Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Seriously? Dxun doesn't have a guaranteed loot drop?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seriously? Dxun doesn't have a guaranteed loot drop?

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
11.22.2019 , 11:25 AM | #1
Words can literally not express how I felt after discovering that, even after 3 hours and numerous wipes, DXUN DOESN'T EVEN HAVE a guaranteed set bonus piece or tactical drop at the end!!?!?!!?!!

The first time we ran it a few weeks ago, it did drop a set piece, mind you. But this week... nothing. Just regular gear drops I can get anywhere. So... you're telling me... I would've been better off with 12-15 Hammer Station MM runs (shoot me now) in the same amount of time invested vs. a 1/8 chance of a single set bonus piece that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GUARANTEED CHANCE OF APPEARING?

Just... wow.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
11.22.2019 , 01:54 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
Words can literally not express how I felt after discovering that, even after 3 hours and numerous wipes, DXUN DOESN'T EVEN HAVE a guaranteed set bonus piece or tactical drop at the end!!?!?!!?!!

The first time we ran it a few weeks ago, it did drop a set piece, mind you. But this week... nothing. Just regular gear drops I can get anywhere. So... you're telling me... I would've been better off with 12-15 Hammer Station MM runs (shoot me now) in the same amount of time invested vs. a 1/8 chance of a single set bonus piece that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GUARANTEED CHANCE OF APPEARING?

Just... wow.
Yup, it sucks
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Hawkebatt's Avatar


Hawkebatt
11.22.2019 , 11:28 PM | #3
The only thing worth doing time wise if you want gear and a drop is to do RR or HS on MM over and over again as the chances in those Flashpoints are higher over the time spent then in any other content. Uprising really only have 1 boss so one set of drops maybe two, but RR and HS both have 3 and are easy to get to. Ilum is about as fast if you know how to skip mob sets or are with all stealthers. Tarel V is about the same speed as Ilum but the bosses can challenge a bit more.

Other than those the game has been reduced to just those. Some people have been running just story modes as they can melt anything in those FPs but no chance to get tact or set piece. This game has so little to offer and they have attacked all forms of play. PVP gives you nothing Renown barely gives you something. Loot is only worth one twentieth of what it used to. Lose of possible income from selling on the GTN gear and the nerf to 1/10th of the credits from vendoring them or the lowered credit loot from mobs.

All FPs, URs, Ops should be changed to level 75 and OSSUS, Dantooine, and the chapters should be raised to level 75 as well as they just don't work anymore or are way above the intended difficulty level.

The only good this this expac has made easy is getting to max gear level. Sure it is not perfect stat wise, but you can get there in a few dedicate (Read mind numbing repeats of RR and HS) hours. Everything else is broken. I leave a group with more than half the random flashpoints cause I know they either cant heal it or they cant tank it. Most likely we cant survive even if they can.

Not uping these areas have broken more things and will take more time to adjust then just up grading the areas to 75 would have taken.

Better to take level sync completely out of the game and reset everything to the intended level they started with. You would have the intended result in things being worthless to play, but at least interesting in how many adds can you really collect in a Flashpoint or operation and still survive. I used o collect groups and let them beat on me for a few minutes just to see if they could whittle me down.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.23.2019 , 01:10 AM | #4
Personally I haven't done Dxun yet but once I get around to it, I'll do it a couple of times and that's that probably. If it's really fun then maybe a few more times. Loot in operations is a general overall problem. There is no more gear progression in raiding in SWTOR since 5.0 and that makes it kinda pointless to do in general.

Yes people say why don't you just do it for fun but wiping in NiM with the repair bills you get with it for achievements you already have or the handful that the new ops brings is not a long term thing. And it doesn't feel rewarding either which is part of the equation. It can be fun to go through an ops and beat it but once you've beaten all the bosses that purpose is gone.

That's why everybody's running vet FPs mostly I guess. Quick and the best return on your time/effort for both gearing and conquest. That's the current endgame it seems.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Benirons's Avatar


Benirons
11.23.2019 , 07:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
The only thing worth doing time wise if you want gear and a drop is to do RR or HS on MM over and over again
I dont mean to be rude, but u r horribly wrong. Just sheep following the one sheep that is leading. U wanna be doing random MMs every time. The extra 2 crates r a lot. And seriously, this constant hammer pop is getting mind-numbing by now.

