Heroic space, no elite comms?!

Stated in the, soon to be, 2.0.1 patch notes!!

Heroic Space Combat missions no longer reward Elite Commendations.

Increased the number of Basic Commendations rewarded by Heroic Space Combat missions.

Why this change? The missions already give WAY less credits than they used to, now you are taking te elite comms away?! What is the point to do these now? Basic comms are SO easy to get on makeb!!! Why remove the only good thing left to these heroic space missions?!

I just read this and I have to say I am very upset about this as well.

Before 2.0, Heroic Space Combat awarded Black Hole Comms every day. It was a very viable way for those of us that don't necessarily have time to raid or do FPs every day to fit in a couple missions here and there and be able to obtain, albeit quite slowly, gear that was one tier down from the top gear.

By eliminating the Elite Comm rewards for these missions and make them Basic-Comm only, now Space Combat players will only be able to get gear that is 2 tiers down from the top, and frankly that is gear that is extremely easily and quickly obtained through other means.

I believe this is a bad mistake on the developers' part, and will lead to people no longer doing Space Missions. I will not be doing them anymore, and I was a dedicated, daily Space Mission player as my posts in other threads show.

Bioware, please re-consider this change, as it is an unnecessary nerf to one of the game's areas that is really enjoyed by those that play it.

By the way, as a follow-up to my message above, the Comm rewards for doing these missions had already been basically cut in half (or less) in 2.0, since they only rewarded TWO elite comms per mission, and more than double the number of Elite Comms are needed for pieces, as compared with their Black Hole predecessors, so this was already a grind that was going to be twice as long for those of us that used it to get that second tier gear.

Really no idea why this needed to be taken away from us :(

Ditto everything Fubarq said:

The upgrade from BH to Elite Comms was an excellent addition to 2.0 *in the absence of any additional space missions*

Removing them is unnecessary and capricious.

To those who say it's unfair for those who don't play the space game: Operations comms and gear benefit only those who play the Ops game.

Bioware, please let us have a little choice in how we play your game. Limiting the paths to success doesn't broaden your customer base. Just the opposite, in fact.

It's crazy easy to hit your weekly cap on elite comms anyway.

I don't see how this post is productive or how it addresses our concerns. For those of us that do not have time for Operations or regular Flashpoints, it is NOT crazy easy to hit the weekly cap on elite comms. That is the whole point we are raising here.

Edited by Fubarq

I was pretty happy we got Elite Comms with the heroic space missions. It was the main reward for doing them. Fleet comms are worthless and basic comms... meh. But the Elite Comms were nice. Those made it worth doing space combat.

Now that they're gone, I have no desire to do Space Combat anymore. Bioware, you put all this work into SC only to make it worthless to even bother with. I personally enjoy SC but now, it just seems like a waste of time. Maybe if I'm extremely bored and want a few easily measly credits I'll consider SC. But it won't be the first thing I do when I log in anymore.

Bring Back Elite Comms!

I was pretty happy we got Elite Comms with the heroic space missions. It was the main reward for doing them. Fleet comms are worthless and basic comms... meh. But the Elite Comms were nice. Those made it worth doing space combat.

Now that they're gone, I have no desire to do Space Combat anymore. Bioware, you put all this work into SC only to make it worthless to even bother with. I personally enjoy SC but now, it just seems like a waste of time. Maybe if I'm extremely bored and want a few easily measly credits I'll consider SC. But it won't be the first thing I do when I log in anymore.

Bring Back Elite Comms!

Basically what a lot of our guild said tonight.

Just did a Heroic space mission in 2.01. Did each Bonus that I could clear. The mission today was "Far Cradle Strike."

After completion, I got 2 Elite Comms. Which seemed irregular given the patch notes...

But what was truly distressing was that I only got 1 Basic Comm. Means my Reward was: 40 Fleet Comms, 1 Basic Comm, 2 Elite Comms, and a blue reputation token.

I'm not sure what the intended fix was. But they didn't remove all of the Elite Comms. They did however, remove any viable reason to do space missions aside from leveling characters up to 55...

Elite comms are rewarded for group based content aka operations and HM flashpoints for level 55.

Basic comms are for solo players and small groups. Rewarding you group based commendations for a single player experience isn't right either and should not be rewarded as such. Bioware was dumb enough to make this reward not worth while and it probably won't be until the next tier of gear. However, if it rewarded more basic comms and there was a way to exchange basic for say elite at a 3 to 1 rate it would be much more acceptable.

Elite comms are rewarded for group based content aka operations and HM flashpoints for level 55.

Basic comms are for solo players and small groups. Rewarding you group based commendations for a single player experience isn't right either and should not be rewarded as such. Bioware was dumb enough to make this reward not worth while and it probably won't be until the next tier of gear. However, if it rewarded more basic comms and there was a way to exchange basic for say elite at a 3 to 1 rate it would be much more acceptable.

You get elite coms from the staged weekly on makeb and that is soloable. So that's not a policy in the game.

