Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

Ashuranrx

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK (Time to Kill) in PvP to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK in PvP the intended design and it is here to stay. I would like to know, that is all.

Would be interesting to note. Bioware hasn't said anything about the 180 they have pulled on the state of pvp. The initial game was always slower paced, more tactical. Now, it is zergfest after zergfest.

I would like a definitive answer as well. If this is PVP, then it will be something I stop doing. If I wanted zerg pvp, I would play any of the other pvp mmos out there.

I would like a definitive answer as well. If this is PVP, then it will be something I stop doing. If I wanted zerg pvp, I would play any of the other pvp mmos out there.

This. Tell us if pvp is working as intended? Tell me so I can determine where my 15 a month goes. We the PLAYERS have a right to know.

Dear Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK (Time to Kill) in PvP to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK in PvP the intended design and it is here to stay. I would like to know, that is all.

Bioware, I hoping you are hearing this, I really do.

The changes made to PvP in patch 1.2 need to be reverted back to prior 1.2 until things get sorted out. Patch 1.2 seems to be upsetting your PvP player base to a point of not paying to play this game anymore. Why would you want that?

/signed

Edited by DarkHelsing

I wish they would move the damage component of expertise and apply it to mitigation. the TTK is a joke. I'd like to know as well as face rolling or being face rolled is no fun.

Yes, can we please get a solid answer. I did like how the game was before with longer drawn out fights. I know it is a balance because before people were complaining about healers being OP and not being able to kill anyone. (That's my exp anyways) But just let us hear something about what you intended for this patch.

Yes, can we please get a solid answer. I did like how the game was before with longer drawn out fights. I know it is a balance because before people were complaining about healers being OP and not being able to kill anyone. (That's my exp anyways) But just let us hear something about what you intended for this patch.

Most of those people are the same guys who like the TTK as it is now. Personaly, I'd suggest they stick to their FPS games. MMO pvp should be about skill, not queuing high dmg abilities.

What ticks me off the most is lack of reply from BioWare. They give automated messages about them responding through the Developer Tracker, and trust me I do, but they rarely post about relevant issues going on. This may sound subjective, but coming from the outcry of players, I think I'm on spot. Also, people are so shocked when changes occur because they aren't kept up with what BW intentions are. We got the wall of text 1.2 changes too late to voice concerns. When people did, they're threads were locked. Again, the lack of 50's in PTS is giving them false positive about balance issues. They need to talk to us though, a free month of this game is not going to keep people around if they;re silent to us about this.

Someone from Bioware, at the very least out of respect for their paying customers, answer this question. If PVP is working as intended, or are their changes in the pipeline, to make PVP fun once more for the majority.

We want to know so we can make an informed decision as to how we spend our leisure time and do we wish to continue funding a game we no longer enjoy.

I have zero interest in the PVE endgame aspects of the game, I am playing for PVP fun and frolics, yes I like to roll lots of alts and enjoy their levelling on some of the planets, but in the main I am here to PVP, hence I would like to know if SWTOR will continue to provide for my style of gameplay or not. I will not be forced to do PVE, aka something I don't enjoy, in order to fund my PVP habit.

This is not a threat to cancel my subscription by the way, merely a statement of intent. Anyone who pays to do something they do not enjoy is a fool and I for one, will not allow a software company to continue to make a fool out of me.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Someone from Bioware, at the very least out of respect for their paying customers, answer this question. If PVP is working as intended, or are their changes in the pipeline, to make PVP fun once more for the majority.

We want to know so we can make an informed decision as to how we spend our leisure time and do we wish to continue funding a game we no longer enjoy.

I have zero interest in the PVE endgame aspects of the game, I am playing for PVP fun and frolics, yes I like to roll lots of alts and enjoy their levelling on some of the planets, but in the main I am here to PVP, hence I would like to know if SWTOR will continue to provide for my style of gameplay or not. I will not be forced to do PVE, aka something I don't enjoy, in order to fund my PVP habit.

Bioware, I hoping you are hearing this, I really do.

