Achievements mixed up after Server Merge

turbomagnus

Okay, yes, I know, the servers were merged something like two years ago, but I wasn't concerned about this particular issue until it started interfering in my completion of Bounty Hunter Week for my Legacy and getting the associated titles and whatnot...

How do I report and request a fix for my Legacy having registered certain bounties as killed or captured for the individual achievements but not the group one and vice versa (showing as captured or killed for the Henchmen or Kingpin groups, but not as individuals)?

Your best in-game option would be to file a customer service ticket, detailing (as far as possible) exactly which achievements are missing/have been added by mistake.

I am 99% sure the response from CS will take a few days/a week or so, and be "oh that's unfortunate, sorry we cannot do anything, but good luck in regaining those achievements", but you might be lucky and get something more useful.

Okay, yes, I know, the servers were merged something like two years ago, but I wasn't concerned about this particular issue until it started interfering in my completion of Bounty Hunter Week for my Legacy and getting the associated titles and whatnot...

How do I report and request a fix for my Legacy having registered certain bounties as killed or captured for the individual achievements but not the group one and vice versa (showing as captured or killed for the Henchmen or Kingpin groups, but not as individuals)?

I noticed a similar issue with my Legacy Achievements the other night when I was running some story flashpoints, specifically Ilum Under Siege/Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor. I've run through both FPs so many times, I've lost count, yet my kill counter for the major bosses has not changed on Jindro Krey, the two prototype droids, and the Sith Entity (can't remember the other boss's name that's group with it).

Should I try to submit an in-game ticket next time I play, or with what I've heard about CS, not even bother?

I noticed a similar issue with my Legacy Achievements the other night when I was running some story flashpoints, specifically Ilum Under Siege/Battle of Ilum and The False Emperor. I've run through both FPs so many times, I've lost count, yet my kill counter for the major bosses has not changed on Jindro Krey, the two prototype droids, and the Sith Entity (can't remember the other boss's name that's group with it).

Should I try to submit an in-game ticket next time I play, or with what I've heard about CS, not even bother?

You lose nothing by trying, so definitely submit a ticket.

Also, don't believe all the horror stories you hear about CS. Not all representatives are great, but I've gotten help numerous times with issues such as character advancement (when there was a bug preventing me from advancing past a certain chapter of the story) and restoring items I deleted accidentally from my inventory. So, you may get a positive response!

Notice I said positive, not quick. Lol. CS does take a while, usually between 7-10 days or more. So don't get impatient. If you haven't heard back in 2 weeks, submit another ticket. You can also send a private message to Eric Musco on the forums after that explaining the situation and requesting more info.

You lose nothing by trying, so definitely submit a ticket.

Also, don't believe all the horror stories you hear about CS. Not all representatives are great, but I've gotten help numerous times with issues such as character advancement (when there was a bug preventing me from advancing past a certain chapter of the story) and restoring items I deleted accidentally from my inventory. So, you may get a positive response!

Notice I said positive, not quick. Lol. CS does take a while, usually between 7-10 days or more. So don't get impatient. If you haven't heard back in 2 weeks, submit another ticket. You can also send a private message to Eric Musco on the forums after that explaining the situation and requesting more info.

Thanks, and I'll give it a try next time I log in.

Slightly embarrassing to ask, then, but what's the best way to phrase a request to CS to by a player to have broken achievements fixed?

I would mention a few important details and then explain the situation clearly.

For example, the name of your legacy.

The specific achievements that aren't progressing

What happened

Tell them that you had the achievements on one of your legacies, and after the server merge, they appear to be bugged. It's easier if you give them a list of the problem achievements, because then they may just grant them automatically.

Don't forget to say thank you in advance, and explain why the situation upsets you. "To me, this is a very big deal because I want to get this or that achievement. I need this title/I want to unlock 100% completion, etc."

I think they'll be able to help you, but you may have to give them a week or two to get it done. Let us know how it goes!

Well, I submitted the in-game Customer Support Ticket.(*) Now I just need to wait to see what the response is.

(*)For anyone wondering, here is the text of the ticket.

