Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.1.2 PvP bag changes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ukita
02.02.2012 , 01:32 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Turalion View Post
Do away with Centurian altogether!!! At this stage it's useless to us.
Or make it easier to get for newly christened 50's... You know how many Centurion geared 50's I see running around? None, because you buy your companions gear with the Centurion commendations with how easy it is to get Champion gear.

VictimOfMyRage
02.02.2012 , 01:32 AM | #42
Battlemaster gear is a *********** joke anyway, IN MOST CASES ITS A *********** DOWNGRADE to champion, due random secondary stats, i really doubt those guys did put any thought into it..........

BM feels like t2.1 at best.

but yea sure gimme more champ ****, i alrdy got both sets for my main and also both *********** sets for my pet , i need more. really do.

Zertok
02.02.2012 , 01:35 AM | #43
Wow the bags are already aweful at giving you a random item, I am at the 20+ bags with nothing in them and they want to make it even less.... no comment!
.:.Trooper Commando.:.
.:.Jedi Shadow.:.

AetherMcLoud
02.02.2012 , 01:40 AM | #44
WORST. CHANGE. EVER.

Centurion gear is crap, pve items are usually better because of the stats. Champion is where it starts, and now Bioware is saying:

If you already have full champion/bm gear, good for your powerlevel/exploiter!
If you don't have champion/bm gear, tough luck, it will only get harder to obtain in the next patch.

So early powerlevelers/exploiters - or simply all those who had the chance to play at level 50 before the brackets and therefore farm lowbies for champion gear - can have their easily obtained champion/bm gear and all the others, regular players and latecomers now have to GRIND SO MUCH HARDER AND LONGER for the same gear?

Bullshlt!
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Illuziun
02.02.2012 , 01:48 AM | #45
The way I see it is that the purpose of the bags is for tokens, with the bonus chance of getting a loot token. I'm not a huge fan of the completely random chances of a bonus item, but then again it's a bonus item after all.

I'll support anything to keep the progression pace slow. If I was fully geared by now, I would have quit the game already.
We don't have end game in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of developers are, well... idiots.

Mega_flare
02.02.2012 , 01:51 AM | #46
So, now instead of receiving a duplicate item in every 2/10 bags, you'll receive them in every 1/10 bag.

Mind. Blown.

AetherMcLoud
02.02.2012 , 01:55 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Illuziun View Post
The way I see it is that the purpose of the bags is for tokens, with the bonus chance of getting a loot token. I'm not a huge fan of the completely random chances of a bonus item, but then again it's a bonus item after all.

I'll support anything to keep the progression pace slow. If I was fully geared by now, I would have quit the game already.
If they made this change 1 day after the headstart, sure, no problem. But making this change now that a lot of powerlevelers / grinders already have a lot of champion/bm gear? That's ridiculous and makes the gear gap EVEN BIGGER than it is now - and it's already quite huge.

The ONLY change that would be needed right now is reintroduce the blue pvp entry level set.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ReRuined
02.02.2012 , 01:59 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Illuziun View Post

The problem with this is they are going to create a significant gear gap that won't be balanced out for months. This is change that would work within the first few weeks of release, but not nearly 2 months in.
Josh Mars - Valor 62 Gunslinger
Forgotten Mars - Valor xx Sage

Alter-
02.02.2012 , 01:59 AM | #49
Cant wait to get more item duplicates once every millionth bag now.

That sure makes me a happy man, i would have been okay with it had they changed the specific item tokens to champion commendations so we can get whatever item we want at least.

Fallensbane
02.02.2012 , 02:07 AM | #50
BioWare: To all you still trying to gear up ::Kick to the Groin::
Discord - Assassin - Canderous Ordo - Machination (Pit Crew)

"...I remember working every victim with acute precision... I remember every time I hold you, My warm companion... I remember, I dismember!"