The changes made to PvP in patch 1.2 need to be reverted back to prior 1.2 until things get sorted out. Patch 1.2 seems to be upsetting your PvP player base to a point of not paying to play this game anymore. Why would you want that?

/signed

I've been watching the dev forums since 1.2 came out to see if there is a response. Lets hear it Bioware. It doesn't even have to be the response we all want to hear.

Many games and changes are successful not because the devs bend to the will of the players but because they are more responsive. The silent majority may not be posting qq threads or woot this is awesome threads, but they are watching and waiting.

I can't count the number of times I've read "working as intended" and not liked it, but it satisfied me because I at least understood what to expect.

Edited by khaoimon

They are not giving out an answer because they are scared what it will do to their subscription. I have already cancelled my subscription because most of the PvP changes in 1.2 was terrible. However, the lowered TTK is the main cause of all the imbalances in the game. It reward burst damage too much and rendered healing and sustained damage pointless. I had a Full BM Sorc Pre 1.2 and I was still getting burst down by Marauders in a few global's, but I was fine with that because they were my counter class.

Now that the TTK is so low, Sorc are practically useless. Healing is pointless, sustain damage is pointless, and we are the most fragile class in game. I have barely touched my Sorc since 1.2. I just play on my ridiculously OP marauder. I don't even need to play smart anymore, actually its more like I can't even if I want to... I just go in and do my burst rotation and pray my team have more burst damage.

The fastest way to save the PvP is to undo all the PvP changes in 1.2.

Edited by Vinxius

I've been watching the dev forums since 1.2 came out to see if there is a response. Lets hear it Bioware. It doesn't even have to be the response we all want to hear.

Many games and changes are successful not because the devs bend to the will of the players but because they are more responsive. The silent majority may not be posting qq threads or woot this is awesome threads, but they are watching and waiting.

I can't count the number of times I've read "working as intended" and not liked it, but it satisfied me because I at least understood what to expect.

Thats the thing. If they indeed thought the game is where its supposed to be, man up and say it. People will QQ, they always QQ. But in the end it'd give people a chance to really know if they want to be a part of this game or not.

I know you don't wanna lose subs, but you will regardless by not saying anything.

Thats the thing. If they indeed thought the game is where its supposed to be, man up and say it. People will QQ, they always QQ. But in the end it'd give people a chance to really know if they want to be a part of this game or not.

I know you don't wanna lose subs, but you will regardless by not saying anything.

I do believe that Bioware's continued silence throughout many threads is quite damning and a passive admission of their intent. I think I have a small amount of hope hidden at the back on my brain telling me otherwise, but i tend to think that it's simply misplaced.

For the current 1.2 TTK I enjoy the faster paced kills/deaths as a 50 sage healer if people want heals they have to attack/cc the people focusing me. That being said I have 2-3 people on me its gg like it should be and 1v1 is skill based. I feel that in 1.2 it requires dps to have an actual role in pvp then mindlessly killing.

For the current 1.2 TTK I enjoy the faster paced kills/deaths as a 50 sage healer if people want heals they have to attack/cc the people focusing me. That being said I have 2-3 people on me its gg like it should be and 1v1 is skill based. I feel that in 1.2 it requires dps to have an actual role in pvp then mindlessly killing.

It was pre-1.2 too. FYI BIoware said they wanted to slow the TTK down, when they sped it up. Skilled teams don't have to focus targets down decisively. They just call a name out, and it goes down. Think about it. How many times do you see a target icon on select characters. NEVER! Its not needed. !Things die so fast its just zerg and no strategy.

In 1.2 they've allowed every player to mark people and I'm not sure why you don't but if I'm facing a good group and in a premade I most definately mark targets especially bursty dps. Now.. if BW stated they want to slow the TTK they need to listen to the guy who said expertise needs to be baselined and give a major overhaul to the resolve system.

They have painted themselves into a corner with the current game. It is all balanced around their "tight" enrage timers for raiding now. Nothing else in the game matters. They cannot nerf dps nor buff healing with the current state of raiding. This is what you get when you design to dumb things down. DPS does x healing does y and it only matters what it looks like on a spread sheet.