Star Wars False Advertise Early Access

Choppermac

Star wars has falsely advertised 5 days early access which they charged people for. It is now 8:00 pm and I have recieved nothing from the Star Wars team not even a conformation that they have recieved any complaints from me. I would love an explaination as to what exactly I was charged for because it certainly wasn't what was offered. Customer Support does not exist on the web site.

Star wars has falsely advertised 5 days early access which they charged people for. It is now 8:00 pm and I have recieved nothing from the Star Wars team not even a conformation that they have recieved any complaints from me. I would love an explaination as to what exactly I was charged for because it certainly wasn't what was offered. Customer Support does not exist on the web site.

Here we go again.........

For the 1 Million'th time

It was clearly stated since day one of pre-order that you would get

up to 5 days.

You were not charged for pre-order, you paid a deposit on the game.

Customer Support has people with real problems to deal with.

Edited by RickRedOne

Yes well apparently it read" YOU get 5 days everyone not you will most probably wait in que." because every 10-20 something on these forums thought they were more important than everyone else and should get in 8 days early as a result.

Bud, I'm in the same boat as you. I REALLY want to play, just like many other people. The fact is, like the above poster said, they did say "UP TO" five days. This isn't the usual head start, and that's what's confusing people. The majority of companies allow everyone in at the very beginning. For whatever reason, that's not what they're doing here. It's unfortunate, but there's no false advertisement. They're doing exactly what they said they were going to do.

Hell, technically this is still the first day, if you really think about it. They actually began the head start two days before they initially were going to. You should be grateful they started it early, otherwise you'd be waiting even LONGER. :p

Yes well apparently it read" YOU get 5 days everyone not you will most probably wait in que." because every 10-20 something on these forums thought they were more important than everyone else and should get in 8 days early as a result.

Hey, I find that insulting. I'm in that age range myself. Don't lump me in with these people!:rolleyes:

Edited by FelisNoctu

Just wait and read a book, learn how to spell things i didnt know how to spell. and....do some thing constructive BECAUSE..

I've Been Warned.:cool:

Edited by CheezCG

Already has started to be sorry that has contacted with this fail start... They took money and haven't provided access...:mad::mad:

Your money was for a copy of the software on its official release date. The head start was NOT a promise, it was a privilege. And at that, one that was going to be given to you at their leisure, not something that was guaranteed. I get this problem all the time where I work. The preorder bonus was not part of your purchase, it was a potential perk, gosh dangit!

Already has started to be sorry that has contacted with this fail start... They took money and haven't provided access...:mad::mad:

Could someone translate this? LOL

They are providing access and by the terms you agreed to when you paid they could let you in a 2358 on 12/19/11 and they would be legally in the clear. UP to 5 days means you'll get in early MAYBE 5 days....MAYBE 2hrs... you should read what your buying, caveat emptor is the legal term for this.

Edited by Zwajo

If you want to claim false advertising at least do it for something they obviously did falsely state:

Get ready to play!

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access.

Those steps include applying your game code.

Which, I admit I'm a tard and didn't do until a few days ago, although I pre-ordered on 7/21. Yes I'm dumb for not reading the end of the email, but... they did say....

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access.

Actually, this is accurate; the problem is that 'game code' and 'preorder code' are two different things. You do have to enter your preorder code (which was given to you at the time of preorder) to get into the Early Access queue, but you do not have to enter your game code (which will be in the box, or emailed out by Origin to people who ordered digital editions) for early access to work. So you can play in Early Game Access before your box actually arrives.

(I think confusion over this is why the code that comes with the game seems to be now referred to as a 'product key' instead most places.)

Edited by Packetdancer

all right but man...this is getting annoying...check the mail everyday, come back to work thinking, all right is 15th today i can finally try this game out, and BUM no active subscription.....this is really starting to piss ppl off, and again the way that BW is doing this early access thing is just a big fail, let all ppl inn already what are u afraid off? i belive every server is going to explode on 20th, there is something wrong guys.

and damn me i took tomorrow and monday off work in order to test this thing out...but at this rate im going to start my EARLY access on 19th ffs >/

im so nerdraging.....

If you want to claim false advertising at least do it for something they obviously did falsely state:

Get ready to play!

Which, I admit I'm a tard and didn't do until a few days ago, although I pre-ordered on 7/21. Yes I'm dumb for not reading the end of the email, but... they did say....

I did the same. I assumed Origin wasn't a crappy program and functioned like Steam. I buy a pre-release game, and when it's ready, Origin will unlock it. Not that I have to buy it, and then still enter another to code to "purchase" it.

So my August pre-order turned into a 12/13/11 preorder.

Still, when I pre-ordered, it just said "Early Access", not "Early Access starting exactly on XYZ date for EVERYONE". Early is early.

I did the same. I assumed Origin wasn't a crappy program and functioned like Steam. I buy a pre-release game, and when it's ready, Origin will unlock it. Not that I have to buy it, and then still enter another to code to "purchase" it.

