If I had a credit for every time a credit spammer spammed me...

Guildrum

Oh wait, I do.

What the heck is up with this? I mean, I regularly get mail from credit spammers sending me to some dumb website. I of course, ignore it, but I always send a reply and a thank you for the 1 credit. Why are they all sending me a credit too? It's just odd.

also, realize that sending a reply makes it super easy for them to just reply again, not really helping yourself there, just making urself more of a target, use the "report as spam" button i have only gotten about 2 mails per toon!

You know that 1 credit just cost you 4?

^^

LOL! Love how players don't realize they are spending more than they just got. :p

Honestly, I find it very annoying getting these mails. Nothing like being out questing and seeing a notice pop up that you got mail, getting all excited for what you got and when you finally check, it's spam. I report them all, but really, why can't companies get these spammers blocked?

I have to say this game makes the need to buy credits not really all that important, and thereby not really a viable source for these farmers.

And compared to other games, credit spammers are almost nonexistent. So in the last 3.5 months of release, I have received approximately 5. That is pretty good if you ask me. I remember in Aion the general chat spam and the mail spam was overwhelming.

Collect the credit, file a report. Bioware has a 30-man team dedicated towards fighting gold farmers, and compared to other MMOs the level of spam has been next to nothing. This is a real success story, relatively speaking.

comparitivly, Bioware is doing an awesome job

This...

I have relatively limited experience with MMOs and have played only two, other than SWTOR, for any great length of time. The experiences I've had with credit/gold farmers in TOR pale considerably in comparison with those I've had in the other games.

Many other things in this game may be messed up, some royally. But the folks running the SWTOR show have made it super easy to report farmers and are doing a wonderful job in dealing with them... so much so that, more often than not, when I log in and check my mail for the first time each day, any spam mails I may have received were sent by a character that has been deleted. And only once have I seen a farmer spam in chat. I reported the DADS and he was dealt with quite quickly.

Fade to Black...