Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request to Change Project and Throw, with suggestions and examples…

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Request to Change Project and Throw, with suggestions and examples…

Benk
12.17.2011 , 04:14 AM | #21
While I'm not saying the animation is perfect, the developers knew exactly how many were playing consulars during the beta and it could be that those who thought the animation needed to be changed were in the vast minority. Hypothetically if 25% were unsatisfied with the animation but 75% were satisfied, why take the time to change something if the large majority of players were content with it? That could easily be why they never saw a need to change it; more players were content with it than those that thought it needed to be changed. Just saying.

Brutoni
12.17.2011 , 12:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by kevshootit View Post
I dont think anyone is saying "get RID" of rock throwing/pebble tossing,

just give consulars, especially shadows, MORE options

I really don't like the current project/throw animations, id love another option for an ability that serves as my staple force range attacks, the way the game seems to be set up now, shadows really HAVE to cast either project or throw a LOT to be viable in ANY build.

sages seem to get more choices, many of their proc buffs will benefit MULTIPLE ranged attacks, verses many of the shadow buffs which ONLY buff either project or throw.

all the OP is asking for is switching animations, put the cooler force attacks LOWER/EARLIER in the consular arsenal and put the rock throwing animations higher up in specific trees so that people who love those animations can still have them
What? No... sucks for a Sage as much as for a Shadow... Early on you feel like a complete idiot as you pick up non related items from the ground and hurl them at enemies.

Then your most used effect (even for an early Sage) is gosh darn THROW... IT SUCKS... IT SUCKS SOOOO MUCH... I did defend it once but I've just got tired of the rubbish stream of pebbles that don't even look like they are moving that fast.

Meanwhile Jedi Knights get awesome Sabre classes. They get super cool animations in the form of force leap AND the master strike animation.

Sith dudes get very cool lightening effects...

I'm stuck throwing little rocks when I saw Satele Shaun hurl someone through a mountain with her Kinetic combat traits!!

Master-Nala
12.17.2011 , 02:06 PM | #23
Great post. I'm actually OK with Project and TK Throw, but I think the suggestions here are top notch!

Achromatis
12.17.2011 , 09:36 PM | #24
Im fine with the current animations, but I wouldnt say that I "like" them. Once I started actually playing theyre not nearly so bad as some people make them out to be.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

Docmal
12.17.2011 , 11:02 PM | #25
Great persuasive essay. I hope bioware pays attention. I love your ideas. Often in the movies a jedi will use a quick instant force burst and i was wondering where this was in the game.

My fear is that they have significant resources and enthusiasm invested in the project animation. They have been touting the idea that it changes forms randomly since early beta. I hope they can see that while technically impressive and original it still misses the mark for most fans. I hope their erogance and/or pride doesnt get in the way of making the right choice.

DJRiful
12.17.2011 , 11:07 PM | #26
I love this post. It's amazing.

Eureka - Cammarata
Republic on Keller's Void Eastern Server
Cammarata Guild | Recruitment

Dyvim
12.18.2011 , 12:56 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DJRiful View Post
I love this post. It's amazing.
/blush
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

AriasImmortal
12.18.2011 , 02:55 AM | #28
Yeah, I really dislike how long the animation for project is while the sith equivalent (shock) is instant. The delay on damage is huge especially for close fights.

MarcoGouveia
12.18.2011 , 03:05 AM | #29
I'm sorry your not good at this game, but don't go trying to change project just because you don't understand it. Project is fine the way it is your the one who is ment to adapt to the class play style NOT the other way around.

Dyvim
12.18.2011 , 03:16 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MarcoGouveia View Post
I'm sorry your not good at this game, but don't go trying to change project just because you don't understand it. Project is fine the way it is your the one who is ment to adapt to the class play style NOT the other way around.
lol, I feel you are misguided. Accusing other players as being "not good" because they logically rip apart a crappy animation is, well, silly. I really am not supposed to adapt to a crappy animation....pulling rocks magically out of spaceship decks is just ridiculous. As far as understanding it...I understand it is subpar. Sorcerer shock is a SUPERB animation for a starter skill. It is truly that quick jab that the skill should be. An instant quick jab.

Play the game some more, maybe your understanding will improve.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...