Conquest

Silenceo

I just remembered something: Sil would you actualy be okay with using the stats from my old Stats Collection thread for ships we have limited data on in Conquest if you consider them balanced?

With using the new variables, most likely.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I think we should make the X-83 a special case and put its price at 200-300 so that it actually becomes expensive enough to be a fair trade of for its power.

Also Schematics should be reworked to also take into consideration the quality of a space ship, not only its class. Otherwise someone would be able to build X-83 or TIE Defenders with Schematics rank 2.

Hey Sil I have a question for you how happy would you be and how much would you love Star wars Rebels if they introduce Jerec into the Show as a inquisitor. He is exactly the same as he was in the EU .How excited would you be?

Entirely depends on how they execute it. That said, considering the time line, wouldn't be surprised if the previous Grand Inquisitor was thus not due to power, but rather that he could route out Jedi very well. If that is the case, might be hope... Otherwise, they REALLY didn't need to make him that...

As for the prompt, WIP.

I think we should also look again at the space ship missile weapons. The main thing that annoys me are the range costs, because most missiles will start of with different ranges. For example diamond baron and assault concussion missile launchers already are long range missiles and it doesnt make any sense to pay their price x30 to get something that they should already have from the start.

Instead I suggest that we put the missilles into different range categories and then can increase or reduce their range, making them more or less expensive repectively. What I have in mind:

Short range: these missiles start of as close range and their range can be increased to medium and long range

Flak: 4

Concussion: 8

Cluster: 20

Range penalties:

Medium range: crystal cost x2

Long range: crystal cost x4

Medium: these missiles start of as medium ranged and their range can be both decreased and increased

Proton torpedo: 40

Heavy missile: 100

Baradium: 1000

Range penalties:

Short range: crystal cost x0.5

Long range: crystal cost x2

Long: these missiles would start as long range and their price could be reduced by decreasing their range.

Assault concussion: 600

Diamond baron: 1000

Range penalties;

Medium range: crystal cost x0.5

Short range: crystal cost x0.25

I'm almost ready for 2.0 but I just want to check, when does it start? I've only got my ground forces to do but I thought I'd check just in case.

Sil said this

You have until 2.0 starts. (Aka more than 2 weeks at the earliest)

With the prompt and most things hammered out it might be posted this week.

The starting fleets are based on ship area without applying any penalties right?

AFAIK the penalties are applied Random. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :D That's if you mean the penalties like State of the Art and such anyway....

Edited by PadsterPwns

Thanks J, also I was an idiot before I misread what you had said, both of us were right.

Well I'd better start trying to get my ground units together.

Ok cool am happy to here your character is alright.

You still not done with that I finished that a week ago.:p

Why dont we just use what basic math would suggest for the crystal cost of barrels for weapons? As in:

Single: 1x

Double: 2x

Triple: 3x

Etc.

It used to be exactly that, but changed it up this time around. Crystal costs were much too low before, but now are falling into the projected margin for most ships.