Back on topic: i already made a bug report about it, probably going to get ignored. Im not sure what difficulty OP is talking about, but i think on SM last boss does drop one set piece/tactical. On HM too (cant remember, only killed it once so far) and the rest of the bosses on HM basically never do from what i can tell, which is a huge problem. Should be guaranteed drop like in Nims, cause it is current raid.

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
11.23.2019 , 10:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
I dont mean to be rude, but u r horribly wrong. Just sheep following the one sheep that is leading. U wanna be doing random MMs every time. The extra 2 crates r a lot. And seriously, this constant hammer pop is getting mind-numbing by now.

Back on topic: i already made a bug report about it, probably going to get ignored. Im not sure what difficulty OP is talking about, but i think on SM last boss does drop one set piece/tactical. On HM too (cant remember, only killed it once so far) and the rest of the bosses on HM basically never do from what i can tell, which is a huge problem. Should be guaranteed drop like in Nims, cause it is current raid.
Nope. SM last boss is not guaranteed to drop any tactical or set piece.

It may happen from time to time, but not on all of the runs I have been on.

Many group members also relayed that they had the same experience on VM as well (last boss not always dropping).

I am speaking of 8 man as well, not sure if you have been running on 16 man, which may increase the drop chance of a single item.


P.S. - I wish your advice on MM FPs were true (I am so sick of HS I could throw up) but unfortunately it's not.

If you're talking about getting tech fragments and random 302-206 gear, then yes, I agree those random group finder missions are valuable. But if you're talking about getting set bonus pieces and tacticals (what this thread is about), then the random missions are a poor use of time, sadly.

Don't get me wrong, I always queue random anyway, because I despise HS, but Hammer is what provides the best time investment/reward, unfortunately.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

nyrkverse's Avatar


nyrkverse
11.23.2019 , 11:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post

P.S. - I wish your advice on MM FPs were true (I am so sick of HS I could throw up) but unfortunately it's not.

If you're talking about getting tech fragments and random 302-206 gear, then yes, I agree those random group finder missions are valuable. But if you're talking about getting set bonus pieces and tacticals (what this thread is about), then the random missions are a poor use of time, sadly.

Don't get me wrong, I always queue random anyway, because I despise HS, but Hammer is what provides the best time investment/reward, unfortunately.
the point is that you don't rely on random drops for set bonus pieces and tacticals. you buy those at the vendor. the goal from content is tech fragments, so anything that increases those is good. that is the best way to gear quickly and rng frustrations free.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Void_Singer's Avatar


Void_Singer
11.23.2019 , 03:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
the point is that you don't rely on random drops for set bonus pieces and tacticals. you buy those at the vendor. [...].
only useful if your set is available there

TBH all Operations Boss loot is a bit crap right now... I've gotten more and better running FP's, much easier and faster too.... doesn't matter if it's grouped or solo, static or random. For Time invested I'd estimate that I get twice the loot from FP's, for half the effort... and that's being conservative.

as for whether it's better to queue random FP's or not? I walk in solo if it's not prime time, and queue random during prime time (because there's almost always someone that has limits set to fast FP's)... no point chancing broken/unbalanced content

Also, Queue De-Rarndomization Tricks are mostly working if you have a preformed group... TBH if you have a preformed group you shouldn't be punished for picking a specific OP/FP, but it wouldn't be SWTOR apparently if you weren't made to jump through stupid hoops.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

MK-ULTRA's Avatar


MK-ULTRA
11.23.2019 , 03:53 PM | #9
i KILLED a world boss and got a level 27 armor piece
You spelled tyranny wrong.

Gorrdan's Avatar


Gorrdan
11.23.2019 , 03:59 PM | #10
Resubbed after almost a year and this game is a mess. I think i made a mistake. Once done with new content i am disappearing again. Way too much un necessary changes and nerfs.
Referral link for new and returning players. Free goodies for you and me
http://www.swtor.com/r/gMw59d