Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

KeithKanneg

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We are quite a few weeks away from publishing the next 90 day update for our SWTOR Roadmap. We solidified our content plan and release schedule, so I’ll include all those details in the update. But, as you know, we’re really trying to provide you with more insight than ever before, and I’d like to know what other information you’d want to see in the Roadmap. Obviously, I can’t promise to include everything, but will do my best to address a wide variety of your requests.

Many of you read the SWTOR roadmap (http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170531), and realize I had left you with an elusive “and more to come…” in the Game Update 5.4 section. I thought this would be a good time to let you know what will be released on August 22nd with the next game update. Here’s a few highlights of what you can expect:

• Crisis on Umbara – Our story will continue in a new Flashpoint coming on the planet of Umbara. This Flashpoint will launch with all 3 difficulties, Story, Veteran and Master. For Umbara’s Master Mode we are trying something new, and depending on how well it goes, we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder. We won’t prevent pre-made groups from going in directly, but this will prevent under-geared players from slowing down your group. We’re adding a new average rating identifier on your character window which will be based on the items you have ‘equipped’.
  • Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. You’ll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.
  • Companion Customization – Senya Tirall can now have her weapons and armor customized. Also, Lana, Koth, and Senya’s hairstyles are available for purchase to customize your character.
  • Quality of Life – Companions can now be summoned while moving.
  • A new feature on the in-game Preference screen has been added for higher graphic settings to improve the realism of contrast and shadows.
  • Class balance – The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):
    • Lethality / Ruffian
    • Concealment / Scrapper
    • Medicine / Sawbones
    • Fury / Concentration
    • Carnage / Combat

[*]Season 8 will be coming to an end! We will post the full breakdown of rewards with screenshots in the coming weeks but in the meantime… the top rewards include a full weapon set and a new Ember Makrin Mount.

[*]We are making changes to daily and weekly mission rewards for PvP with the intent of substantially improving Unassembled Component gain for players who complete both Ranked and Unranked missions.

Back to the Roadmap update for a moment as I’d like to provide some guidelines about the feedback. Be concise and specific. Think how it will affect other players, fairness, progression, impact, to help us truly understand and weigh your thoughts against the entire plan/direction.

Keep in mind, our goal for this year was to put us on a track of providing new and challenging multi-player content, while addressing all the gameplay systems in SWTOR. It does mean spreading content out over the year, but I still believe having access to content sooner is more desirable than having to wait a year to get it all at once.

Chat with you all soon.

Keith

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

242? really? i actually do just fine in team of augmented 230, no wipes.... now i should be forced to grind even more just to do dailies for MM flashpoints...

rather make it not put you in the toughest flashpoints if you dont have gear for it, as not every single one actually requires that good gear

Edited by MotherCrusher

Also, Lana, Koth, and Senya’s hairstyles are available for purchase to customize your character.

I'd like to ask to which specific hairstyles you are refering to here. Both Lana and Koth have slightly different hairstyles now when they don't have their KOTFE customizations equipped, so are we getting their original hair or their new hair from 5.3? The same goes for Senya, who received an update to her head design and hair with KOTET.

Edited by BenKatarn

Hey everyone,

We are quite a few weeks away from publishing the next 90 day update for our SWTOR Roadmap. We solidified our content plan and release schedule, so I’ll include all those details in the update. But, as you know, we’re really trying to provide you with more insight than ever before, and I’d like to know what other information you’d want to see in the Roadmap. Obviously, I can’t promise to include everything, but will do my best to address a wide variety of your requests.

