Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cannot do a roll back because not everyone did just Illum,think about the people that did WZ's do they deserve a rollback?

For the greater good, yes. I've gotten two valor ranks today from warzones alone and I'm more than willing to sacrifice that. Just like any other reasonable adult.

People are letting rumors get way out of hand. No one made it to Valor level 100 in 2 hours today. The turrets didn't give Valor.

A lot of rumors. I saw a lot of videos of Empire camping Republic spawn points. I haven't seen ANY screenshots or proof from the Empire that they were gaining 200/valor a minute or whatnot. None.

If you unsubscribe over rumors like this because of "no rollback" I have a bridge in Arizona you can buy.

A rollback would have hurt EVERYONE. They would have lost A LOT of subscribers for a rollback. Now there are just the people that unsubscribe on a whim because of unsubstantiated rumors.

Servers should have been brought down right away not only did fail to do this you failed the community and your co workers, the player base and worst of all you failed yourselves do the math 100,000 people cancel today 1.5 mil dollars potently lost in one day that could have been fixed in a ten min server shutdown ???? im going to go play with my cat

As someone who didn't race to 50, I am glad this is how it went. All these 50s that are unsubbing will level the field for the rest of us.

I <3 Bioware.

And awesome ^^^ they are going to deal with the actual exploiters on a case by case instead of screwing everyone.

Edited by Kelticfury

Wow, I'm kind of glad I've taken it slow and I'm only level 31 and have no clue what Ilum even is.. you guys seem mad.

Same here. Asked earlier if I should just stay away from the game for a day or two due to possible rollbacks. Don't want my leveling ruined by a gross PVP error.

Un. Farking. Believable.

No rollback?

You pretty much just killed your PvP endgame, Gabe. Hell, you may have just signed TOR's death warrant in refusing to acknowledge the fact that you have rendered Valor grind meaningless.

I'm at a loss for words right now. I had faith in you, BW. I really did.

I don't anymore.

What he said completely. Bye SWTOR. Helm of Graush loses their top healer due to 1.1 if they don't take action which apparently they "might" but who knows.

Edited by RoughRaptors

Shi**y job all the way around, BW. You have unbalanced this game even more than before. Your BS response concerning how this wasn't supposed to happen in the first place (spawn camping) is shallow. You never had the intention to prevent it until the user community blew up in your collective face.

You disgust me. Roll back the valor gains for today.

no rollback and not even an apology that i can accept from u...its been a fun month untill u ruined it for me with the patch. Been busting my *** to get up to the lvl 53 valor i have now. and now people got that in hours.

love starwars but u sure made this suck for me. unsubscribing.

Edited by Zalamax

Get over the roll back. It would screw everyone else who did anything other than troll Ilum.

Valor isn't a huge issue, this might have fast forwarded people by a week but in no way has broken the game.

OHNOES!

We will all have 60+ Valor soon enough.

I would really like to see SOME kind of actual proof that there were massive Valor gains today (something beyond the scope of what was ever intended). Right now all I've seen from players are just words.. claims that may or may not be based on fact, most of which is coming from people that haven't even been in-game today yet.

Seriously, with many of you calling for rollbacks, then there better be some solid proof that it's necessary. Not everyone went to Ilum today and not everyone wants nor deserves to lose a day their in-game progress.

Edited by Apax

No rollbacks, ok. As long as no one has proof that 4 or more valor lvls were earned that's fine. It sucks, but I can live with it. The fact that dev team is saying they intended people to insta-die in the enemy base.... How awful was that oversight. It doesn't make it any better, you should have just said, "Oops we f'd up". If you wanted people insta-dead you would have had cannons do a million damage, you would have had a field that does a million damage- something other than what was put in there. Obviously that wasn't the intended design, or if it 'was' the intention, what about the absolutely awful implementation/oversight of such a design? That portion actually makes me more upset than the other stuff to be honest.

Also, the lack of fixes having to do with warzone exploits is disturbing at best.

Luckily I'm a patient and forgiving person, but once you lose my trust it's gone forever. Unless things get much better, very quickly or at least show that steps are actually being taken to improve things, not just cover up mistakes--- I'm out and won't look back.

That's it? Are you kidding me???

Guys...credits, duped items, this...wth?! At some point you NEED to fix the problems your oversights are causing, not just prevent them from happening AGAIN.

This is seriously a major disappointment.

PLEASE reconsider a rollback or even a flipping reset of "valor". These exploits/shortcuts/unintended mishaps are game breaking for those of us being loyal and patient. You reward the abusers, and ignore the long term damage this is causing.

What about those who did not go to ilum even knowing that is was broken because we did not want to abuse the system. We should be rolled back as well? I should lose the 5-6 valor ranks I got today since the 50s were not able to abuse low levels anymore. If they rollback all of us I bet there will be many many more people unsubbing. I sure as hell will be.