Dreadtooth 5 Stack Kill video

It was a joint effort between Shot First and Carnage Gaming on The Shadowlands server.

Fuzzy got a stream/video recording on it here:

http://www.twitch.tv/fuzzycg/c/1864096

As far as we know it was a world first, but if it isn't we would like to hear otherwise. The strategy is pretty evident in the video, but I'll answer any questions.

The loot was the same as 3+ stacks - 2 dread guard masks and 2 essences - 1 BH piece - also got one BH comm.

It was a joint effort between Shot First and Carnage Gaming on The Shadowlands server.

Fuzzy got a stream/video recording on it here:

http://www.twitch.tv/fuzzycg/c/1864096

As far as we know it was a world first, but if it isn't we would like to hear otherwise. The strategy is pretty evident in the video, but I'll answer any questions.

The loot was the same as 3+ stacks - 2 dread guard masks and 2 essences - 1 BH piece - also got one BH comm.

Well done. We were working on 5 stack prior to the nerf a few weeks after it came out but were only able to get it to just under 20%. We came back once to try it after the nerf and it seemed significantly easier but unfortunately getting anything done on our server is difficult due to zone lag and it being an open PVP server (basically if we can't kill it on the pull we get swarmed by world pvp).

Based on the loot, I don't think we'll be revisiting this :p. But again, well done!

Edited by DarkhorseForLife

grats on the kill...now do it with DT at 10 stacks to see if that amulet drops:P

I think we will do 7 stacks and honestly might try up to 10 if it isn't significantly harder. We were ahead of enrage by about a full minute on our kill and that was with 2 deaths and a DC.

oh you should totally be able to 10 stack then...it seems the hp increase from 5-6 stacks is only like 130k and slightly more for 7 stacks...you should be able to squeeze that out easy. I wish I had enough folks in guild to try this out.

at about the 3 minute mark you call for a full dps stop during some aoe damage which coincidentally stops the aoe damage for the time being, then you start it back up once people are healed up. Can you explain whats going on there?

-edit I'm sorry if I just answered my own questions, but I'd like just some clarity on the mechanic.

Edited by KlownKiller

at about the 3 minute mark you call for a full dps stop during some aoe damage which coincidentally stops the aoe damage for the time being, then you start it back up once people are healed up. Can you explain whats going on there?.

After the 50% mark when ever dreadtooth does his scream he also buffs himself with a shield. Any dmg done to him while the shield is up will kill you so you must stop dps until the shield drops off

Edited by Doubledeath

at about the 3 minute mark you call for a full dps stop during some aoe damage which coincidentally stops the aoe damage for the time being, then you start it back up once people are healed up. Can you explain whats going on there?

-edit I'm sorry if I just answered my own questions, but I'd like just some clarity on the mechanic.

We call for DPS to stop because after Dreadtooth casts Shriek he gets a buff that reflects damage back to the player, similar to NiM Pilgrim's Enraged Gore, except that EVERYONE will have damage reflected. Hopefully that answers your question. If you are going to attempt this boss, keep in mind that immediately after the buff wears off he will debuff multiple players with the cleansable DoT, along with multiple reticles.

Edited by XxLegendaryxX

First of all congratz..

i noticed you received the codex entry: Dreadtooth (frenzied).

I have only done Dreadtooth on 1 and 2 stacks and just received a normal Dreadtooth codex entry.

At which stacks do you get the other codex entries?

Could it be:

1 stack => normal

3 stacks => corrupted

5 stacks => frenzied

7 stacks => nightmarish

Got the codex entries from torhead.com but it doesn't say how to get them.

First of all congratz..

i noticed you received the codex entry: Dreadtooth (frenzied).

I have only done Dreadtooth on 1 and 2 stacks and just received a normal Dreadtooth codex entry.

At which stacks do you get the other codex entries?

Could it be:

1 stack => normal

3 stacks => corrupted

5 stacks => frenzied

7 stacks => nightmarish

Got the codex entries from torhead.com but it doesn't say how to get them.

I can confirm on the 1, 3 , and 5 stacks as I now have them all. I'll let you know on the 7 stack if/when we do it ;p

How many Healers and Tanks did you have?

Did wearing the mask affect anything whatsoever at 5 stacks?

Thanks

3 tanks though I think one was in DPS stance (and in any case only 2 are needed)

I believe that is 8 healers (with a few people doing their offspec). I think it was 6 sages (not sure on one) and 2 scoundrels.

Mask did nothing.

Awesome congrats. Thanks for posts.

We tried him at 5 stacks this week with a 24 man OP. The Harbinger server.

(time and day intentionally undisclosed ) lol

Thanks again to everyone who showed up participated.

2 tanks then we added a backup tank.

Not enough healers I think. we only brought like 4 max.

Need to cleanse more I think? Is this true and how do you deal with it?

Got him down into the 60's a couple times , We couldn't break 50% to see the reflective shield buff. 'Shriek" ? (yet) grrr

Once we'd loose a tank it was game over pretty quick. :eek:

We tried using smuggler shields also the big one for the raid and hide healers behind individual smugglers.

It seemed to help, not sure.