Many of you read the SWTOR roadmap (http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170531), and realize I had left you with an elusive “and more to come…” in the Game Update 5.4 section. I thought this would be a good time to let you know what will be released on August 22nd with the next game update. Here’s a few highlights of what you can expect:

• Crisis on Umbara – Our story will continue in a new Flashpoint coming on the planet of Umbara. This Flashpoint will launch with all 3 difficulties, Story, Veteran and Master. For Umbara’s Master Mode we are trying something new, and depending on how well it goes, we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder. We won’t prevent pre-made groups from going in directly, but this will prevent under-geared players from slowing down your group. We’re adding a new average rating identifier on your character window which will be based on the items you have ‘equipped’.
  • Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. You’ll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.
  • Companion Customization – Senya Tirall can now have her weapons and armor customized. Also, Lana, Koth, and Senya’s hairstyles are available for purchase to customize your character.
  • A new feature on the in-game Preference screen has been added for higher graphic settings to improve the realism of contrast and shadows.
  • Class balance – The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):
    • Lethality / Ruffian
    • Concealment / Scrapper
    • Medicine / Sawbones
    • Fury / Concentration
    • Carnage / Combat

[*]Season 8 will be coming to an end! We will post the full breakdown of rewards with screenshots in the coming weeks but in the meantime… the top rewards include a full weapon set and a new Ember Makrin Mount.

[*]We are making changes to daily and weekly mission rewards for PvP with the intent of substantially improving Unassembled Component gain for players who complete both Ranked and Unranked missions.

Back to the Roadmap update for a moment as I’d like to provide some guidelines about the feedback. Be concise and specific. Think how it will affect other players, fairness, progression, impact, to help us truly understand and weigh your thoughts against the entire plan/direction.

Keep in mind, our goal for this year was to put us on a track of providing new and challenging multi-player content, while addressing all the gameplay systems in SWTOR. It does mean spreading content out over the year, but I still believe having access to content sooner is more desirable than having to wait a year to get it all at once.

Chat with you all soon.

Keith

I for one am excited to see Ruffian get punched in the face :rak_03:

I apologize for the harshness of the remainder of this post but this update is unacceptable. Back in the thread titled "Season 8 Rewards" (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=924525) we were promised: "In the next few weeks we will work on getting you an exact list of what each item is along with screenshots. As a reminder, the season will be ending with Game Update 5.4. Let us know your thoughts!"

We have not been given that at all. That thread was from 6/13, which was 5.5 weeks ago. That is not a "few weeks" by anyone's measure. We have not been told the reward tier rating requirements. The leaderboards have not been fixed/updated. Ranked PvPers have absolutely no idea where they stand for top three titles or reward tiers.

And the season ends in almost exactly a month. Now you are saying "We will post the full breakdown of rewards with screenshots in the coming weeks". So, we will have what, a week or two to get our ratings in the right place once we actually have a clue what the tier rating requirements are?

It really makes us feel like you do not care about the ranked PvP community as this information has been put off and put off and put off again. And now we have almost no time left and you're still putting it off. Please, if you care at all, tell us all of this very important information NOW!

Edited by Krylaancelo

242? really? i actually do just fine in team of augmented 230, no wipes.... now i should be forced to grind even more just to do dailies for MM flashpoints...

rather make it not put you in the toughest flashpoints if you dont have gear for it, as not every single one actually requires that good gear

The way I interpret the change is that the 242 rating requirement only applies to master mode of the new flashpoint.

That said, I would prefer if only a select few flashpoints end up getting this requirement. There is a VAST difference in difficulty among the master mode flashpoints.

The average item rating value itself is a great idea. It will save a lot of time on gear checks when pugging harder content.

Hey everyone,

• Lethality / Ruffian
    • Concealment / Scrapper
    • Medicine / Sawbones
    • Fury / Concentration
    • Carnage / Combat

Chat with you all soon.

Keith

No changes to dps pt's defenses? It will continue to die in 5 seconds in both ranked and unranked?

Mercs will continue to be unkillable? Come on!

I also hope you are not planning to nerf concealment dps since its dps is already BAD, this spec has good survivability but very low dps. On the contrary, ruffian is indeed a bit opped i think, but i dont think that it needs huge nerfs

And wow, touching the most balanced class in the game(marauder)? They didn't need any adjustments, it is a perfect balanced class.

