Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Component swapping or Ship build pre-sets please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Component swapping or Ship build pre-sets please

dancezwithnubz
06.27.2014 , 05:40 PM | #1
I'd really like to be able to swap components on a ship during a match (between spawns obviously).

Either through the hanger window, same as if I was unqueued on Fleet, or through a system of pre-sets (each additional preset requires a Cartel Market unlock?).

There are times I need my bomber-hunter Blackbolt build, there's times I need my 'boost forever' Blackbolt build. Sadly, I don't know which I'll need until I find out if I'm playing Domination or a Team Deathmatch.

Or just let me spend 5k fleet req on another Blackbolt for my hanger please.

Even just being able to swap co-pilots between spawns would be a great boon.

phalczen
06.27.2014 , 05:44 PM | #2
We'll get it around the same time we get dual-spec's which they've promised for two years now.

dancezwithnubz
06.27.2014 , 05:56 PM | #3
you can already field-respec your ground 'toon......

being able to swap builds between spawns isn't asking much I don't think.

Nemarus
06.27.2014 , 06:05 PM | #4
Disagree. This would only further increase the power of specialty ships and components. It's already bad enough that we can have five distinct ships ready to go.

If you want to be able to handle any situation decently, bring a Strike or other ship that is built to be a generalist.

If anything would improve the game, it would be decreasing the number of readied ships we can bring to 3. Even then, we'd still see everyone bring a Flashfire, a Quarrel, and a Razorwire.

And you can't field respec a ground character in the middle of a warzone.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

dancezwithnubz
06.27.2014 , 06:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
If anything would improve the game, it would be decreasing the number of readied ships we can bring to 3. Even then, we'd still see everyone bring a Flashfire, a Quarrel, and a Razorwire.
i wouldn't bring those three, although a T1 gunship would definitely be part of my load out.

Fractalsponge
06.27.2014 , 06:17 PM | #6
Disagree. This would only further increase the power of specialty ships and components. It's already bad enough that we can have five distinct ships ready to go.

If you want to be able to handle any situation decently, bring a Strike or other ship that is built to be a generalist.

And you can't field respec a ground character in the middle of a warzone.
Wait, what? Why would dropping to 3 slots improve ship variety? Like you said, almost everyone would just have the big 3. If you increased the number of slots, then it would encourage people to try new ships.

I'm feeling the pinch myself, since I have all 12 of the non CM ships mastered, some of which I would really like to fly more often, but not at the expense of removing my Mangler or Sting.
http://fractalsponge.net
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

Nemarus
06.27.2014 , 06:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
i wouldn't bring those three, although a T1 gunship would definitely be part of my load out.
I bet you had to give some careful thought to which three you'd bring though, right? And your choices might be distinct from others, and those choices of yours might cause unexpected and surprising outcomes in matches.

Personally I think it would make the game far more interesting. Hmm, sounds like a neat thread idea...

dancezwithnubz
06.27.2014 , 06:28 PM | #8
I bet you had to give some careful thought to which three you'd bring though, right?
A T1 gunship is pretty much a given. I dislike flying a gunship and would much, much rather get about in a T1 or T3 scout.
I keep a T1 gunny & T2 scout online simply because they're my go-to "help, i'm in a pug with total nubs" ships.
I just cracked 1,000 matches played. I would hate being restricted to only three ship choices with such a huge variety of ship builds available. heck, i'd have a hanger of three Blackbolts and two Bloodmarks if I could.

Perhaps a second version of a given ship should be a reward for "completing" that ship?

Magira
06.27.2014 , 07:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
I'd really like to be able to swap components on a ship during a match (between spawns obviously).
Yes, I support.

But I would welcome a hangar expansion even more. Initially, there were 6 different ships and 5 places in the hangar. Has fitted.
Meanwhile, we have 12 ships and still only 5 places. This is clearly not enough.
I would like my ships specialize even more and each bring a custom setting for the situation. Motto: Thinking work triumphs over brute force.
The Red Eclipse: Ynaxi, Thamari, Shakrj , Lorilee, Maedu
Guild: The Wookiees Legacy:Shockwaverider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

Nemarus
06.27.2014 , 08:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Magira View Post
Yes, I support.

But I would welcome a hangar expansion even more. Initially, there were 6 different ships and 5 places in the hangar. Has fitted.
Meanwhile, we have 12 ships and still only 5 places. This is clearly not enough.
I would like my ships specialize even more and each bring a custom setting for the situation. Motto: Thinking work triumphs over brute force.
Which could also be read as "swapping to the most specialized build for any task, which you got off of these forums" triumphs over "pilot skill".