New to ops and flash.

Hi!

Have been blaying TOR for about 4 months and when I first hit 50 with my jugg....it were hard to get a place in an ops or flashpoint...since many juggs had better eq...tried for weeks but people keept telling me I had to bad gear...even if I had 50 gear , 50-56 rating most.

So I tought jugg whas overcrowded so I´ve hit both sniper and Merc to 50...and since I´ve gotten them this last 2 months I don´t seem to find people wanna play with people with gear under 58....And I don´t have that kind of money to buy 58> slots for my character as from GTN it would cost me about 30-40 mil....everyone want´s people with good gear or full sets...but how are new players gonna get them if they don´t get the chance?

At lower levels I have my sorcerer and commando at around 30 with epic gear...get invites all the time....but it´s at maximum level I hit problems..

Not trying to complaing on players or anything...undrstand why people want´s the best players....but just wondering what´s the best move for new 50´s to get a place in ops or flashes?

Best Regards

//Fredrik

Make sure you are doing your random hard mode flashpoint every time you log on. Use the group finder. This is a good way to get blackhole comms for ilvl 61 gear. Also make sure you are doing the weekly for your blackhole comms too, this is on corellia. Besides that, farm Columi gear from Hard mode flashpoints and do story mode ops in the group finder. When you get into all Columi gear, start trying to get into the eternity vault and karaggs palace hard modes. If you get some Rakata gear from those hard modes and buy some blacksun gear, people should star letting you get into explosive conflict.

The easiest way to get gear is to jump into some hard mode flashpoints. They drop Columi (56) gear. If you can get into a guild that runs Ops you can get gear a lot faster. You will need to do Hard Mode Ops to get Rakata (58) gear and I would recommend having a guild if you want to do these consistantly.

You can also get Black Hole (61) gear from Black Hole comms which you can get from doing the Black Hole weekly and the group finder hard mode daily.

this is an issue with most dps toons and some tanks. ppl (guilds and pug leaders) will choose over geared players so they can be carried and they want an easy time in an OP but are they first to whine that a game is too easy. the steps up the progression ladder dont req a fresh 50 to have 58lvl gear to start a sm ev / kp. this goes back to Wow when you needed a masters from yale and link your HM kill to go on a hogger run.*

*exaggeration but point still applies.

Edited by vojinsa

As a fresh 50 dps, I can safely tell you not to fret! I had heard complaints from other new 50's and was hesitant to utilize the group finder, knowing I was poorly geared. I decided to try my luck and started running HM FP's within minutes. I finished both HM FP's with no issue. I just followed the leader and played my role as a dps. There were no complaints from my group members and no one mentioned my gear until I looted a new chest piece and they told me I could "stop dressing like a dork now." All of my group members were encouraging and helpful; both runs went smoothly. I'm sure this won't always be the case, but I know that if I stay in the queue thing will work out.

Stick with the Tier 1 HM FP's until you are comfortably geared, then move onto Tier 2. It won't take long. In two runs, I had an 3 pieces of Columni and an exotech chest piece.