WHERE is legacy wide Unessembled components? You promised us that!

Thanks at least for buffing pvp rewards

Edited by omaan

I like the idea of having a certain gear score rating to enter the master mode flashpoint a LOT! Can we see it implemented into ranked warzones if it works out as intended? As many already know from experience, there's tons of people who enter ranked with terrible gear and they're a real detriment to the team, making it a huge hassle for people who actually want high ratings and to earn tokens faster. Edited by LanternsUnite

Hey everyone,

[*]Class balance – The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):

• Lethality / Ruffian
  • Concealment / Scrapper
  • Medicine / Sawbones
  • Fury / Concentration
  • Carnage / Combat

Chat with you all soon.

Keith

Uhm guys, are you forgetting on class balance????:

1.) Merc Dcds in Pvp (overtuned)

2.) Sniper dcds in PvP (overtuned)

3.) Dps Sorc dcds in PvP (undertuned)

4.) PT Dcds (undertuned in general)

5.) Madness/balance probably needs single target slight dps buff still -nowhere close to other rdps sustained atm

????

Edit also: Deception still outperforms Hatred in raw numbers, but only slightly as of 5.3

To sum up: Season 8: Swtor: Merc Wars, Seaon 9: Swtor: Merc Wars Part II????

Edited by ottffsse

Uhm guys, are you forgetting on class balance????:

1.) Merc Dcds in Pvp (overtuned)

2.) Sniper dcds in PvP (overtuned)

3.) Dps Sorc dcds in PvP (undertuned)

4.) PT Dcds (undertuned in general)

5.) Madness/balance probably needs single target slight dps buff still -nowhere close to other rdps sustained atm

????

To sum up: Season 8: Swtor: Merc Wars, Seaon 9: Swtor: Merc Wars Part II????

You do know that they said they will be adjusting survivability for ALL classes after they adjusted DPS and HPS values for pretty much most specs?

You do know that they said they will be adjusting survivability for ALL classes after they adjusted DPS and HPS values for pretty much most specs?

Yeah I hope they do it in patch 5.4 this is taking way too long. It would be silly if they they did not make changes before the next PvP season.

[*]A new feature on the in-game Preference screen has been added for higher graphic settings to improve the realism of contrast and shadows.

This doesn't help at all when people with decent hardware have problems running 16m content. Going into the sub 10 fps region with all the 'fancy' animations and stuff that's constantly getting added even in lowest option aka. potato mode is not really fun at all. And those people usually can run other games on high or ultra settings with no fps problems at all.

And it get's worse with the new areas added. I hope you actually tested graphics performance in the new operation instance with 16 people present, it is not fun at all (same with unranked pvp). Who cares about smooth 60fps doing planetary missions when performance goes down the drain as soon as you enter areas with multiple characters/mobs/bosses doing their animations.

Maybe it is time to invest some development towards the extremely under performing game engine...

i.e. 90-9000 days to adjust it. GG! PvP Mercs are FOTY already. :D

Are Annihilation/Watchman and Deception/Infiltration going to receive changes later or are they at their target dps already?

If they are the target then dps jugs and PTs need some buffing dps whose and their defenses need to be greatly increased.

[*]Class balance – The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):

• Lethality / Ruffian
  • Concealment / Scrapper
  • Medicine / Sawbones
  • Fury / Concentration
  • Carnage / Combat

So Sage/Sorc will be expected to continue on with not one viable discipline now.

Healers just took a huge nerf, but to do it you nerfed base class skills as well, and Healer was the only really viable end-game discipline.

Can you please explain why you chose to Nerf the ONLY end-game viable build for Sage/Sorc BEFORE buffing one of the other builds?

Are those of who us main a TK Sage or Lighning Sorc (I do both) getting some form of compensation for being non-viable for over half a year, because of deliberate choices by Bioware?

All The Best