Current conquest: heroics

Setokai

One of the things i personally enjoy doing for conquest points is the heroics, and getting points for them, which is how i used to get my conquest goal a lot of times in the old system, i think i speak for a fair number of folks who probably would like to see the planet heroics objective in the current system be in the infinite repeatable category of objectives.

One of the things i personally enjoy doing for conquest points is the heroics, and getting points for them, which is how i used to get my conquest goal a lot of times in the old system, i think i speak for a fair number of folks who probably would like to see the planet heroics objective in the current system be in the infinite repeatable category of objectives.

Oh yes, but the devs ignore any feedback from community agaist there idiotic conquest changes.

These kinds of conquest objectives are the only way i can complete my conquest goal because i have no friends and i've never played an operation before. Which is also why i think aswell that they should be in the infinite repeatable catergory.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

Many people agree.

However the forum threads from a few months ago that got up to 50+ pages died off, people stopped talking about it after some mild changes were made to help people with alts / or who prefer to play solo.

I think that as soon as those threads died off the powers that be figured things were "OK" now and moved on to other things.

I think that as soon as those threads died off the powers that be figured things were "OK" now and moved on to other things.

^^this.

They only have the manpower to work on one thing at a time. Now is PvP time. That's the only thing that they can work on right now. After they are done with that, they work on the flashpoint that might come in November/December.

I absolutely doubt that there will be any further conquest changes. That ship has sailed. As usual, they (almost) sat it out.

Oh i'm sure there are plenty that do agree, and this was by no stretch of the imagination meant to criticize the change already made, but more to try to put my thoughts and observations into words, and no i'm not suggesting they make any changes to the conquest at this time, but for them to take into consideration down the road when 6.0 launches (whenever that is) some of the activities that might need tweaking. Edited by Setokai
missed a word while typing

Hopefully, there are still other things you enjoy about the game. I had really hoped they were listening to the feedback they asked for when the new system rolled out. They saw all the same feedback I did, but they simply didn't feel it was in line with what they wanted to do. They made some tweaks to quiet the outrage. As pointed out a few posts earlier, they seem to be content now. If they didn't make changes (like the one this topic is about) already, it's unlikely they will. It was suggested repeatedly ... they had a chance to make the change and they didn't. Edited by BRKMSN

They have made all of the changes to conquest that they are going to make. After HUNDREDS of pages of feedback (all ignored) and suggestions, including the one you make here, they made some minor changes to conquest to try and shut people up about it. They didn't "fix" it, or make it any more fun... and their changes didn't shut people up about it, we just quit talking about it because it was obvious we were being ignored.

Conquest is now more than ever firmly in favor of large guilds and your characters can only -easily- earn points for one guild per day (even if you have opposite faction characters in an opposite faction guild), unless of course you happen to find one of the many bugs that I'm sure still exist to allow you to repeat points that you are not supposed to be able to repeat.

This tone deaf response (among a few other things) are the reason many have quit the game, myself included.

Oh yes, but the devs ignore any feedback from community agaist there idiotic conquest changes.

And the Devs wonder why people continue to leave the game. They always want to “force” their idea of fun on the players and not “give” the players the freedom to find their own fun.

So many people left the game over the conquest changes and only some came back as they “slowly” changed things. I’m sure more would comeback if they listened to all the feed back. But sadly I think they burnt too many people for the last time and some will never come back.

Bioware have made one mistake after another for the last 3 years, culminating with 5.0. (People left and only “some” came back). They then spent 9 months (wasting resources) trying to make the gearing system “acceptable”, but it’s still not widely liked and in my opinion still terrible.

Then they moved the west coast server to the east (most of the APAC players left and a portion of west coast). No APAC players who left have come back to my knowledge

Then we have this conquest revamp, which was fine as it was before and people weren’t demanding massive changes, maybe just some small tweaks (it really didn’t need to be changed and was a waste of resources IMO).

But they still borked up conquest and then refused to fix it fast enough or roll it back till they did. Not only that, but a large part of the feed back was ignored. (People left because this was the last straw for some of them and haven’t returned. (We are talking long time fans who thought they’d be here till the very end)

After all the mistakes for 3 years, Bioware seem to have the inability to learn from their own mistakes and what happens when you don’t listen to player feed back.

Fixing or tweaking conquest a little more won’t hurt anything, it’s already been proven that their 3 tier system to “make it fair” for all guild sizes, doesn’t work. Large guilds still run lower brackets and push out guilds the system was supposed to help.

So actually giving players what they want, won’t do any harm to this misguided attempt to fix something that wasn’t broken. But what it might do is lure some more people back or at least increase the fun level for those that remain in the hope they also won’t leave. (We can’t afford for anymore people to leave).

