All Combat Sentinels please read this. Skill not working at all

Venjirai

The skill "opportune attack" which gives the next focus spender 10% more damage does not work.

The proc itself disappears when using an attack like blade storm or blade rush, but the damage is the same without the proc, instead of 10% more damage.

Please report this via ingame support so they fix this soon.

The skill "opportune attack" which gives the next focus spender 10% more damage does not work.

The proc itself disappears when using an attack like blade storm or blade rush, but the damage is the same without the proc, instead of 10% more damage.

Are you absolutely certain? because whenever it's up, i ALWAYS make sure to use blade storm or our execute, and that buff is the only difference for me between a 2.2k crit and a 2.5k crit. At least, that what my log is telling me. /shrug.

Are you absolutely certain? because whenever it's up, i ALWAYS make sure to use blade storm or our execute, and that buff is the only difference for me between a 2.2k crit and a 2.5k crit. At least, that what my log is telling me. /shrug.

I tested it for about 10 mins with Blade Rush, Blade Storm, Crippling Throw, the damage is the same.

What you might be experiencing is min-max damage. I crit between 3 - 3.5k with Blade Storm without Precision Slash and the Proc does not change a thing.

I tested it for about 10 mins with Blade Rush, Blade Storm, Crippling Throw, the damage is the same.

What you might be experiencing is min-max damage. I crit between 3 - 3.5k with Blade Storm without Precision Slash and the Proc does not change a thing.

are you using precision slash off of the gcd? i find that my ps uses up my oppertune strike. i br and then slip it in during the gcd so that master strike and bladestorm get the effects of ps.

are you using precision slash off of the gcd? i find that my ps uses up my oppertune strike. i br and then slip it in during the gcd so that master strike and bladestorm get the effects of ps.

Precision Slash wasn't involved in testing the +10% damage.

Sadly, it's true.

My Blade Storm has toolip damage 1750-1814. On dummy with 5% armor it hits on average for 1696, that's 1785 before mitigation. 1925 is lower end of Blade Storm on steroids(with Opportune Attacks active), so lowest possible damage on that target should be 1828 if everything was working. Since I didn't see any hit close to that, or any real difference between hits with buff and without, I guess Opportune Attacks really doesn't work.

I absolutley agree!! Pls fix it Bioware.

This thread needs dev attention. I submitted a ticket a while back, but no answer.

Even with the devs acknowledging this bug, we probably have to wait for 1.4 for a fix.

Bioware never seemed to care much about problems only certain specs are having issues with. (Tactics Vanguard Pulse Cannon Slow)

I have tested this myself as well and definitely not working as from 5th of July.

I have submitted a ticket as well outlining the issue and explaining how I tested, hopefully a resolution shouldn't be to far away.

I wonder if the Marauder ability is working fine.

Just bumping this since there's now dev response or anything.

Checked it again today, still not working

It has now been listed as a known bug:

The Sentinel skill "Opportune Strike" and Marauder skill "Execute" do not currently apply the correct damage bonus.

So now I have some hope for a fix in the next patches. :)

Great, I spent an hour testing this... (and indeed, it is bugged).

Ironically, the "Known Issue" description is, itself, in error, as there is nothing wrong with the abilities Opportune Strike or Execute (which are the ones which require the target to be slowed or immobilized). The problem is with the skill (not ability) "Opportune Attack".

Now hopefully they will also fix the bug that Saber Storm doesn't increase Ataru critical damage.

Edited by LagunaD

Great, I spent an hour testing this... (and indeed, it is bugged).

Ironically, the "Known Issue" description is, itself, in error, as there is nothing wrong with the abilities Opportune Strike or Execute (which are the ones which require the target to be slowed or immobilized). The problem is with the skill (not ability) "Opportune Attack".

Now hopefully they will also fix the bug that Saber Storm doesn't increase Ataru critical damage.

QFE

It would be nice if our spec worked ljke it was suppose too.