Trying to Find Certain Music Tracks

Darth_Advent

Since I'm sure it comes to no surprise that the official TOR soundtrack is anything but complete, does anybody know of a place that has a more complete rip of the game's music files? Specifically I'm having trouble finding the TOR version of the Hymn of the Sith, which is phenomenal, and the synthesizer heavy theme that plays when making Light Side choices sometimes. I've tried listening to that playlist somebody uploaded to YouTube featuring an "unofficial" soundtrack but never heard the pieces for which I'm looking.

I appreciate the help offered to me through PMs but sadly have already investigated most of the suggestions or failed to find anything new through the links I haven't. Looks like I'll have to just learn how to rip them manually.

Incidentally it's traditionally been far too hard to find a good version of the Hymn of the Sith considering what a good piece it is, and it's appalling the amount of so-called Star Wars fans that want to call the Imperial March the "Sith theme." I honestly think the TOR version is one of the better versions of it.

I appreciate the help offered to me through PMs but sadly have already investigated most of the suggestions or failed to find anything new through the links I haven't. Looks like I'll have to just learn how to rip them manually.

Incidentally it's traditionally been far too hard to find a good version of the Hymn of the Sith considering what a good piece it is, and it's appalling the amount of so-called Star Wars fans that want to call the Imperial March the "Sith theme." I honestly think the TOR version is one of the better versions of it.

*sigh* Imperial March is Vader's theme. However, Vader is the only Sith with his own theme. The Emperor never has his own themes and instead used parts of other characters' themes. This is likely why the march has been called the Sith Theme by many, since right now only the movies, TCW and Rebels are Canon, and Vader is still the only Sith with his own theme. Ventress used the Separatists' musical theme which was also the one Dooku used as her mentor, and Savage used that theme tapped into the Night Sister's theme.

No Sith has his/her own theme other than Vader in the canon media. And Vader's is only his because he is a more military leader, and the Imperials use a modified form of that march for them and the Clones back in TCW.

And those so-called fans are called fans. They're not the music buff/music lore buffs you are.

Exit: I wish you luck in your search.

Edited by LyraineAlei

Here are some sound files that are not part of the official soundtrack:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111201

Thanks for that link, I have something new to grab and listen. I'm looking for a very thematic sound heard on Nal Hutta, when you speak to the old man who wants to "fix" the air filters. I forget the specifics of the quest, but once you complete it, there's a very thematic theme that plays, I've been trying to find its name for a while. TY maybe these files will have it. Edited by Falensawino

Here are some sound files that are not part of the official soundtrack:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111201

AWESOME, thanks so much for that link! I still have tapes of my derest games from the 1985' - Bard's Tale, Faery Tale, Phantasie, Xenon - so I guess I'll be able to listen to some of my SWTOR era moments when I'm venerable.... (crossing fingers).

(Speaking of the Bard's Tale, there's an easter egg on nar shaddaa)

So what's the name of the imperial fleet/imperial character creation?

• 1 month later...