*Spoilers* Supreme Leader Snoke * Spoilers*

DnomiaD

Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Or that's what he wanted you to think, Sidious.

Well played Plagueis, well played.

Kylo Ren - "The Supreme Leader is wise."

Indeed, he is.

All I could see was Supreme Leader Gollum... Yes I know same guy... but I mean they could have worked a little harder to not make him look like Gollum...

Me too. Darth Gollum. However, I liked it anyway.

I won't be surprised if they try to tie Snoke to Plagueis. Though, I thought Darth Plagueis was a member of the muun species, and Snoke is most certainly not that.

What I think...

I think Snoke's hate for Luke Skywalker is tied to all of his scarring. I wouldn't be surprised if Kylo Ren killed off the other students at the behest of Snoke whom wanted to get some form of revenge on Luke for having wounded him in the past.

More realistic is that Snoke's features actually look like the original concept art of the Emperor drawn on the story boards for plan during Return of the Jedi. The emperor was only shown as a head and barely had his face revealed (he had different prosthetics around the eyes in his first appearance vs Return of Jedi). He was original drawn as being tall and very gaunt. Much like what Snoke appears to be.

Time will tell though.

Got that would be epic no? I just get this image in my head of him commenting how is his young apprentice (Sidious) thought he killed him. I want him to say something like:

"My time has come. For decades I prepared, grew stronger. While my apprentice rested in his cradle of power believing his people we safe and protected. He was trusted to lead the Republic but Palpatine was deceived, as my powers of the dark side blinded him. Vader was mine. I forged the instrument of my arrogant apprentice's death. He was deceived and now his republic shall fall."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCi1MzJXfGo

Listen, the similarity is obvious.

What was Palpatine talking in that scene?

Darth Plagueis the Wise.

Ok that music. I would never have noticed till you posted these. Except you can hear it or something very very similar to it during the carbonite dream sequence in KotFE. Especially when talking to Valkorion at one point. I'm thinking I just heard this and remembered this post. I had stopped responding to him just to listen.

Edited by Vyerix

He is...

Vitiate

:D

LOL

Really, the only downside of the movie for me. Totally generic to call someone "Supreme Leader", even Grand Master is a better title, and it's disapointing that one of the best creative crews in the industry along with one of the best directors and screenwriters couldn't come up with something better. By the way, his name reminds me of someone from Harry Potter, that highly annoys me.

And he definitely isn't a Sith, remember when Maz Karata said that she "saw the dark side take many forms" and complete with "The Sith, the empire..." And now the First Order. If he was one probably she would characterize him apropriately.

Supreme Leader Snoke: There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?

That would imply Snoke can sense force.

Also:

Not only that, but he told General Hux to go get Ren and meet him to start Rens final training.

Edited by Wodaz

In the novelization he states he watched the galactic empire rise and fall

so hes been around

That's only about 46 galactic standard years.

I doubt its Plageuis only because that would break the rule of two, and JJ Abrams has said Snoke/Ren are not Sith.

Edited by phalczen

Got that would be epic no? I just get this image in my head of him commenting how is his young apprentice (Sidious) thought he killed him. I want him to say something like:

"My time has come. For decades I prepared, grew stronger. While my apprentice rested in his cradle of power believing his people we safe and protected. He was trusted to lead the Republic but Palpatine was deceived, as my powers of the dark side blinded him. Vader was mine. I forged the instrument of my arrogant apprentice's death. He was deceived and now his republic shall fall."

Give this man a cookie!

i have three theories 1 he is plageuis 2 he is a former sith apprentice who tried to over throw his master..and failed believed dead and came back into his own after the 2 sith lords died on the death star trying to create his own empire not a typical sith but was once a sith. 3 he is just a powerful being strong in the dark side who has been training on his own and is now strong enough to rule. I hope they release a novel filling in the gaps between 6 and 7

i have three theories 1 he is plageuis 2 he is a former sith apprentice who tried to over throw his master..and failed believed dead and came back into his own after the 2 sith lords died on the death star trying to create his own empire not a typical sith but was once a sith. 3 he is just a powerful being strong in the dark side who has been training on his own and is now strong enough to rule. I hope they release a novel filling in the gaps between 6 and 7

Here's a 4th for you.

4: He's a former Inqusitor.

Totally generic to call someone "Supreme Leader", even Grand Master is a better title, and it's disapointing that one of the best creative crews in the industry along with one of the best directors and screenwriters couldn't come up with something better.

They choose the title "supreme leader" for a VERY VERY specific reason though.

The German word for leader is Fuherer, Itlian for "the leader" is il Duce.

SW has always heavily implied the empire was facists etc. and TFA is basicly throwing away ANY subtly.

compare and contrast

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/New-First-Order-shot-from-TFA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NG6yedF.jpg

Edited by BrianDavion

They choose the title "supreme leader" for a VERY VERY specific reason though.

The German word for leader is Fuherer, Itlian for "the leader" is il Duce.

SW has always heavily implied the empire was facists etc. and TFA is basicly throwing away ANY subtly.

compare and contrast

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/New-First-Order-shot-from-TFA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NG6yedF.jpg

Makes sense, but it's still generic though.

Umm,

The storm troopers straight up do a modified Sieg heil at one point.

Also, Darth Gollum...I mean Das Fuehrer Snoke, is the Head of the Knights of Ren. As such we have no idea who they are, they use the Darkside, but seem to nurture Lightside as well. Also the implications are their order is ancient and hidden.

Umm,

The storm troopers straight up do a modified Sieg heil at one point.

Also, Darth Gollum...I mean Das Fuehrer Snoke, is the Head of the Knights of Ren. As such we have no idea who they are, they use the Darkside, but seem to nurture Lightside as well. Also the implications are their order is ancient and hidden.

are we sure Snoke is thier leader?