Just FIX the TANK stats to work normally in PvP Already.....

Zolxtren

so many years yet nothing...

hell they even nerf tanks now because skank tanking LOL

How HARD is to just make The tanking stats WORK against players ????

holy jeebus devs fix this mess already before you kill every single tank in PvP and PvE with even more nerfs....

I too am frustrated with tank nerfs despite the fsct that I firmly believe (read nothing outside of highly logical and intelligent arguments is going to convince me otherwise) that the only tanks doing too much damage are those running dps gear (i.e skanks in pvp. For ops maybe lethal mods people).

Basically they need to look at tank stats but obviously do not have the capacity to do so (be it resources or simply knowledge).

How HARD is to just make The tanking stats WORK against players ????

Bioware has stated in multiple interviews over the years that they would need to rework the entire combat system to accommodate tank stats in PvP. They simply do not have the resources to do that, hence why it's not an option and will never happen.

Bioware has stated in multiple interviews over the years that they would need to rework the entire combat system to accommodate tank stats in PvP. They simply do not have the resources to do that, hence why it's not an option and will never happen.

And so then only option for tanks in PVP is to set for dps which they can't keep up so they get curb stomped.

GG EA GG.

• 2 weeks later...
Remove DR from wearing shield. Remove Shield Chance and Absorb passives. Make DR and Defense based on amount of defense points. Make Shield and Absorb chances based on amount of shield/absorb points. ez pz

i'm pretty tanks stats DID work in PvP at one point all the way to mid rothc. i'm sure a lot of tanks ran with the tanks stats. (seen by the damage a tanks did back then.) like even in season 1 and 2 they all had tank stats. why can't they just go back to that??

i'm pretty tanks stats DID work in PvP at one point all the way to mid rothc. i'm sure a lot of tanks ran with the tanks stats. (seen by the damage a tanks did back then.) like even in season 1 and 2 they all had tank stats. why can't they just go back to that??

It wouldn't surprise me if that was just due to a lack of knowledge of how defensive stats worked against player damage.

To my understanding tank stats never worked well in PvP but I didn't start PvPing until around 3.0, so not my experience area.

The stats themselves have always been "broken", but the prevalence of auto-crits and the like was not always so significant, so the break was less apparent.

IMO, the thing with tank stats to bear in mind too, though, is that Tanks don't work in PvP like they do in PvE. Tanks require survivability and aggro management, and because players are intelligent, the higher a tank pumps the latter, the less they will be able to do the latter. In a lot of ways, Healers are the "tanks" of PvP because making those green numbers appear is...kind of a beacon. And thus, what you have as traditionally a tank in PvP is going to do more to fulfill the "healer" role, by reducing incoming damage to the healer. That aspect does already exist in the game, through taunts and guard.

To that end, the solution to PvP "tanks" might not revolve around tank stats at all. But that said, if I knew how best to work that sort of solution, well, I'd presumably have a job creating video games, which I don't.

There's no way to "just" fix them. TTK on tanks is already high (as it should be), but pushing it higher w/out addressing healing, and TTK on healers w/ guard, would just make WZ's worse. A competent healer/tank duo can easily prevent cap or hold cap on an objective map against 2-3 average dps *forever*. Sure, 2-3 skilled players can CC, separate them, or maybe burn them if the healer is so-so. But it's usually skilled players in the duo, and casual or unskilled players trying against them in regs. I often see a tank & healer hold against 3-4 players no problem. Sometimes against more.

Making tank stats work in PvP as they do in PvE without balancing healing, dps, and dcd's against the increased TKK would just be a different flavor of terrible. I'm *not* in favor of the unilateral change they made to tank's damage output. As many, many people have said on here, by itself, that change encourages skank-tanking, rather than discouraging it. But a real fix is going to require balance changes to every class, so that dps, healing, and tanking are balanced against each other to prevent nightmare-ish TKK's where no on dies in an entire WZ, or where casuals and solo-Q's get rolled every single match by teams with 1 or 2 coordinated tank/healer duos.

So mercs being capable of a 1v3 is ok but god forbid a tank be difficult to kill? Exaggeration but there is a point. If you gimp a tanks damage he should be nigh on impossible to kill. That's kind of the point.

Fixing tank stats is a start. As long as tank gear is nearly useless, we will gear toward whatever is most advantageous to us and our team. It's that simple.

All that said, I think dps needs to be looked at as well. If these forums are to be believed NiM dps checks are problematic anyway and certain classes have DCDs nearly on the order of ranks while being dpsers. Maybe increase their dps and take some survivability?

Tank stats DO work in PvP, just as they should.

The problem lies in how the combat system uses the stats and and their values to calculate if the mitigation actually kicks in.

To make it short: Most serious damage in PvP is yellow damage defense (from gear) doesn't work against, as it should be. And crit is rolled against shield to determine if a hit crits or not. And with the abundance of crit rating and autocrits it's practically useless in PvP.

There isn't some bug or anything in PvP. It works as intended. The system needs a rework if this problem is to be adressed. Which simply isn't something you do within in a patch cycle but with a full blown expansion.

• 2 weeks later...