Deception or Madness for leveling?

KidPunkStar

So, I've had my Assassin up on a shelf for a while now. Originally I had played him as Deception and still do. I keep reading that Madness is better for certain things... But, I have yet to compare the 2 dps wise for leveling, much less end-game. So, I'm just curious as to everyone's thoughts as to what is better for dps to level with? I'm currently 34, and familiar with the Deception tree. My 50 sorc is still the Hybrid Madness/Lightning spec, mainly because I like how it feels, compared to full madness or full Lightning, which I heard lightning was better dps right now...

Either way, what is better for leveling Deception or Madness?

I would say madness. I never did like decp.

I run an old fashion 23/1/17 spec. Death Field is a really awesome ability. I spec in madness for that ability alone.

This spec really gear dependent, you're pveing. But I've lvl'ed my assassins with mostly warzones. For PVE I would recommend madness or full darkness.

Do Deception for leveling. The burst of Deception allows you to one and two shot lowbie mobs and work through 4-5 of them pretty quick with Khem tanking. Madness isn't necessarily a bad way to go but DF only hits 3 and on a long cd so you wont burn through big groups very fast. Madness however will take out elites much easier due to the dots really being able to shine as they stay for full duration.

But with every AC in this game, its best to just try one for a couple levels and then switch to the other. Find out which is funnest for you to play.