I'm also baffled by this decision. Given the cap, I don't see a problem with an alternate method of getting elite coms.

I too disagree with this move. Given all that has been stripped away from space missions - from repeated removal of credits, to a rather lacking set of reputation rewards (compare the rep vendor to Section X, Makeb, or Gree and tell me rewards are on par. Only rep rewards that are just as bad off is Voss), Space has always felt like a system that Bioware only made because the game has the word "Star" in the title.

The Elite Comms were the major perk of doing these missions lately. Unless Bioware intends to do a system where you can trade-up Basic & Fleet Comms for Elite Comms, I don't agree on this. It is yet another example of a dis-incentive to space missions. This has been a facet of the game which has been sorely lacking since launch, and was only ever touched by adding the challenge of Heroics, but has since removed the rewards that came with it. If anything, I've been hoping Bioware would expand the Staged Weekly System that they have with Makeb to add a Staged Weekly series of space missions and their dailies. Let alone co-op space or open space.

Edited by Vistaer

I am upset with this as well. I spent a lot of credits and cartel coins to get my characters into ship gear just to do the heroic space missions. Used to be you would get a couple BH comms for your efforts and with the fleet comms you could purchase a 'chance' at some relevant matts you could sell to make some creds or use them to craft if you wanted. No updates of this type were made to the fleet comm vendor and now with no elite comms the missions are useless beyond lvl 55. If you think getting comms in this way would somehow hurt the game or be unfair to those who cannot compete them, you should consider that to gear a toon in this way would likely take until the next update that makes elite gear obsolete. So yeah-no more space missions here either and thanks for helping me to waste my creds and cartel coins. My sub is at risk for this foolish move.

Umh... yeah, that 'more basic comms' is so much, apparently one basic comms per mission(could be 2 on sunday).Heroic dalies give more.

Well, at least now there won't be anyone saying that those missions are too hard, because only people doing them will do so only because they actually enjoy them.

And only if they have nothing better to do.

I just read this and I have to say I am very upset about this as well.

Before 2.0, Heroic Space Combat awarded Black Hole Comms every day. It was a very viable way for those of us that don't necessarily have time to raid or do FPs every day to fit in a couple missions here and there and be able to obtain, albeit quite slowly, gear that was one tier down from the top gear.

By eliminating the Elite Comm rewards for these missions and make them Basic-Comm only, now Space Combat players will only be able to get gear that is 2 tiers down from the top, and frankly that is gear that is extremely easily and quickly obtained through other means.

I believe this is a bad mistake on the developers' part, and will lead to people no longer doing Space Missions. I will not be doing them anymore, and I was a dedicated, daily Space Mission player as my posts in other threads show.

Bioware, please re-consider this change, as it is an unnecessary nerf to one of the game's areas that is really enjoyed by those that play it.

You have just answered your own question...

Prior to 2.0 BH gear was two tiers lower than the best (campaign and dread guard were "better"), so awarding BH comms back then is the same as awarding basic comms now.

You have just answered your own question...

Prior to 2.0 BH gear was two tiers lower than the best (campaign and dread guard were "better"), so awarding BH comms back then is the same as awarding basic comms now.

Before:

Black Hole and Campaing are level 61 pieces (Campaing gives bonus set)

Hazmat and Dread Guard are level 63 pieces (Dread Guard gives bonus set)

Now:

Black Market and Arkanian are level 69 pieces (Arkanian gives bonus set)

Verpine and Underground are level 72 pieces (Underground gives bonus set)

So Black Maket, which you get with elite comms, is the new Black Hole.

Absolutely disappointed with this as well.

I don't do OPs at all, and so far the space stuff was at least giving me the chance to collect a few of these comms.

After all the hits the space missions got lately and now removing these rewards, I don't see any reason to fly them anymore at all. So far we can't even trade in marks for new crafting box stuff etc.

Well, I spent 3x cartel coins on the shop to get my two toons equipped, bought and crafted the rest of the ship's gear. Guess I should have saved my money and time for something else :rolleyes:

Well there has also been a shift in design philosophy between 1.7 and now. For example you could craft BiS PVE gear allowing for a robust GTN market at endgame. Tionese was literally handed out for free and columi wasn't too difficult to earn.

Now you cannot obtain your set bonus without raiding and some of the better itemized enhancements are only on token pieces and unobtainable with comms (Really not looking forward to having to get 3-4 sets of boots to get 1 part and throw the rest away.)

Guys, aren't you used to these "headless chicken" :rak_02: decisions that are taking place in spite of players complaints or desires? I also used to do all the heroic space missions but ofc now I will stop doing them as its not worth the effort. I can't raid with all my level 55 toons because it will be the end of my "real life" :cool: so these were sort of an "addicted small dose" to get few decent comms. All we can seem to do is "smile and wave" and say thank you BW for your "wisdom" ;)

I rather enjoy my daily heroic space mission, and I will probably continue to do them with the assumption that Bioware will eventually put something worthwhile on the fleet comms vendor, like top grade crafting mats.

Because, as we all know, there is nothing actually useful on there now.