Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Colme on, why reward the hackers?

xdandeman's Avatar


xdandeman
07.20.2019 , 08:16 PM | #1
It's great rewards for doing PVP even though it has no legitimacy, Hacking is the game , now heal hacks seem to be most obvious, SWTOR knows it, and doesn't really care, but why not reward the legitimate players for going along, the loot is good, generally the worst part is that since the hackers can't be killed it's hard to get medals for conquest, and if you aren't a DPS with healing ability it's impossible. THis is just stupid pro hacker idiot pvp thinking, think of subscribers who would like to participate in something, the people who pay to play. too much reward is given to hackers not legit players. I don't know what you get from hitting IDK or ILM and playing GOd mode, they are pathetic antisocial low IQ morons for the most part , but why encourage them when you should be supporting the revenue generators.?
Also; sometimes you get medals if your side wins, sometimes not, so you don't know if you should try and win or just get DPS for medals, and of course stealthers and medics wont even get that, If you are going to keep having mostly Hackball events (usually totally hacked) then why not lower the dps requirements and medals for winners all the time? While the other matches besides Hackball are more fun and even Don't see why most pvp matches are hack ball.
Also noteworthy that while my stealther died several times actually attacking the enemy cannon he got no attacker medals, since he doesn't do dps. so no 8 medals for him, SWTOR wants DPS and Kills not strategy,

Drenovade's Avatar


Drenovade
07.21.2019 , 12:53 PM | #2
Hacking seems to be a common practice in SWTOR PvP. I see it happen fairly often in warzones. You can report players for hacking, but I'm not sure any mods or GMs take any action against them. Not sure if it's hard to investigate/prove, or not enough players report it, so it doesn't become high priority for them to deal with or something.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards, Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

carruck's Avatar


carruck
07.22.2019 , 06:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xdandeman View Post
It's great rewards for doing PVP even though it has no legitimacy, Hacking is the game , now heal hacks seem to be most obvious, SWTOR knows it, and doesn't really care, but why not reward the legitimate players for going along, the loot is good, generally the worst part is that since the hackers can't be killed it's hard to get medals for conquest, and if you aren't a DPS with healing ability it's impossible. THis is just stupid pro hacker idiot pvp thinking, think of subscribers who would like to participate in something, the people who pay to play. too much reward is given to hackers not legit players. I don't know what you get from hitting IDK or ILM and playing GOd mode, they are pathetic antisocial low IQ morons for the most part , but why encourage them when you should be supporting the revenue generators.?
Also; sometimes you get medals if your side wins, sometimes not, so you don't know if you should try and win or just get DPS for medals, and of course stealthers and medics wont even get that, If you are going to keep having mostly Hackball events (usually totally hacked) then why not lower the dps requirements and medals for winners all the time? While the other matches besides Hackball are more fun and even Don't see why most pvp matches are hack ball.
Also noteworthy that while my stealther died several times actually attacking the enemy cannon he got no attacker medals, since he doesn't do dps. so no 8 medals for him, SWTOR wants DPS and Kills not strategy,
Seems like your issue is one of the "get good" variety. To put it simply, knowing how to play the game is not cheating. A dps class without heals, e.g: sniper (not counting roll/crouch/medpack), can easily get 8 medals in a pvp match.
When you say "can't be killed" do you mean they're 100% immune to damage? or that simply you're not dealing enough damage to kill them, there is a big difference.
Bottom line it does seem you just have an L2P problem. good luck

Baraxis's Avatar


Baraxis
07.23.2019 , 11:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by carruck View Post
Seems like your issue is one of the "get good" variety. To put it simply, knowing how to play the game is not cheating. A dps class without heals, e.g: sniper (not counting roll/crouch/medpack), can easily get 8 medals in a pvp match.
When you say "can't be killed" do you mean they're 100% immune to damage? or that simply you're not dealing enough damage to kill them, there is a big difference.
Bottom line it does seem you just have an L2P problem. good luck
Why would you write something like that when we all see the hacking weekly...it's not a matter of not being good enough, its a matter of a non level playing field. Cheating is cheating....

carruck's Avatar


carruck
07.24.2019 , 11:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Baraxis View Post
Why would you write something like that when we all see the hacking weekly...it's not a matter of not being good enough, its a matter of a non level playing field. Cheating is cheating....
If someone gets globalled in a warzone, obviously that's cheating. If someone isn't good enough to kill someone else, yes that's also cheating.
No I am not saying that no one in the game hacks, there are few that do hack. but not nearly to the extent that most people think. The guy's original post looks like it came from the point of view of a noob. You say "we all see the hacking weekly..." Please give me an example of this hacking, or better yet a video with proof.