Can we get a target date for 2.2.1?

JaceMatai

They could simply release the transfers for the people who don't give one about the achievements with the Caution that they would bug your achievements so you guys can wait untill whenever the **** they're going to release them. SIMPLE AS THAT BIOWARE.
And then be deluged with help tickets from people that didn't see the warning or didn't fully understand it or thought that they didn't care but do now.

Seriously, you haven't been able to transfer a character for a year and a half... waiting a couple more weeks while they fix the system isn't going to kill you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 months = Dead.

I am always hesitant to claim this, however, this is the worst case of "ignore the people" i have ever seen. People are running away in flocks. There will always be a base of people playing, however, with the road they are going down, there will be empty servers and a non-existent qty of SUBS in no time flat.

Too much competition and too many other games with just the core basic features this game lacks and has no interest at all in implementing. They were doing server transfers a year ago, and are doing it to date. The worst thing about blowing smoke saying you can't do something, is not even try to hide to fact that you can.

Server Transfer FAIL!!! even worse, you wont even say when you will make it available... "possibly in 2.2.1 but maybe not"

Famous BioWare Quote "We are looking into it, it is something we want to do. However we do not have a time when it will be available"

Every single player is tired of hearing this nonsense. Oh hey look more Cartel Market stuff...

And then be deluged with help tickets from people that didn't see the warning or didn't fully understand it or thought that they didn't care but do now.

Seriously, you haven't been able to transfer a character for a year and a half... waiting a couple more weeks while they fix the system isn't going to kill you.

If they make the frikkin' caution they make it big and click a "Help" button right next to it for further explanation. It's really very simple.

Hey folks,

I just posted here, the current target date for 2.2.1 is 6/25. One thing I wanted to stress is that it is not a guarantee that transfers will be in 2.2.1. It is our goal to get them to all of you as fast as we can as a part of 2.2.1, but we will not release it until it is working correctly.

-eric

You better figure this out before the end of August. The interns in Austin who program this game will have to go back to college around that time.

Edited by EnzoForMe

here's a bit of conjecture on my part.. since the server merges a year ago demonstrated transfers are possible, and the current APAC transfers going on demonstrate that the tech is such that you can transfer your toon anywhere you wish provided BW will allow you to (I had 2 APAC toons that I transferred to POT5 just so I could test the system - it was instantaneous and worked fine)

my logic is such that the only reason they didn't releast PAID transfers with 2.2 was that the "PAID part of the equasion was what was really borked.

merges worked fine a year ago, free transfers work fine currently and it doesn't seem to matter whether the acheive system as-is is a big deal with the APAC servers. when you take into account BW's total focus on Cartel Market, microtransactions and cash shop since 1.5.. it would stand to reason the only thing that would keep paid-transfers from going live is there was a problem getting paid for them on BW's end.

also keeping with their history of not telling players the truth or keeping us informed of course it will be blamed on acheivements and not the honest "we couldn't figure out how to get the cartel coins to work and the coding is borked so give us a couple days/weeks so we can figure it out cause we sure as heck aren't going to let you do this for free! we need to get paid *****es !!!!

free transfers work fine currently

So, I take it you don't care about anyone but yourself? You had 2 toons moved fine.

DOZENS of people ran into MULTIPLE problems when trying to transfer APAC toons. The problems are absolutely real, and need to be fixed before they make people PAY for the service.

End of story.

Aww . . . well, thanks for keeping us posted at least, Eric. Though I don't really care much about achievements I know a lot of people do and I'd hate to see that get messed up.

I am disappointed that this is taking so long though. I was so excited to transfer my characters, and wouldn't have minded if it was just a minor delay due to an unexpected bug like patch 2.2 had, or even if it was a "Yes, we have almost fixed this problem and are sure we can get this in 2.2.1". And I would have felt less let down if they had told us about the delay earlier. The day before the patch I figured it must be a go for sure. But nope. :(

I really, really hope they make it in with 2.2.1. Since there is no attractive price option for transferring in "bulk", I will be rerolling a couple of mid-level characters on my new server and don't want to miss out on double XP weekends for it. Said characters require Legacy unlocks to create though and I do not have those unlocks on my new server (nor can I afford them there, and I'm not spending 1200 CC for unlocks I already have, anyway!).