So my August pre-order turned into a 12/13/11 preorder.

Still, when I pre-ordered, it just said "Early Access", not "Early Access starting exactly on XYZ date for EVERYONE". Early is early.

I agree with you 100% and I am in the same boat. Last time I will be pre ordering a game from bioware.

I actually see that what they are doing was brilliant on their part.

They offer early access, spread it over 5 days , allow people to access in waves and show each server as Full, Medium, or Light (according to that days distribution).

All of this is designed to load level the servers and avoid the very real threat of stability issues on "Opening Day" like so many other games has suffered.

Thus allowing people to join, go through beginning zones and be advanced on before the next days group enters the zone and strains it out as opposed to overloading the zone and having all users crowding in and trying to level through when all of the NPCs are all dead and not spawning fast enough.

All of this combined shows me that if this was truly thought out in this manner, the planners are pretty smart and think outside the box which will be to our benefit in the long run.

:cool:

I agree with you 100% and I am in the same boat. Last time I will be pre ordering a game from bioware.

Which is rediculous, because this is their first MMO. Preordering a brand new MMO almost always has some problem attached to it. Don't lump all of Bioware into EA's mistake, EA's just trying to hop on the ActiBlizzard bandwagon. :p

Of course I tried to email CS to see if my "purchase date" could be re-aligned to the day I spent my $60, but I've yet to get a response.

No biggie I guess, I raid in Warcraft Tues-Thurs, so I couldn't find any time for it anyway. Weekends are weekends for a reason :cool:

all right but man...this is getting annoying...check the mail everyday, come back to work thinking, all right is 15th today i can finally try this game out, and BUM no active subscription.....this is really starting to piss ppl off, and again the way that BW is doing this early access thing is just a big fail, let all ppl inn already what are u afraid off? i belive every server is going to explode on 20th, there is something wrong guys.

and damn me i took tomorrow and monday off work in order to test this thing out...but at this rate im going to start my EARLY access on 19th ffs >/

im so nerdraging.....

Ok good news is last wave had folks with preorders as late as 12/4 so you may get in today on last wave.

They offer early access, spread it over 5 days , allow people to access in waves and show each server as Full, Medium, or Light (according to that days distribution).

All of this is designed to load level the servers and avoid the very real threat of stability issues on "Opening Day" like so many other games has suffered.

Thus allowing people to join, go through beginning zones and be advanced on before the next days group enters the zone and strains it out as opposed to overloading the zone and having all users crowding in and trying to level through when all of the NPCs are all dead and not spawning fast enough.

All of this combined shows me that if this was truly thought out in this manner, the planners are pretty smart and think outside the box which will be to our benefit in the long run.

:cool:

I 100% believe they have this planned out very well actually, it's a good system. But the billing side is what could of used some work. None of this is Bioware's fault, pretty certain EA handles Origin and all the code hogwash.

Actually, this is accurate; the problem is that 'game code' and 'preorder code' are two different things. You do have to enter your preorder code (which was given to you at the time of preorder) to get into the Early Access queue, but you do not have to enter your game code (which will be in the box, or emailed out by Origin to people who ordered digital editions) for early access to work. So you can play in Early Game Access before your box actually arrives.

(I think confusion over this is why the code that comes with the game seems to be now referred to as a 'product key' instead most places.)

well either way no code had to be applied, according to their statement if you pre-ordered, bah humbug

not to be annoying but on the front page it does say 'Pre-order Star Wars The Old Republic and Play before 12.20.2011 and that does indicate that you WILL be able to play early if you Pre-order the game only.

If they do not honor one day early then yes it CAN be classed as false advertising.

not to be annoying but on the front page it does say 'Pre-order Star Wars The Old Republic and Play before 12.20.2011 and that does indicate that you WILL be able to play early if you Pre-order the game only.

If they do not honor one day early then yes it CAN be classed as false advertising.

oh the original poster is wrong, i updated it with what was really false, i'm of course right

Dont get me wrong i do not mind waiting at all, but bioware do have to honor what they are saying is all im saying.

I'am sure we will all get our invites as i have seen that the invites are not really based on what month you pre-order anymore as a person from December 11th has got int but some people from October have not.

>The servers are already collapsing under the weight of players and we don't even have all the preorders online yet. Launch day is gonna be chaos, this is just the law of MMOs. It doesn't matter how many or powerful the servers are it won't be enough for launch.

>this isn't to do with starting zone congestion, if there are too many people around the server creates a new instance of that zone

>bioware completely and utterly failed to factor in the bad blood and annoyance that gated schemes cause. It could be the fairest system on the planet and people are still going to dislike it if it does not benefit them. This may not seem like a huge issue 'baw a few kids get annoyed QQ some more etc' But also remember that you're trying to get these people to pay a monthly fee. Keeping them sweet is better than keeping them annoyed.

Edited by TheHerrick

They've said on twitter that everyone will get at least a day. So, I wouldn't worry about that.