How to get schematics for LVL55

Myrdovar

Hello, SWTOR is my first MMO and I still have to figure out some of the game mechanics..

However, I managed to reach lvl 55 now. Also, after reading crafting guides etc, I managed to max out all my crew skills (Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading).

I can craft Lvl 53 mods and Armoring now (for example Might Armoring 28) - but where do I get the schematics for Lvl 55 ?

The Crew Skill Trainer doesn't sell them. Funnny is, some mods are even for Lvl54 now - but I don't remember how I got the Schematics for them.

I know learning Protottype (Blue) Schems is by Reverse Engineering green Ones. But I do not even find equipment with "green" Lvl55.

So, where do I find proper loot I can RE? Or is there another way to learn "higher" Schematica?

Hello, SWTOR is my first MMO and I still have to figure out some of the game mechanics..

However, I managed to reach lvl 55 now. Also, after reading crafting guides etc, I managed to max out all my crew skills (Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading).

I can craft Lvl 53 mods and Armoring now (for example Might Armoring 28) - but where do I get the schematics for Lvl 55 ?

The Crew Skill Trainer doesn't sell them. Funnny is, some mods are even for Lvl54 now - but I don't remember how I got the Schematics for them.

I know learning Protottype (Blue) Schems is by Reverse Engineering green Ones. But I do not even find equipment with "green" Lvl55.

So, where do I find proper loot I can RE? Or is there another way to learn "higher" Schematica?

Currently the "highest" schematics you can get in the game come from RE the basic, elite, and ultimate comms gear you buy from the fleet supplies area vendors. More specifically, the armor plate, mod, and enhancement modification you rip out. since these require different crafting skills, the standard practice is to install them in a piece of legacy gear and send to an alt that has the required skill.

you can also buy schematics in the crew skill area of the fleet from a vendor called Basic Commendations Schematics vendor.

Edited by DimmuJanKaarl

Well, thanks for the answer - I see how I can upgrade my Char with gear from the vendor on the Fleet.

Still, the vendor and all drops I found on Makeb or Oricon (unfinished yet) give me only gear with "purple" (Artifact) mods.

When I rip out their mods, RE only provides me with material, no research available.

What I want is an Item Mod of "green" oder "blue" (Prototype) Qualitty higher than grade 28.

Because until now, I learned to craft, for example "Might Armoring 28" (for lvl 53 chars) from the Skill Trainer in "green" quality. Then I RE'd them until I got the blue schem "Might Armoring 28". I crafted blue Might Armoring 28 until I got the purple version (lots of money and farming of material included).

But now, I can't find any way green or blue Item Mods, say, Might Armoring 31, to RE.

Are they hidden somewhere on Oricon or Makeb? Or Dailes I haven't found yet?

Then I have just not been lucky so far. No drops with "blue" mods so far.

Are the mods in Basic Equipment (from Vendor)? Reusable (ie, i may rip out thr mods and put them in my favorite chest piece)?

I got one purple robe from a quest at Oricon, paid a lot of credits to extract the mods - and then I couldnt put them in the gear I was wearing - it said the mods were resrticted or something.

Don't want to spend 250+ Basic Comms to find out..

What I want is an Item Mod of "green" oder "blue" (Prototype) Qualitty higher than grade 28.

Are they hidden somewhere on Oricon or Makeb? Or Dailes I haven't found yet?

No.

They do not exist.

As people have said, you have to RE purple bits past grade 28 to get schematics for those same purple bits. You will have a 20% chance of success on each RE.

Armoring that is pulled out of an armor piece (at that grade) will only fit into an armor piece (or weapon, actually) of the same type. Main hand hilt will only go into a main hand weapon. Armoring from a robe will only fit into a chest piece. Mods and enhancements are not restricted like this, however, and can be put into any piece you want.

No.

They do not exist.

As people have said, you have to RE purple bits past grade 28 to get schematics for those same purple bits. You will have a 20% chance of success on each RE.

Armoring that is pulled out of an armor piece (at that grade) will only fit into an armor piece (or weapon, actually) of the same type. Main hand hilt will only go into a main hand weapon. Armoring from a robe will only fit into a chest piece. Mods and enhancements are not restricted like this, however, and can be put into any piece you want.

Exactly. also iirc none of the armor piece schematics are worth buying from the basis comms schematic vendor. those are stats-only with no separate mods. I'm not sure how they compare to basic comms gear from the ops vendors, but I'm guessing your comms are better spent over there.

once you have the grade 66 armor, mods, and enhancements -- they kind of screwed crafters here because they are given for free as mission rewards on oricon (fully loaded armor) -- the next thing to concentrate on is 69 grade from basic comms vendors then 72 grade from elite. my opinion is that the 69 gear isn't very worthwhile to RE and craft because by the time you finally learn all those schematics and getting enough mats for them you'll be in all 72s from all the elite comms you'll get (remember you HAVE to spend your comms lest you hit the cap). not only that, in endgame gearing it's much more important that you get your 4 set bonus armor plates and those can't be crafted. tbh the only crafting I've done is maybe 1 grade-72 mod and 1 grade 72 enhancement for the purpose of min/maxing my stats. other than my set bonus plates i'll be in all 78 gear.

honestly I'm feeling very cynical about crafting in this game. I was so proud when I was finally able to craft full 66 sets for all my toons, which used to be very viable gear to get right into ops and hm fps and now it's just beginner throw-away gear that barely gets you by (enough for hm fp's and hm 50 ops) and the devs did nothing for crafters who don't run ops who want to gear characters by crafting. 69s really are the starter gear for ops (unless you are with a well-geared group and you know the fights well) and they should have allowed 69 schematics to be purchased directly.

bottom line: when you get to 55, biochem is the only worthwhile crafting in the game except maybe the couple for main stat 28 augments. my plan is to craft augs for every toon then switch them all to biochem. I'm constantly maxed on elite comms so it takes far less time to get the comms to buy all the 72s you need than it does to get anywhere close to crafting them. I'm at the point now where my alts are all getting geared in 72s without ever having run a single op on them because I'm buying the gear so fast with my main :/

To Obtain the better schematics, you need to Reverse Engineer the Grade 69, 72, and 78 pieces. Those are ALL purple quality. you have a 20% Chance per RE to get the schematic. Personally, your time is better spent getting the comms for the Armor pieces, unless you want to just RE the armoring till you get one, and take like 30 hours getting the matereals to make one. But, crafting CAN be a rewarding experience, especially in crafting MK-9 Augment Kits and the MK-9 Augments, both of those go on the GTN for massive amounts of money, like upwards of 100k per Augment kit and 250k per Augment (purple quality) on The Harbinger. So, most of your money will be in crafting Augment Kits and Augments.

To Obtain the better schematics, you need to Reverse Engineer the Grade 69, 72, and 78 pieces. Those are ALL purple quality. you have a 20% Chance per RE to get the schematic. Personally, your time is better spent getting the comms for the Armor pieces, unless you want to just RE the armoring till you get one, and take like 30 hours getting the matereals to make one. But, crafting CAN be a rewarding experience, especially in crafting MK-9 Augment Kits and the MK-9 Augments, both of those go on the GTN for massive amounts of money, like upwards of 100k per Augment kit and 250k per Augment (purple quality) on The Harbinger. So, most of your money will be in crafting Augment Kits and Augments.

pretty sure you can't RE 78s. I did mention augments previously. right now those are the only thing that is keeping non-biochem viable imo. it's just too easy to get 78 pieces nowadays.