New slot on gear fixes everything! Set bonus

Nanfoodle

We currently have 2-4 slots to mod on each gear and its rendered useless at 50 because of set bonuses and no one wants to use orange items any more or crafted goods. What if there was a slot for set bonuses so you could remove it from a purple and add it to a orange item you like? What if crafters could also make set bonus set mods? Even if it was only a level 50 thing. I dont know, I think this could solve a lot of problems. What do you think? Any ways to improve on this simple idea?

Some kind of mod whose stats amiplify the more you have equipped, perhaps? Would probably have to be armoring, since that's the slot unique to orange armors. Of course, cybertech probably doesn't need the help, so maybe these should be some other skill's purview.

Possibly an armoring with a slot for armorings? It gets its stats from the cybertech armoing inserted in it, and is then put into the armor's armoring slot. Maybe vice versa, as an augment type? I dunno.

Edited by Randomness

Some kind of mod whose stats amiplify the more you have equipped, perhaps? Would probably have to be armoring, since that's the slot unique to orange armors.

I am talking about a whole new slot. Call it an artifact slot. Getting every purple in a set you could remove the set bonus mods and put it in an orange of your picking. Also if crafters could make them, you get a friend or buy off the auction house a set of set bonus mods and add it to your orange item. Sure the crafted ones would be less powerful then the drop because thats how crafters are treated. =-)

Edited by Nanfoodle

I'm excited about the fact they will be making all end game gear moddable, Cause I hate the way champs and battlemasters look, I want what I found and love, I don't really care about the set bonuses as they're practically non existent anyway.