5.1: Change to gamma settings or brightness?

Mubrak

Is it just me or is everything a bit brighter in 5.1?

I changed gamma to 98% and it seems about right so far, but please note such changes in the patch notes, and best tell us how to undo them.

Same with the "vibrant colors" that 5.0 reactivated (again) I'm glad "AllowColorRemapping = false" in the client_settings.ini still works, but it took me a while to find the reason of the weird coloring. (At least this time I haven't completely messed up my monitor settings :D)

Don't do this to me, Bioware.

Edited by Mubrak

Funny you should mention that as I recall a couple 5.0 threads saying the game had gotten darker. Especially in the character select screen. I wonder if they changed something back.

I had disabled the color oversaturation since maybe two hours after it was introduced in 2.3, so when 5.0 reactivated it, I first and foremost blamed that for any changes I noticed. Yes the character selection was darker than before, but I thought that was by design. Today everything seemed to be brighter ingame, or did I just get used to everything being a bit darker since 5.0 and now it's back to normal? Am I spending too much time in game that i notice such minimal changes?

:rak_02:

Edited by Mubrak