Four Crew Skills! (BUG?)

antilleschris

Hey, has anyone else seen this? I searched around, and couldn't find anything.

Switching between two characters, I keep getting 4 crew skills per character - seems to "borrow" a skill from the other character. I've included a link to a screen shot showing what I'm seeing. The missions listed seem to actually just be whatever last real skill I had selected, but still, weird.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14bqe0i.png

Do they all work? If so... shhh lol j/k

I have never heard of that before personally. Awesome bug imo if they all work...

Unfortunately, they do not all work, or I might not have posted it. ;)

If I try and do a mission that I "borrowed" they actually go on a mission of whatever I last selected that I actually do have.

The two times I have seen this happen where after I had untrained an existing crew skill and trained a new one. If I untrained skills that where at the bottom of the list in my crew menu I had no problems - but if I untrained a skill in the middle or at the top of the list the list display would get screwed up.

Is clearly some odd kind of bug with the crew skill list in memory not getting updated correctly all the time - as far as I can tell logging out and then back in cleared it up, which is why I think its a bug with the in memory display more than a bug in your permanent crew skill list.

The bug shows up in many ways - if you untrain a skill in the middle of the list and then wait a while before learning a new skill sometimes the old one re-appears but is unusuable, cannot be untrained and the game thinks you have all your skill slots filled. As I mentioned, logging out fixed it.

There seems to be a large class of bugs where item/skill/whatever info in memory is not getting updated correctly when you change things and doing something to force the game to reload the info clears it up. Sometimes its just a display issue and you can refresh the display (ctr+u+u I think?) to fix it, sometimes you have to log out/in to fix it.

I'm having the same issue. In my case, I untrained the middle skill and the bottom one disappeared. Since I wanted to untrain that one too I wasn't too worried about it. Now I see slicing from my trooper on my consular and diplomacy from my consular on my trooper. It's functional as long as you don't select the skill you don't have.

Theoretically, if it's a problem with one of the skills not be deleted I could attempt to untrain slicing on my consular. Since that seems to be the source of the problem. I guess I'm hesitant to try this as I'm concerned it will bug and I'd lose slicing on my trooper. I might get the nerve to try that tomorrow.

I just tried to untrain it the 'extra' crew skill. It won't let me. It says 'unknown crew skill.' But they were nice enough to give a generic message about all their bugs. This is the first one that's honestly become a problem and I don't know if they're actually going to fix it. I want to abandon bioanalysis on my Trooper but that one is at the top and I don't want to lose scavaging and slicing.

Disappointing, they need to fix this. I'm going to keep submitting tickets until they do.

Edited by Thunderslap

Same problem here! Learned Cybertech, Scavenging, and Underworld Trading on my new smuggler. Went I went to play my trooper, he's go Armstech, Scavenging, Slicing, and Underworld Trading :)

If I try to do anything with Underworld Trading it just says "undefined"

I bug reported this in-game several days ago and there appears to be an open ticket on it. My ticket was closed but another one I didn't write was added to my ticket list.

The additional skill I see is almost always Archeology.

It's more of a graphical bug than anything but hopefully they take care of it.

Well now I know why I can't unlearn Treasure Hunting on my new Trooper and learn a gathering skill. I have the bug but it's taking up the gathering slot.

I was looking at all the trainers for the codex xp and when I went to learn scavenging it told me to unlearn another skill first. I have Treasure Hunting at 0/400 and I can't unlearn it. When I click the little x it says undefined. : (

Also having the same problem. Minimap only showing scavenging, even though it's 0/400, and I want to see the archeology finds but can't. Getting pretty furious about it as it's putting me way behind, and will force me to waste my time grinding mats on low level planets for mats and skillups.

Add me to the bug list of +1 (total of 4) listed crew skills..

I was switching between characters, sending companions on missions and noticed this problem show up on one of my characters. I haven't gone back to research, but I know this happened to me before and I unlearned and learned.. this is not an option now. If I hit unlearn on the one I don't actually have, it gives and error (red font on screen) stating Unknown crew skill.

Fix plz.

It's not purely visual.

One of my lowbie chars who hadn't picked up crew skills now can't pick up a third, because the "ghost" skill is taking up a slot - yet it can't be used and it can't be untrained (error: undefined skill).

Logging out didn't help this. Hoping a client restart (or waiting) might. As an altoholic, I'm concerned that any new chars I make will also be affected by this and unable to pick up the actual third crew skill they really want. :/

It's not purely visual.

One of my lowbie chars who hadn't picked up crew skills now can't pick up a third, because the "ghost" skill is taking up a slot - yet it can't be used and it can't be untrained (error: undefined skill).

Logging out didn't help this. Hoping a client restart (or waiting) might. As an altoholic, I'm concerned that any new chars I make will also be affected by this and unable to pick up the actual third crew skill they really want. :/

I have the same problem, really annoying.

I only just picked up Slicing, and, between the nerf, and the ready availability of augments and schematics on the GTN, decided to drop it in favor of Underworld Trading. And... now I have four skills listed; the three I should have, plus Slicing still displayed at 0/400. It's not a big concern for me right now, as it only -just- happened (I haven't even tested yet if logging out and back in will resolve it), but even so, figured I should add my name to the list of people who've run into this. It'd be awesome if I could actually use it still...! But, since I can't, a fix to remove it properly would be appreciated. Edited by Rogue_Kitsune