Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Make Duels Great Again


FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
09.23.2019 , 06:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
It's not that BioWare disagrees with chat bubbles being immersive and actually working. But as they have explained before, the (wholly inappropriate) engine is not suitable for chat bubbles and implementing them would lead to massive fps drops in large groups, just as was the case with public PvP on Ilum und why it had been removed.

For old time's sake:

https://youtu.be/4PTDo9cgk2c
Damn... I heard stories about it but watching it... is terrible.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
09.23.2019 , 08:31 AM | #12
Seriously? Duels in the Cantina? That's like fist fights in the food court of the mall. Who wants to go to the Cantina to relax and watch people kill each other?
The RP'ers would definitely love it. 🙄

You and your foe could easily just go to another ship in the fleet to duel.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
09.23.2019 , 11:51 AM | #13
No thanks to chat bubbles.

A dedicated dueling area somewhere on the fleet that bolsters both players would be pretty awesome though.

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
09.23.2019 , 03:04 PM | #14
When were duels ever great?
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
09.23.2019 , 03:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
When were duels ever great?
Before the removal of pvp gear and the addition of level sync on planets people used to duel all the time in the capital city space ports.

MK-ULTRA's Avatar


MK-ULTRA
09.24.2019 , 05:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post

A dedicated dueling area somewhere on the fleet that bolsters both players would be pretty awesome though.
+1 ounds good to me
You spelled tyranny wrong.

ZIMMOZMAN's Avatar


ZIMMOZMAN
09.24.2019 , 05:55 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Before the removal of pvp gear and the addition of level sync on planets people used to duel all the time in the capital city space ports.
Why bring up pvp gear? Adds nothing to your point and its great that its not a part of modern mmo's anymore.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
09.25.2019 , 06:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZIMMOZMAN View Post
Why bring up pvp gear? Adds nothing to your point and its great that its not a part of modern mmo's anymore.
Because pvp gear was always relatively easy to get? When they removed pvp gear pvpers were forced to pve to get gear. Dueling doesn't bolster you either, so those who just wanted to pvp and don't like pve didn't have raid gear and just didn't bother dueling anymore and the level sync stuff on planets didn't help either. And no, its not great that pvp gear is gone. Removing pvp gear is one of the dumbest things these devs are doing.

As for you saying it adds nothing to my point. Another poster asked when dueling was ever great. I stated a fact. Back before pvp gear was removed dueling was in fact a daily thing among pvpers. When pvp gear was removed, it literally died off as pvpers just left the game.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
09.25.2019 , 10:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Another poster asked when dueling was ever great.
Sadly for your point here, that comment was a sarcastic way of saying, "It wasn't ever great."
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
09.25.2019 , 11:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Sadly for your point here, that comment was a sarcastic way of saying, "It wasn't ever great."
Actually, it wasn't. I would know because I made that post. I don't remember dueling ever to be a big thing. Even during the first months of the game when there were people everywhere. I've never got a duel request. In beta people tried getting dueling going on fleet only to find out you can't duel on fleet. This game doesn't even have an auto decline setting because it's never been a thing. Maybe it was on PvP servers but not on the PvE ones.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.