Since the server merger, and accompanying merger of Legacies across the servers, I have encountered a problem with several Achievements within my Legacy on the Star Forge server, the ‘Mythseeker’ Legacy. These glitched achievements are related to the Bounty Contract Week event, specifically the capture or kill of various targets and the associated achievements for capturing or killing groups of targets. To be more precise, the following achievements did not seem to merge properly;

‘Take ‘Em All Down’ - Despite the individual Achievements for taking down Aja Novar, D-3x, and Udo Ensh all being listed as complete, they are not shown as such on the list for “Take ‘Em All Down”.

‘Bring ‘Em All In’ - Despite “Took Aja Novar Alive” being listed as completed, it does not show as such on the list for “Bring ‘Em All In”.

Because the individual achievements are marked ‘complete’ in my Legacy, they cannot be acquired a second time, locking out the aforementioned group achievements from registering them for their own completion. The Bounty Contract Week achievements being glitched had not been a concern until recently, when I set out to complete various achievements and found myself unable to do so in this area, preventing me from reaching further completion or the titles that accompany the completed achievements. If there is some way that they can be fixed, that would be most helpful and welcome, thank you.

Well, I submitted the in-game Customer Support Ticket.(*) Now I just need to wait to see what the response is.

(*)For anyone wondering, here is the text of the ticket.

Since the server merger, and accompanying merger of Legacies across the servers, I have encountered a problem with several Achievements within my Legacy on the Star Forge server, the ‘Mythseeker’ Legacy. These glitched achievements are related to the Bounty Contract Week event, specifically the capture or kill of various targets and the associated achievements for capturing or killing groups of targets. To be more precise, the following achievements did not seem to merge properly;

‘Take ‘Em All Down’ - Despite the individual Achievements for taking down Aja Novar, D-3x, and Udo Ensh all being listed as complete, they are not shown as such on the list for “Take ‘Em All Down”.

‘Bring ‘Em All In’ - Despite “Took Aja Novar Alive” being listed as completed, it does not show as such on the list for “Bring ‘Em All In”.

Because the individual achievements are marked ‘complete’ in my Legacy, they cannot be acquired a second time, locking out the aforementioned group achievements from registering them for their own completion. The Bounty Contract Week achievements being glitched had not been a concern until recently, when I set out to complete various achievements and found myself unable to do so in this area, preventing me from reaching further completion or the titles that accompany the completed achievements. If there is some way that they can be fixed, that would be most helpful and welcome, thank you.

That's perfect. Great job. They should be able to fix it without any problems. Now you just need to wait a bit.

Got a quick reply, only one day's wait. Neither good nor bad, just is.

Basically, they looked and they can't fix it At The Moment because, besides the individual achievements that are acquired but not showing on the group achievements, there are some individual achievements that I've not completed yet and they can't grant me the group achievements until I've completed those (Alderaan and Voss kingpins, both kill and capture, and kill the Tatooine kingpin, F.Y.I.).

So they've responded, it is fixable, I just need to do a few things so that it can be fixed without any problems. That's not too bad, I suppose.

Got a quick reply, only one day's wait. Neither good nor bad, just is.

Basically, they looked and they can't fix it At The Moment because, besides the individual achievements that are acquired but not showing on the group achievements, there are some individual achievements that I've not completed yet and they can't grant me the group achievements until I've completed those (Alderaan and Voss kingpins, both kill and capture, and kill the Tatooine kingpin, F.Y.I.).

So they've responded, it is fixable, I just need to do a few things so that it can be fixed without any problems. That's not too bad, I suppose.

Wow, that was faster than I thought it would be. Nice job on explaining the problem.

So, make sure you have a few alts ready to go for the next bounty contract week.

Since they're weekly, you need at least 2 characters.

Character A does Alderaan Kingpin Capture (easier to start with capture, since at least you get kill one if you mess it up, lol) on Day 1. Voss Kingpin Capture on Day 2. Either A or B can do Tatooine on Day 3.

Character B does Alderaan Kingpin Kill on Day 1. Voss Kingpin Kill on Day 2.

If you have more alts, you can do it all in 1 day. You will need 25 completed bounty contracts, unless you already have Alderaan, Voss or Tatooine kingpins unlocked.

I can't remember if you're on Satele Shan or a different server. I would send you the CBCs on Satele Shan, since I have maxed rep and tons of them lying around. Otherwise, you need to either buy them or farm them. That means lots of alts to make sure you get it done. 5 alts can net you enough, as long as you're smart about unlocking kingpin bounties.

I hope you get it soon. Those are 2 of my favorite titles in the game.