Edited by Gwena

Hey folks,

I just posted here, the current target date for 2.2.1 is 6/25. One thing I wanted to stress is that it is not a guarantee that transfers will be in 2.2.1. It is our goal to get them to all of you as fast as we can as a part of 2.2.1, but we will not release it until it is working correctly.

-eric

So I'm suspended from the game until then? Thanks for letting me know in advance.

I LOVE how much people cry about something being released with bugs.

And how much the same people cry when something ISN'T released because of bugs.

:rak_02:What is wrong with humanity:rak_02:

Humanity is made up of individuals, each with their own set of desires, needs, faults, and foibles. That's all.

And the reason people are upset with this delay is because this is a delay since, roughly last year when they consolidated servers and said paid transfers would be coming 'soon.' And then we waited, and waited, and waited. And then, yay! 2.2 transfers are coming! And then just before, nope, sorry, you have to wait weeks more. Not a day or so, but weeks. It's...frustrating to say the least.

I get why they're not releasing it, and I'd prefer it to be working smoothly before deployment, but the delay is just kind of mind-boggling at this point.

Edited by iamthehoyden

Humanity is made up of individuals, each with their own set of desires, needs, faults, and foibles. That's all.

I get why they're not releasing it, and I'd prefer it to be working smoothly before deployment, but the delay is just kind of mind-boggling at this point.

I understand the annoyance -- there clearly isn't a team of seasoned developers working on this game. It is 100% understandable that we still haven't gotten them -- but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

As far as individuals -- when the same individual screams all the time, they deserve the ridicule. Especially when being so hypocritical.

there clearly isn't a team of seasoned developers working on this game.

Dramatic assumptions are great. I have no clue whose on the team working on this game and their experience level, but delaying something like server transfers until they work properly is in fact evidence *of* seasoned developers rather than the opposite.

I understand the annoyance -- there clearly isn't a team of seasoned developers working on this game. It is 100% understandable that we still haven't gotten them -- but that doesn't mean we have to like it.

As far as individuals -- when the same individual screams all the time, they deserve the ridicule. Especially when being so hypocritical.

Oh individuals can be very inconsistent. I just find it funny when people expect the gaming community as a whole to en masse love or hate something. People will vary in their reactions to things.

To some, the achievements being buggy means nothing (it's not something I would get worked up over, especially given the currently buggy state of achievements and codex entries), so they would prefer transfers be available now. To others, achievements are very important and they would be upset if their hard work was devalued or erased by a programming glitch, so they would be upset if it was released with the bugs. Different motivations and valuations = different reactions. *shrug*

Hey folks,

-eric

Hi Eric -

Thank you for the update and please give the Dev team a poke to try to make the 6/25 date. That's my birthday and would make a great present to finally be able to move my Sentinel :)

one additional criticism.. you guys had the time to be posting on FB and twitter all day tuesday with silly polls and "which companion is better than what other companion" when you shouldve been working on fixing the issues with 2.2 I know if i miss a deadline at work, but then am playing around on FB my boss would skin me alive and then keep my skull as a trophy like the Predator.

While I actually agree with you that EA's over-focus on gaining revenue from the cartel market is killing the game and has the developer teams priorities all mixed up... you do realize how large of a mistake you're making with your last rage-paragraph, right? I'd bet a million cartel coins that the people that work on public relations (facebook, twitter, community forums, etc.) have NOTHING to do with programming, design, art, etc.

I don't understand how a game that spent a whopping FIVE YEARS in development didn't even have the option from launch, to be honest.

/sign

also the fact it worked about one year ago, without any problems?!

BIOWARE, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??

I'm paying 12 fckin Euros for every fcking month of this game!

I know the priority of the game is the "supderdupermegaawesome" cartel-market. but you ruined the game with it.

the patch it was planned to be able is six weeks gone. since then it's the same problem? what are you guys doing all the day, if it was working 10 months ago?

DISCLAIMER: sry bad english and flame, but this is getting ridiculous

have a nice day..

Just release them with the warning that your achievements will be screwed. Heck, get rid of all my achievements, just let me transfer.

This. I couldn't give a damn about achievements. I accept that they're going to broken and I don't care, I just want to transfer.

APAC was able to transfer to any server. So Bioware, start working to fix the issues with EU to NA transfers and lets make it happen and give us something to show the you are taking steps in the right direction to give your paying and loyal customers what they are asking for.