Do people hate or love Galactic Starfighter?

LegoUniverseBC

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle. The fun is heavily distorted by faction imbalance here.

Even although people on my server tell me that there just isn't any faction imbalance, I can tell you that out of 15 games I (as a Republic player) have won 3 or 4. The others were won by the imperial faction to 3/4 with all 3 sattelites captured.

Middle. The fun is heavily distorted by faction imbalance here.

Even although people on my server tell me that there just isn't any faction imbalance, I can tell you that out of 15 games I (as a Republic player) have won 3 or 4. The others were won by the imperial faction to 3/4 with all 3 sattelites captured.

Thats because republic players dont understand the concept of objectives. They think they can just go around killing random players and win.

I've been playing Republic, I've done I think a half dozen battles, and my side has never lost. Though in one battle it was close, the imps had 2 satellites captured for a while and were ahead but we managed to take it back by the end.

I don't know if that's in any way significant, that's a pretty small sample size. It's not like my side always dominates, we've just managed to win by the end.

I can not tell you how upset I am with starfighter. To do that I would have to use an extensive amount of verbal obscenities to the point most likely resulting in my getting banned. The problem being the twitchyness of the mouse controls... i sneeze and I do 18 bazzilion barrel rolls into an obstacle and poof game over.... I mess with my mouse sensitivity and discover the game is not playable regardless of setting. in short I would rather instigate Bacon / Jawa chat in /general then play starfighter.

On the other end of the scale, the customization of your fighter... that is amazing! Different crew members and assignments, all very cool. The overall customization in general I think is what players were hoping for as far as their own fleet ships.

If I had payed cash money for this content... i would have canceled my sub for the duration of the cost of the expansion out of spite.

Edit**

Don't let my opinion sway you from tying it... might be just me.

Edited by rangerbobsw
had another thought

I have been playing this game since the very beginning. I have only one character left to finish every story in the game. Having said that, I was so excited about Galactic Starfighter, I literally counted the days and saved my cartel points for buying stuff for it.

Now that it's here, I'm so underwhelmed, I sincerely question anyone that is enjoying it. The shields are so bad *** in this game, Luke could've taken the Death Star by himself if he would've been so equipped. Everyone starts so far apart that afterburners have to be engaged until you're out of engine power just to get within sight of other players. Then, there's the spinning...Dog fights are not intense, they are boring slug fests that require patience, not skill.

Overall, this is the worst thing I've seen done to a game in a long time. It's unbalanced, simplistic and poorly executed. It's not enough that I would cancel my account but like a previous poster said, if I had paid for this, I would've felt totally robbed.

Eh Its okay. Its not the "****" reaction but hey I like it. Something new and it goes a hell of a lot faster than ground pvp so far.

Though I do seem to get naueated slightly while playing. Might just have to get used to it lol.

Lining up that kill on a scout who's out of engine with rapid blasters and a lock on for the finisher. Love it.

What I hate?

Turn fights. Its really really easy to get stuck in them without help.

GSF vendors. Apprantly they are on the cap planets?

I dunno because I cant seem to freaking find them!

Thats because republic players dont understand the concept of objectives. They think they can just go around killing random players and win.

As a proud Republic player, I absolutely HATE that I completely get what you just said. Trying to get these folks to focus fire a marked target (much less a healer) is like trying to herd tigers - it ain't gonna work, and you're just gonna end up getting mauled.

:D

On to the topic at hand, I like the battle areas themselves. But the controls are clunky, and I feel like I'm playing by myself. I honestly cannot see my friends or my foes when I'm fighting in a space battle. I'm shooting at enemies I can't actually see, and I'm getting blown up by people that I don't know are there.

I honestly feel more connected to the Star Wars universe in space PvE than I do in Galactic Starfighter.

I have played about 5-6 games so far, won half and lost half 2 of the 3 losses were like 1000-950 or so. The fact that almost everyone has started at the same time, and the playing field is somewhat level (I say somewhat because I can see tons of people who have already unlocked 5 ships XD ) has caused a very fun experience with GSF. I am concerned that once the "new content charm" goes, how many people will keep playing it, but I'm seriously loving every second I spend in it.

Some will hate it, some will love it. I find it enjoyable.

Primary reasons that I like it

1. Its free and practically a game in itself which I would've otherwise paid $40-50 for

2. Star Wars Starfighter combat

3. It provides an alternative to the ground combat which can get dull after a while. I really like having more variation in activity types.

What I hate?

Turn fights. Its really really easy to get stuck in them without help.

This is a big problem. TTK is way too long when you get into a turn-fight. Ive stopped trying to do them; if I need more than 2-3 passes I will just boost away and go after another target/lure my opponent into a position where I have the advantage for a head-on barrage

Love it.

It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's certainly a wonderful addition to the game, made even more so by the fact that it's a game unto itself. It's also free. I can live with it being free.

The mouse sensitivity issue is something that needs taking care of, but by and large I'm quite happy with the way things currently are, so long as they don't rest on their laurels. I already know that two maps aren't going to cut it.

Right now i suck so i hate it, but i want to love it, so i keep trying like a masochist.

this^^^ Is the reason why a lot of people do not like it. Because they are not good at it. Look at what people are saying- "its boring. Waste of time" "i hate the controls" .... They think its boring and the controls suck because they arent good at it. Im not the best pilot but i still had fun blasting away... Some people even hate it because it isnt p2w. They cant buy upgrades with cartel coins thats why. tell me im wrong :rak_03:

And "Turn fights" is not an issue. It may be seen as an issue by the players point of view because they don't know how to break if and use strategy to defeat their opponent. there is nothing that the Devs can do to fix your 1v1 fights. Its all uo to you.

Edited by Rotaruc

I love everything about it except the controls.

They're just not good: cumbersome, counter-intuitive, what ever other words have been thrown out there to describe them. I've spent hours mucking about in the tutorial just flying around trying to get better. It's helped, but they're just so clunky that it only goes so far. And this coming from someone who's played just about every space/flight arcade style fighter ever made--far and away my favorite genre of videogame. I'd rank the controls a C-.

The matches themselves, the style, presentation, the depth of the customization I'd all give a solid A.

Edited by Alphasgimaone