My biggest concern as a pvper is this new roadmap. It’s got massive potential for the pvp part of the game, but if they bork it up or don’t fix any problems in a fast and timely manner, then this will drive more people away.

I’m trying to be optimistic, but I can’t get over this little voice in the back of my head saying “you’ve given these guys so many chances and been excited and let down too many times by half baked implimentations, do you really think this will be any different?”

I really have my hopes up, my fingers and toes are crossed this will be a smooth and mistake free release. If not, more people will leave.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

And the Devs wonder why people continue to leave the game. They always want to “force” their idea of fun on the players and not “give” the players the freedom to find their own fun.

So many people left the game over the conquest changes and only some came back as they “slowly” changed things. I’m sure more would comeback if they listened to all the feed back. But sadly I think they burnt too many people for the last time and some will never come back.

Bioware have made one mistake after another for the last 3 years, culminating with 5.0. (People left and only “some” came back). They then spent 9 months (wasting resources) trying to make the gearing system “acceptable”, but it’s still not widely liked and in my opinion still terrible.

Then they moved the west coast server to the east (most of the APAC players left and a portion of west coast). No APAC players who left have come back to my knowledge

Then we have this conquest revamp, which was fine as it was before and people weren’t demanding massive changes, maybe just some small tweaks (it really didn’t need to be changed and was a waste of resources IMO).

But they still borked up conquest and then refused to fix it fast enough or roll it back till they did. Not only that, but a large part of the feed back was ignored. (People left because this was the last straw for some of them and haven’t returned. (We are talking long time fans who thought they’d be here till the very end)

After all the mistakes for 3 years, Bioware seem to have the inability to learn from their own mistakes and what happens when you don’t listen to player feed back.

Fixing or tweaking conquest a little more won’t hurt anything, it’s already been proven that their 3 tier system to “make it fair” for all guild sizes, doesn’t work. Large guilds still run lower brackets and push out guilds the system was supposed to help.

So actually giving players what they want, won’t do any harm to this misguided attempt to fix something that wasn’t broken. But what it might do is lure some more people back or at least increase the fun level for those that remain in the hope they also won’t leave. (We can’t afford for anymore people to leave).

My biggest concern as a pvper is this new roadmap. It’s got massive potential for the pvp part of the game, but if they bork it up or don’t fix any problems in a fast and timely manner, then this will drive more people away.

I’m trying to be optimistic, but I can’t get over this little voice in the back of my head saying “you’ve given these guys so many chances and been excited and let down too many times by half baked implimentations, do you really think this will be any different?”

I really have my hopes up, my fingers and toes are crossed this will be a smooth and mistake free release. If not, more people will leave.

Please don't act like you know every person who has left or returned. "No APAC players who left have come back to my knowledge". How would you even know if they did or didn't? I may not agree with every decision Bioware makes, but you come off as very snooty when you talk as if your word is fact.

I agree, it should be like it was before. As alluded to by another poster, I'm one of those who has given up trying to get them to listen, and for the most part I've given up on conquest as well. I understand why they want players to sign in daily to work on it, but some of us have blocks of time available certain days and not others. As it stands now the current system is still less friendly to alts, so while I may manage to reach my personal goal on a single character by logging in for a bit every day, I'm also playing less overall, because those chunks of time I used to spend working on conquest for alts are now being used for other activities outside this game. Sure, that's probably better for me, but when it comes time to decide whether or not I should renew my subscription, it may not be better for BW/EA.

Theres stil a tricky way to get it to work like before.

Thats whats the most conquest players are using in their favour to grind the 15k per toon real fast.

I can't explain it because I don't know if its a bug or intended, but any conquest guild know about it, just ask for anyone in a guild how to do it.

Edited by RafaelPeretz

Theres stil a tricky way to get it to work like before.

Thats whats the most conquest players are using in their favour to grind the 15k per toon real fast.

I can't explain it because I don't know if its a bug or intended, but any conquest guild know about it, just ask for anyone in a guild how to do it.

If you are referring to the reset bug, it has been, in my experience, rather unpredictable and random. I have one guildie that hasnt reset since the fix; for me, it occasionally does, but not in any sort of identifiable pattern (beyond changing instances anyway). Certianly something I have used, when it has reset, but not nearly consistent enough to be really usable

Please don't act like you know every person who has left or returned. "No APAC players who left have come back to my knowledge". How would you even know if they did or didn't? I may not agree with every decision Bioware makes, but you come off as very snooty when you talk as if your word is fact.

