Running on a weak computer

Mojoskye

OK, so I don't have any problems at all running the game on my pc at 1900x1200, with all the settings as high as they will go. I also have a little gutless laptop that I use mainly for work, and the other day I was curious just to see what SWTOR would look like on it, and if it would even run at all. I was actually pleasantly surprised. Of course I dropped all the settings to the lowest they would go, no detail, no shadows, etc. I am running it at 1366x768 res. Interestingly, I'm still getting frame rates approaching 20, and although the graphics suck in comparison, it is actually playable in many cases. In my opinion, not good enough for playing, but perfectly acceptable for sitting around doing crafting stuff. Oh yeah, load times are longer, visuals are poor, but I couldn't believe that it actually allowed me to install and run it with the specs my laptop has. Here are those specs:

Acer Aspire 5734Z-4725

Intel Pentium T4500 (this is a dual core, but nowhere near as good as a core 2 duo. It runs at 2.3 Ghz)

3 gigs ram (DDR 3)

Intel GMA 4500M graphics (No, really! Probably one of the worst graphic boards I have ever seen. No onboard ram - all shared with system ram, and I haven't found a game from the last few years that works well at all. Even Facebook games are a little slower than they should be, although playable with no problems.)

Windows 7 Home (memory eater)

Crappy little single speaker, but Realtek audio works ok with headphones.

Windows Experience Index Scores:

Base score 3.3 (based on graphics card)

Processor calcs per sec: 5.8

Memory ops per sec: 5.5

Graphics performance for Aero: 3.4

Gaming Graphics: 3.3

Disk transfer rate: 5.9

So anyway, I'm pleased to know that my little old gutless laptop can actually run SWTOR well enough for me to work on crafting whenever I want. Heh, I even successfully completed a space mission on it! I was just surprised by this and wonder how many other folks out there have weaker secondary computers that they aren't using for the game just because they didn't think it would run. I remember when I purchased EQ2 when it first came out, and it wouldn't even install on the computer I had then because my graphics card wasn't powerful enough! I had to go out and buy a new one before it would let me past the splash screen. If I can run SWTOR on this laptop, it should run on practically anything!