With all the DPS we burned him down pretty fast., but now need to figure out how to stay alive. lol

Epic looking attempt though, learned quite a bit for first try at 5 stacks. :) (didnt know he could go above 5 stacks)

May make some adjustments more research and try again.

Oh yeh other issue to consider is video lag with 24 players etc lower vid settings definetly helped some people.

Key binds vs mouse click helps probably.

Also we had tanks in masks and a few others but agree it didnt seem to help?

Never saw "Dread Touch" attack or buff but thats uncertain. Has anyone seen it? Will check log maybe.

Anyone think it helps?

Maybe next time I'll rip and move my 63 pieces over to the mask for this fight, just in case

Bummer theres no extra dread drops or something. :(

Edited by DelphinHunter

Awesome congrats. Thanks for posts.

We tried him at 5 stacks this week with a 24 man OP. The Harbinger server.

(time and day intentionally undisclosed ) lol

Thanks again to everyone who showed up participated.

2 tanks then we added a backup tank.

Not enough healers I think. we only brought like 4 max.

Need to cleanse more I think? Is this true and how do you deal with it?

Got him down into the 60's a couple times , We couldn't break 50% to see the reflective shield buff. 'Shriek" ? (yet) grrr

Once we'd loose a tank it was game over pretty quick. :eek:

We tried using smuggler shields also the big one for the raid and hide healers behind individual smugglers.

It seemed to help, not sure.

With all the DPS we burned him down pretty fast., but now need to figure out how to stay alive. lol

Epic looking attempt though, learned quite a bit for first try at 5 stacks. :) (didnt know he could go above 5 stacks)

May make some adjustments more research and try again.

Oh yeh other issue to consider is video lag with 24 players etc lower vid settings definetly helped some people.

Key binds vs mouse click helps probably.

Also we had tanks in masks and a few others but agree it didnt seem to help?

Never saw "Dread Touch" attack or buff but thats uncertain. Has anyone seen it? Will check log maybe.

Anyone think it helps?

Maybe next time I'll rip and move my 63 pieces over to the mask for this fight, just in case

Bummer theres no extra dread drops or something. :(

Thanks.

I truly am not trying to be mean here, but not getting to the 50% phase is a ways off - it is pretty much a walk in the park up until that point. I agree with your assessment, it is probably due to the lack of heals (Even so, I think you ought to be able to hit 50% with just 4). I'd say that your healers were probably losing focus on tank - it may be due to not cleansing fast enough. Like on just about any fight, it would probably be helpful if you assigned a healer or two to stay on the tank at all times. Also there is a swap mechanic that will kill people if not done correctly.

As far as I can tell, this fight was designed for 24 DG geared players (we may have been able to win without 2 dps, but it would have been close on enrage). I would not advise bringing PUGs into this fight.

As for some other things you mentioned --

Yes, reducing lag will help, of course - there can be a lot of stuff going on with 24 people :)

Key binds vs mouse click is a whole other argument - it comes down to preference, I think a good click player can be as good as if not better than a good keybind player ... it's really just personal skill.

Again, mask does nothing at 5 stacks (we may try 7 stacks very soon and will let everyone know).

No one thinks it helps but we do have our tanks wearing them anyways.

:csw_yoda:

No offense taken. It was my first attempt at 5 stacks and pulling together a 24 man OP.

I cant wait to hear more from your adventures. Im hoping theres some nice reward at higher stacks.

Some great feedback. Thanks. Its hard for us to get 24 people in full dread gear. All of our core 16 were full dread or mostly dread lvl. We then asked our friends to ask thier friends they knew that were geared. I figured we would need a full 24. It was an awesome group for 1st try. But its like hearding cats sometimes. lol

A previous group was tryinig it with 16 man. Maybe not a good idea. If we do it again I'll report back.

Whats the key to the tank swaps if I may ask? :)

Edited by DelphinHunter

:csw_yoda:

No offense taken. It was my first attempt at 5 stacks and pulling together a 24 man OP.

I cant wait to hear more from your adventures. Im hoping theres some nice reward at higher stacks.

Some great feedback. Thanks. Its hard for us to get 24 people in full dread gear. All of our core 16 were full dread or mostly dread lvl. We then asked our friends to ask thier friends they knew that were geared. I figured we would need a full 24. It was an awesome group for 1st try. But its like hearding cats sometimes. lol

A previous group was tryinig it with 16 man. Maybe not a good idea. If we do it again I'll report back.

Whats the key to the tank swaps if I may ask? :)

Just need a tank to taunt at the end of sonic paralysis for the tank swap. Shadow can resilience through it or you can use your stun break to taunt - however there is also an exhaustion debuff that doubles damage to tank - so it is best to just go with the tank swap.

And yeah - this fight definitely needs 22-24, 16 won't get it done.

Like Nibbon said the you can use your get outta stun abilities to avoid the sonic paralysis. Roughly 2-5 seconds after the sonic paralysis he'll put the exhaustion debuff on the current tank. So have your other tank stand to the side and taunt off as soon as he gets the debuff.

After the 50% mark it can come right after a shriek so you just need to be on your toes at that point.

PS: Just don't do like fuzzy at die at the very last reticle.... noob