It's Bugtastic!

Blackavaar

Well, thanks to the latest patch we have more problems than we can shake a lightsaber at.

• GTN broke... still.
  • Random freezes and drops
  • More weird graphics artifacts (like it wasn't bad enough before) left behind when people log out or QT
  • Disappearing taxis (hey, I'm Wonder Woman!)
  • Missing graphics in Space missions
  • Crafting schematics broken (now they let you learn them even when you know them, resulting in a loss of schematics that could have been traded)

And that's just the beginning. I hope they fix this stuff soon because right now the game is nigh unplayable.

:(

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thanks to the latest patch we have more problems than we can shake a lightsaber at.

• GTN broke... still.
  • More weird graphics artifacts (like it wasn't bad enough before) left behind when people log out or QT
  • Crafting schematics broken (now they let you learn them even when you know them, resulting in a loss of schematics that could have been traded)

And that's just the beginning. I hope they fix this stuff soon because right now the game is nigh unplayable.

Crafting missions were broken before patch

Crafting missions were broken before patch

How were Crafting missions broken?

(I actually talking about the schematics, they weren't broken before other than not showing properly whether you knew them or not, now it's much worse because they all appear to be unknown and they don't tell you know them until it's too late)

:confused:

If you had 2 craft missions of the same level, activating both of them would result in only one instance of the mission appearing in the journal, the other would be lost with no warning or other suitable mechanism.

This awkward state has always been the case with crafting missions, and could be WAI. :(

(I actually talking about the schematics, they weren't broken before other than not showing properly whether you knew them or not, now it's much worse because they all appear to be unknown and they don't tell you know them until it's too late)

They were because, in 1.2 patch they allowed (theoretically) to send 2 companions to the same mission (if you have 2 copies of it), but if you click into 2 identical mission discoveries before completing the first one, the second is simply lost, in the same way you loose an already known schematic.

That 1.2 patch note only claimed to have resolved that issue, but it never worked as intended.

It is a well-know confirmed and investigated (but not resolved) bug! :(

Edited by Savro

If you had 2 craft missions of the same level, activating both of them would result in only one instance of the mission appearing in the journal, the other would be lost with no warning or other suitable mechanism.

This awkward state has always been the case with crafting missions, and could be WAI. :(

It is not Working as intended, this for sure, BW confirmed that this is a bug and you can find confirmation here:

Quote from the 1.2 Legacy Patch notes

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy

"Players can now send multiple companion characters on a mission granted by a Mission Discovery if the player had more than one of that Mission Discovery."

Interesting, looks like we got what is known in programming as a "Regression" . Wasn't that the way the schematics worked in early game versions, somewhere before patch 1.2?

and as will start to be realized over the next few weeks. They broke heavy armor and how damage is implemented.

It's just a matter of time until people start parsing the numbers to prove it.

Gah, I hope not, those sort of bugs are a nightmare to get the Devs to listen too generally.

For me (ATI Radeon 6xxx card, old Intel Core Duo chip):

* New shadows worked, and worked as spected

* Saw an improvement (not that big on my setup) increase in framerate

* Saw a couple of weird plants on Quesh, but not seeing any other artifact or render issue apart from that.

* Shadows have a penalty on the framerate. But any game that has shadows ON has a penalty on frames. Sometimes the penalty is big, sometimes is not. But if people want MAX framerates, then...

Turn Shadows OFF.

PS. Later gonna try the game on my latop (ATI Radeon 6xxx mobile, AMD Quad-core chip) and see how it behaves.

Edited by malangus
typos

Amazing how much stuff is broken, I'm so glad the PTS was helpful in identifying these matters and getting them resolved beforehand. :rolleyes:

PT is only there to catch things that will literally bring the servers down. :csw_yoda::(

Edited by Goretzu

Amazing how much stuff is broken, I'm so glad the PTS was helpful in identifying these matters and getting them resolved beforehand. :rolleyes:

Yeah. Pretty much. It was great that everybody who wanted to do actual testing was able to copy their character over or make a new one and automatically level them to 50 and have end game gear given to them. Oh wait. That's another game I'm thinking about. My bad.

But as some people will say. It's not the patch that broke things. It was the patch PROCESS. :rolleyes:

Edited by DarkSaberMaster

Yeah. Pretty much. It was great that everybody who wanted to do actual testing was able to copy their character over or make a new one and automatically level them to 50 and have end game gear given to them. Oh wait. That's another game I'm thinking about. My bad.

That is one of the bigger fails this game has, which honestly doesn't surprise me.

• GTN broke... still.

The ones I highlighted in yellow I have experienced. The others, no. Though I don't mess with crafting schematics much so no comment there.

None of it makes the game "nigh unplayable", unless you have a hair trigger on your frustration threshold.

Meh.... it will all get fixed. Meanwhile... plenty to do in game, taxis blimping or not. :)

For me (ATI Radeon 6xxx card, old Intel Core Duo chip):

* New shadows worked, and worked as spected

* Saw an improvement (not that big on my setup) increase in framerate

* Saw a couple of weird plants on Quesh, but not seeing any other artifact or render issue apart from that.

* Shadows have a penalty on the framerate. But any game that has shadows ON has a penalty on frames. Sometimes the penalty is big, sometimes is not. But if people want MAX framerates, then...

Turn Shadows OFF.

PS. Later gonna try the game on my latop (ATI Radeon 6xxx mobile, AMD Quad-core chip) and see how it behaves.

It stutters with max FPS.. how about that!? MUST be the FPS and the hardware, hmm?

None of it makes the game "nigh unplayable", unless you have a hair trigger on your frustration threshold.

Meh.... it will all get fixed. Meanwhile... plenty to do in game, taxis blimping or not. :)

Unless the game randomly freezes and drops you and you have to log in again. Seriously, last night I had to log back in 5 times over the course of a 4 hour play session. That, IMO, is nigh unplayable.

And btw, my Shadows are turned off.

Edited by Blackavaar

One question.

How can they be able to test a new operation mechanic if people have the latest top notch gear, which even in normal servers people sometimes go under gear?

There was no need for an end-game char with the highest lvl gear to test most of the features introduced in this patch (LFG changes, graphic changes, group loot changes, etc). That's gear may only be needed for raiding people that will test the new raid, and which probably already have the current highest gear anyway.

End game operation testing is for people that reach that current end-game status and has gear, not for any regular player that is probably "Ok" at dungeons, that break stunts on every pull because he don't know even that CC means, or is using the incorrect stats/gear (Operatives using AIM, heavy armor knights/warriors using medium armor). If you can't get past EV, then the others new or old operations are away from you.

Edited by malangus

Unless the game randomly freezes and drops you and you have to log in again. Seriously, last night I had to log back in 5 times over the course of a 4 hour play session. That, IMO, is nigh unplayable.

I have had no drops from the game, so... sorry... not my experience. This MMO, for me, has been the most stable I have played in a long time on my comp. But I acknowledge that there are a zillion different comp configurations and other subtlties that can pop a game breaker for a particular player. Only way to avoid that would be to never patch or change anything.

Edited by Andryah

Had a guildy dealing with this last night, everytime he accepted a group invite, it DC'd him lol.

He eventually logged into GW2. =(

I have had no drops from the game, so... sorry... not my experience. This MMO, for me, has been the most stable I have played in a long time on my comp. But I acknowledge that there are a zillion different comp configurations and other subtlties that can pop a game breaker for a particular player. Only way to avoid that would be to never patch or change anything.

There was enough testers posting issues with fps and lag/latency they knew it was more than a few odd configurations. They went ahead anyways with 1.4 with shadows to met a deadline as opposed to making sure it was an actual improvement.