Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frontline Medicine: Combat Medic PVP Strategies and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Frontline Medicine: Combat Medic PVP Strategies and Tips

vadess
03.18.2014 , 08:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxidsed View Post
Hammer shot is a base ability you get at Level 1. Combat Support Cell is what gives your hammershot the abilitiy to heal allies. You get it at L14, it is an ability, it is not a talent. This is the cell that should be equipped at all times if you are healing and putting points in the medic tree.
Should be spamming hammer shot inbetween other skills whenever you are not doing anything else, it is free, but lowest priority ability.
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I already use that skill so all good.

Oxidsed
03.18.2014 , 10:11 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by vadess View Post
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I already use that skill so all good.
You're welcome... and I would say good luck, but given I play Imp side Bounty Hunter, I hope (in pvp at least).... we beat you lots!...If you play PVE, goodluck!

Bughugger
06.25.2014 , 09:36 AM | #43
Does anyone have new recommended crit/surge/alacrity ratings for full optimized brutalizer gear?

vadess
06.25.2014 , 04:15 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxidsed View Post
You're welcome... and I would say good luck, but given I play Imp side Bounty Hunter, I hope (in pvp at least).... we beat you lots!...If you play PVE, goodluck!
I'm on imp side with a merc now, so can't wait to fight along side you.

SpaniardInfinity
12.03.2014 , 12:18 AM | #45
Howdy all,

For anyone still scampering around this thread for PVP help for Combat Medics, I plan on updating this guide over the coming weeks to account for all the major changes to Commando healing in Update 3.0.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

CarpeCervesi
12.05.2014 , 06:10 PM | #46
They completely ruined the merc bodyguard.

I know it may not seem like a lot, but the removal of rapid shots as a healing tools has completely ruined the class. my recent numbers from parsec show at least a 25% loss of healing power than before 3.0. Great work on ruining the best class in the game
May there always be beer in your glass

TrigPt
12.11.2014 , 05:16 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeCervesi View Post
They completely ruined the merc bodyguard.

I know it may not seem like a lot, but the removal of rapid shots as a healing tools has completely ruined the class. my recent numbers from parsec show at least a 25% loss of healing power than before 3.0. Great work on ruining the best class in the game
Add Kolto shot to your hotbar and try out the skill, it may make you reconsider.

XxHazenxX
01.31.2015 , 05:53 AM | #48
I'm about to finish leveling my merc since he's been sitting around at level 35 for months and months and was wondering if it's viable to level with the Bodyguard discipline. I haven't touched him since way before 3.0, but he was originally intended to be my healer character. Should I level using Arsenal and then switch at 60, or just go with Bodyguard?
SWG-Flurry
<DFR> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <DFR>
July 10, 2004 - December 15, 2011

mlambros
02.02.2015 , 09:58 AM | #49
Is there a translated version of this guide for Mercs?
Zeuxis (Jug) | Calvinus (Merc) | Ton-ya (Mara)
Mardonius (Sin) | Michail (Sorc) | Zheina (Op)
Hesiodos (Grd) | Kodros (Sage) | Pausanias (VG)

SpaniardInfinity
02.02.2015 , 07:20 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by mlambros View Post
Is there a translated version of this guide for Mercs?
That I have done, no. However, I am playing my Mercenary as my main now, so I actually had to look up most of the new ability/utility/skill names because I hadn't even leveled my Commando to Level 60. Fortunately, Commando and Mercenary share the same forum now (when I first made this guide they were separate), so I can look into adding the Mercenary "translations" along side the Commando names.

It might take a week or so considering my work schedule, but it should be doable.

Quote: Originally Posted by XxHazenxX View Post
I'm about to finish leveling my merc since he's been sitting around at level 35 for months and months and was wondering if it's viable to level with the Bodyguard discipline. I haven't touched him since way before 3.0, but he was originally intended to be my healer character. Should I level using Arsenal and then switch at 60, or just go with Bodyguard?
For PVP, I always found Bodyguard/Combat Medic healing really unforgiving in the lower and middle PVP brackets. Mostly because of ammo/heat management. I think it's still going to be harsh, at least until Field Triage at Level 40. But to be honest, I haven't gone through the leveling curve as a Bodyguard or Combat Medic since Patch 2.5 (except from Level 55 to 60, obviously), so it may be easier with the changes in the Discipline. I don't know for sure because I haven't done it.

I will say that while leveling between 55 to 60, though, I definitely noticed the cost of Kolto Bomb/Missile. That was one of my most used heals, and now its cost is the same as Advanced Medical Probe/Healing Scan and Medical Probe/Rapid Scan by default. Successive Treatment/Scan takes the edge off, but I still felt the relief when Kolto Bomb/Missile had its cost reduced by 5 at Level 59.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>