Swoop Races, Pazaak, and Cartel Market

OrionSol

Dear Developers.

Please consider the following additional to SWTOR.

Swoop Races - I'd love to see tracks set up on most planets, designed similarly to how they were in Kotor 1 and 2. However, we could buy or assemble different swoops. We could ad parts that augment speed, control, or damage mitigation (because what is a swoop race without potential death)

Tracks could have speed boost areas, buffs that would help heal your swoop or harm your competitors. There should also be hazards. Sludge pipes, fire, acid, angry tusken raiders, Jawas who've had 1 too many Jawa Juice's.

There could be practice runs, individual speed runs, and group runs. Practice runs, to get to know the track. small credit fee to do so. Individual speed runs could be to post solo speed times up against others on the server. Reset it weekly on Tuesday. Group runs would be where you run a race with other people on the same track. Large entry fee. (say 100k to 1 million credits) winner takes all.

Pazaak - I would love to be able to play against NPCs in Cantina's around the galaxy.... or even match up inside a queue and play against other players.

We could do this alot like the original Pazaak in Kotor 1 and 2, and also like the SWG card game they had.

People could bet credits, cards, or even items. You could arrange tournament events etc.

and last, how does the Cartel Market come into play? You could offer many of these items like swoop parts, bikes, paint jobs, and Pazaak cards from the Cartel Market. After all, EA the Hutt needs to be paid.

Do it!

and last, how does the Cartel Market come into play? You could offer many of these items like swoop parts, bikes, paint jobs, and Pazaak cards from the Cartel Market. After all, EA the Hutt needs to be paid.

Please no... just.... no... I'm all for offering up skins and paint jobs on the cartel market, and even more for swoop racing and pazaak, but please... don't add a damned p2w element which this game is one of the only EA games to avoid anymore. Encourage playing and enjoyment of the game and mode, not taking out a 5 or maybe even $20 and giving EA the rest of your wallet to win or for further upgrades.

After 6+ years ----> broken record... been discussed and suggested at length many times.

OP..... go to the suggestion forum with this.... better yet.. just fluff up one of the many prior threads about the topic there and place your very own personal stamp of demands in it.

Please no... just.... no... I'm all for offering up skins and paint jobs on the cartel market, and even more for swoop racing and pazaak, but please... don't add a damned p2w element which this game is one of the only EA games to avoid anymore. Encourage playing and enjoyment of the game and mode, not taking out a 5 or maybe even $20 and giving EA the rest of your wallet to win or for further upgrades.

I agree.

IF... and it's a big IF... they ever put in any of these games.. it will be for entertainment only and it will be very much like the Slot Machine event in all likelihood ... where you buy tokens and get vendor specific tokens and random rewards in return (which are not tradable) and play against the house. I really do not see them ever doing something that pits player against player for winnings.

Edited by Andryah

Pazaak - I would love to be able to play against NPCs in Cantina's around the galaxy.... or even match up inside a queue and play against other players.

We could do this alot like the original Pazaak in Kotor 1 and 2, and also like the SWG card game they had.

People could bet credits, cards, or even items. You could arrange tournament events etc.

Do it!

I *HEARD* somewhere that it would not be realistic to put Pazaak into this game because it would essentially be gambling.

Whether it's true or whether that idea that Pazaak in game could be a form of gambling, I don't know.

That's just what I *HEARD*. And, especially given the incident with BF2 and lootboxes, I would think EA would want to avoid anything that could be construed as gambling in their games, at least for the time being.

Btw, I personally think some type of in game swoop bike racing could be a nice addition. It would be another type of PvP, player vs. player, rather than just "go kill each other." But, as someone said before, making it pay to win would be a no-no.

I think it's a great idea, despite what I just said. But, me personally, I'm not holding my breath.

Off topic a little, I kinda wish, if it were possible, someone (not EA) would make a Star Wars "Sandpark" MMO, maybe be a spiritual successor to both SWG (which, even though I never played, I was a very "sandboxy" MMO) and SWTOR. So, if you'd rather be Uncle Owen on a moister farm maybe just raising crops and defending your homestead against tusken raiders, you could. Or, if you wanted to be a Sith War Hero in the midst of battle all the time, you could.

I bring this up because Pazaak and swoop bike racing in game both sounds like they could fall into the category of "sandpark" features.

But, I digress. I'm getting too far off topic. :)

I *HEARD* somewhere that it would not be realistic to put Pazaak into this game because it would essentially be gambling.

Whether it's true or whether that idea that Pazaak in game could be a form of gambling, I don't know.

That's just what I *HEARD*. And, especially given the incident with BF2 and lootboxes, I would think EA would want to avoid anything that could be construed as gambling in their games, at least for the time being.

I remember a fragment of this rumor, something about Disney not allowing it, but even then I don't think Disney would really care. POTCO - Pirates of the Caribbean Online, had Blackjack and Poker which was made by Disney themselves, and while this was like 11 years since it released, I didn't see Disney crack down on it one bit or really care, and it ended up being the one way to "trade" money in that game.

I remember a fragment of this rumor, something about Disney not allowing it, but even then I don't think Disney would really care. POTCO - Pirates of the Caribbean Online, had Blackjack and Poker which was made by Disney themselves, and while this was like 11 years since it released, I didn't see Disney crack down on it one bit or really care, and it ended up being the one way to "trade" money in that game.

Yeah.. that rumor based point is invalid as you have to do something very specific in order to actually cross the gambling threshold in any legal sense. You have to do all of the following to cross that threshold:

1) require real money to "buy in" to play

2) you have to have the chance that a player gets nothing for "taking the chance"

3) you have to have a method for players to "cash out" back to real money.

Thing is... there is an MMO (Entropia) that essentially does the above and it is both legal and popular... so I guess even these parameters are a not very valid.

If you want to pursue more information along these lines.. I would suggest starting here: https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/463796/mmos-that-allow-real-money-trading

Edited by Andryah