Kills vs. Assists - Change How We're Scored

Korithras

One of the biggest things that will piss anybody off in terms of their score is how often it seems that somebody can come along and snag the killing blow after you've done 90% of the damage to an enemy player. I've had a number of games where I wound up with over a dozen assists but very few killing blows on my score card.

The solution? Change the scoring system so that it's not a question of who finished off a particular target, but whoever did the most damage to the target that gets credit for the kill.

Or just untwist your panties.

It's really not a big deal. Sorting by damage and considering kill, assist, and death counts is the superior way to view the leaderboard.

Not to mention that an assist and kill are worth the same... and it's not like we can have little empire or republic kill counts on the side of our ships....

I'm happy to have 4 or 5 kills and 12+ assists when I play GSF since it's you know it's a team game and all....

What, you go around taking screenshots of your scoreboards? Also, it's the scouts job to finish off people aimlessly jousting with Strikers. When I'm playing with 3 people at a time on my Pike, It's funny to see a scout come join the party and just wipe them out in seconds cause tjeu are outta booster power and probably so frustrated about not being able to kill me that they don't care. Then I can go find new people to play with. Edited by Jandi

While I personally don't care about kills vs assists (all I care about is winning), this is a legitimate concern for people who like Achievements, for example.

To those people, I say get better. None of the achievements want anything particularly impressive -- 15 kills once, 8 (maybe 12?) kills per match for 100 matches, 6/1 KDR, nothing too strenuous. When you can semi-regularly pull out 60k/18/5/2 D/K/A/D games, achievements just happen on their own.

One of the biggest things that will piss anybody off in terms of their score is how often it seems that somebody can come along and snag the killing blow after you've done 90% of the damage to an enemy player..

Please explain WHY this is something that would piss you off.

This is like if you were running down the field in a Football game and suddenly your team-mate swooped in at the 1 yard line and scores.... in that you should be cheering for the guy that got the job done. I mean, you fumbled at the 1 yard line. What were you thinking? :rak_02:

Ask that guy who got the kill for some tips. After-all, you could do the same, finishing off pilots others have been spinning in circles chasing for 90% of the match. You might like that play style better.

The solution? Change the scoring system so that it's not a question of who finished off a particular target, but whoever did the most damage to the target that gets credit for the kill.

A solution would be to change the scoreboard so that it merged kills & assists, since you get the same amount of req for each.