Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscription is confusing

Carteeeer
01.26.2020 , 02:04 AM | #1
Hi, so I bought the standard version of this game through origin, then my friend showed me that online it says that the price is monthly, I'm 100% not paying monthly for a 2011 game lol, when I stop paying will I revert to a free to play player?

SteveTheCynic
01.26.2020 , 03:13 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Carteeeer View Post
Hi, so I bought the standard version of this game through origin, then my friend showed me that online it says that the price is monthly, I'm 100% not paying monthly for a 2011 game lol, when I stop paying will I revert to a free to play player?
No. You will revert to what's called "Preferred", which has less onerous restrictions. Pay or not as it suits you, of course, but be aware that:
* Once you stop paying and the time you've already paid for runs out, you won't be able to post here, nor use the in-game Customer Service ticket system.
* https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-...-to-play-faqs/ describes the most visible restrictions.
* There's a pile of other things not listed there, such as:
** Unlocks required to hide your helmet, show titles, use companion Customizations, etc. (Cosmetic options)
** Slower basic XP gain after level 20
** Very slow Renown XP gain
** Limits on crew skills (1 per character on F2P, 2 per character on Preferred, 3 per character on premium)
** Locked out of new content that is released after your subscription status ends
** Caps on credits held per character
** Limits and restrictions on Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones etc. per week.
* Lots and lots of people pay monthly (or in larger blocks) for older games than SWTOR, notably WoW.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JediQuaker
01.26.2020 , 09:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Carteeeer View Post
I'm 100% not paying monthly for a 2011 game lol,
They asked me to pay for online access to NBA games, but I said "I'm not paying monthly for an 1891 game, lol" 🤔
😂
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

turbomagnus
01.26.2020 , 10:10 AM | #4
And technically, you're not 'Paying Monthly'. The subscription cost is calculated monthly, but you pay according to your chosen subscription.

For a thirty day, recurring subscription (recurring meaning they automatically take the funds out of your bank account), it's $15 every thirty days.

For a ninety day recurring subscription, it's $42 every three months.

For a 160 day recurring subscription, it's $78 every six months.

And then there's the option I use, slightly more expensive, but more controllable since it's not automatic, and that's a sixty day non-recurring subscription every two months for thirty dollars.

Considering that all it takes is to set aside five dollars a week and you can basically cover whatever subscription you want, it's not a bad deal. Like those commercials say, it's less than a dollar a day. But, ultimately, it's your choice...