Commendation chest after Firebrand + Stormcaller

We had this same problem as well and while the bug was annoying, it was the in-game customer service reps that had me most upset. When we encountered this bug last night half our operation immediately put in trouble tickets. In less than an hour 3 had spoken with CS reps which gave responses from: "Your kill could not be confirmed" even though we were obviously past the boss, standing at a locked chest, to "try to clear to the chest faster next time." We cleared to the chest in less than 10 minutes and when we asked if there was actually a timer to get to it he said he was not able to disclose that information. From all of my experiences with the in-game CS reps I'd say that they are lazy, sometimes rude, and pretty much worthless in fixing anything aside from missbought items.

Yeah, did Denova SM tonight and the chest was locked. Most likely required the Firebrand/Stormcaller boss chest to be opened as the optional chest after Colonel Vorgath was unlocked.

^^ This. Same exact scenario for my guild tonight on our 8-man EC SM raid. We did put in a ticket regarding the situation.

Did a story mode 8 man last night and we also found the chest in the trenches to be locked. Luckily, most of us in the group weren't desperate for comms, so we just finished the instance and let it go. I do have to echo the sentiments of some of the other posters though, that the patches seem to break more than they fix. It's becoming quite comical at this point.

This needs to be fixed ASAP, as in, the very next patch if not sooner. If not, my personal conclusion would be that you don't care that much about your ops community, as I can't see that this would be a hard bug to fix requiring multiple weeks of effort.

My guild did SM Denova as well and ran into this.

Something to note here:

We skipped the trash after the cave between Zorn and Toth and the first chest. That chest opened for us. The problem is definitely the trigger for the Firebrand and Stormcaller "patch".

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to refer you to the following information located in our Known In-Game Issue stickied thread from Live Community Coordinator, Amber Green:

Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We're working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues.

UPDATED: May 31st, 2012

Flashpoints and Operations

• The Bonus Commendation Chest rewarded for defeating Firebrand and Stormcaller in Explosive Conflict cannot be looted.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for the reports!

Am glad this was acknowledged and will hopefully be fixed tonight, but it would be nice if the CSRs gave us our comms or if a map reduce was run to give them out.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

it's nice that it's finally acknowledged though.

Should have never broke it in the first place.

Dev #1. we need to change the way players loot firebrand and storm caller.

Dev #2 why its working just fine.

Dev #1 I'm bored and want to mess with something that is working just fine.

Dev#2 No problem

Dev#1 so you made the change?

Dev#2 Yes but didn't have any testers to test it.

Dev#1 that's OK it was working fine before will just run with it.

Players Hello what are you doing there? the chest is broken cant get our Comms. did you guys test it?

Dev#1 I told you to test it

Dev#2 Oops

it's my private opinion that BW doesn't actually have a full time play-test group.