Yet 99% of Trixxie's post was factual...:confused:

Hopefully, there are still other things you enjoy about the game. I had really hoped they were listening to the feedback they asked for when the new system rolled out. They saw all the same feedback I did, but they simply didn't feel it was in line with what they wanted to do. They made some tweaks to quiet the outrage. As pointed out a few posts earlier, they seem to be content now. If they didn't make changes (like the one this topic is about) already, it's unlikely they will. It was suggested repeatedly ... they had a chance to make the change and they didn't.

Oh absolutely, i have plenty of things in the game i enjoy, running flashpoints, Ops, heroics, decorating my strongholds, just my time for a little while of playing a couple months ago was shortened due to spending a lot of time with my grandmother in the hospital before she passed away.

+1 to that, and make the kill counters work that way too (they half do so already because it is randomly bugged to reset).

I don't believe BW consider any feedback we give them about conquests anymore, but I hope they do that one.

While we are at it, maybe also have 2 or 3 planets for each yield size rather than 1 per conquest? It would mean 2-3 times more winners, which also means more room for different winners (top 3 might always be the same, top 9 wouldn't).

I’m an APAC PLAYER who knows a lot of the other APAC players. So maybe I have a bit more of a clue than the average US/EU player.

I also didn’t state anything as fact. I said :

“No APAC players who left have come back to my knowledge”.

Meaning of all the APAC players who left, none have come back that I know of.

Considering I know a lot of the APAC players, I would say that’s a far statement and assessment.

Now, if you are “also” and APAC player who knows other APAC players and you have different information, then by all means, share it with us.

Before attacking someone, maybe find out a bit more about them and what they may know that you don’t.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If you are referring to the reset bug, it has been, in my experience, rather unpredictable and random. I have one guildie that hasnt reset since the fix; for me, it occasionally does, but not in any sort of identifiable pattern (beyond changing instances anyway). Certianly something I have used, when it has reset, but not nearly consistent enough to be really usable

It's not random at all. It works in your first login of the day.

So if I log now into a stanced toon (usually in the stronghold), every time I make a conquest achievement and travel back to my stronghold it will reset. I can grind as many points as I want with him doing this, then leave them all reseted to my next toon. After swaping toons or loging out, the reset will stop to work, only working again in the next day first login (after conquest reset for the day) if the toon is into a stance.

IDK whats BW position on this, but since this is public knowledge already, almost every conquest player know about it, im telling here how it works. Its not random.

Edited by RafaelPeretz

It's not random at all. It works in your first login of the day.

So if I log now into a stanced toon (usually in the stronghold), every time I make a conquest achievement and travel back to my stronghold it will reset. I can grind as many points as I want with him doing this, then leave them all reseted to my next toon. After swaping toons or loging out, the reset will stop to work, only working again in the next day first login (after conquest reset for the day) if the toon is into a stance.

IDK whats BW position on this, but since this is public knowledge already, almost every conquest player know about it, im telling here how it works. Its not random.

I do the same thing, and it doesnt always reset for me. My buddy hasn't had anything reset for him since the "fix".

It's great that it seems predictable for you, but I have used the exact same strategy and it doesn't generally reset.

It works for me 100% of the time, but again, only on the first toon logged in that day, after 8 a.m. eastern time.

Doesn't matter if you log in just to check mail and then switch to a different toon to do conquest, it's the first login no matter what.

It works for me 100% of the time, but again, only on the first toon logged in that day, after 8 a.m. eastern time.

Doesn't matter if you log in just to check mail and then switch to a different toon to do conquest, it's the first login no matter what.

I never log in before 8 am Eastern, my normal time is around 7 pm pacific. I always log out in my stronghold and have little reason to check the mail, usually the first toon I log into is to do soemthing for conquest.

Sometimes it resets when I go back to the stronghold, usually it doesn't.

It also has reset on the 2nd or 3rd toon I logged into in a night, even when it didn't on the first one.

I tend to think that if it was really as simple as you say, they would have managed to fix it already. Not that I particularly want them to fix the reset without addressing the repeatability, but I suppose it is hard to say how much of an issue the legacy lock is with any form of reset.

Many people agree.

However the forum threads from a few months ago that got up to 50+ pages died off, people stopped talking about it after some mild changes were made to help people with alts / or who prefer to play solo.

With respect, I think it died off because the devs were ignoring it. they requests and changes in it have yet to be implemented despite the devs constantly saying "We're listening and will consider your requests."

Months later, we see how well they listened. In one ear out the other. It's no wonder the community is absolutely f'n pissed off at them.

I hope they devs take a look at your thread because H2s are one objective Conquest is really missing now.