Lando, Palpatne's laugh, CGI Leia (even though they say, how they used unused footage from episode VII and VIII) and Skywalker title. And then it'll bee 2h of turd Rey and her gang vs Kylo, where he'll get rekt 3rd time by Rey.

Collec
04.25.2019 , 01:38 PM | #30
Oh and this..I'll post this as seperate one:

some people are excited and theorize, that if Palpatine would be force ghost, that then we would watch force ghost battles between Luke and Palpy....like if that happens I walk away from anything Star Wars.

I've read what will actually happen in that link I posted in my first post and expect that movie will follow pretty much what was in that video and it's gonna suck.