Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Something I'd like to add that the non-action by the Sith Warrior to find her lover and husband is a major plot failing by the writers.

This applies to all the classes in KotFE/KotET that have missing LI's not just the Sith Warrior. It's partly poor writing but also the result of the 'one story fits all' approach that SW:TOR has taken and that started way back in Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Edited by OfficerDonNZ

Something I'd like to add that the non-action by the Sith Warrior to find her lover and husband is a major plot failing by the writers. Given that she had two trained spies as her close companions - one ex-Empire, the other ex-Republic, it should have been easy for them to track Quinn down. I mean Lara Beniko, with her Imperial contacts, should have tracked Quinn down within a matter of days. Quinn was both an Imperial officer and held in an Imperial prison, he would have had a computer file on him, and Lara or Theron 'should' have been able to slice into that database and find out exactly what had happened to Quinn. The only reasons that I can come up with is that Theron jealously didn't want Sul to be aware that Quinn still lived and so kept the information to himself - and that Lara might have felt that Quinn was an unnecessary distraction for Sul while bigger events were in play, and so kept the information to herself. Still, Sul should have insisted and her failure rankles with me. The only reason I can come up with for her own non-action, is that she was swept along by the flow of events connected with the Eternal Throne and the new Alliance.

I agree with you, that it is poor writing in the game, because with all the competent help that the Outlander has, they should've easily tracked down Quinn. Pretty much searching for anyone, the first places you check besides old addresses and former employers, are hospitals and jails. I do appreciate the headcanon you came up with for why Theron wouldn't reveal the information about Quinn. It does speak of a level of insecurity that I personally don't think he has, but it's not inconceivable, given his relationship with his mother, that he'd be eager to hold onto those he comes to care for and would lie to do it.

It's interesting, I look forward to see where you take it. Just no more Malachi ok?! :eek::p I still haven't forgiven Ben Irving for 'Mah-la-VEE' :D

I agree with you, that it is poor writing in the game, because with all the competent help that the Outlander has, they should've easily tracked down Quinn. Pretty much searching for anyone, the first places you check besides old addresses and former employers, are hospitals and jails. I do appreciate the headcanon you came up with for why Theron wouldn't reveal the information about Quinn. It does speak of a level of insecurity that I personally don't think he has, but it's not inconceivable, given his relationship with his mother, that he'd be eager to hold onto those he comes to care for and would lie to do it.

It's interesting, I look forward to see where you take it. Just no more Malachi ok?! :eek::p I still haven't forgiven Ben Irving for 'Mah-la-VEE' :D

Yeah, I got that other name stuck in my head. I thought Malavai but my brain kept typing Malachi (as from the Bible). Nevermind, I've fixed the error now.

I've got ideas for other mini-stories about Malavai and Sul, but since I'm juggling university study for a BA in Writing, finding the time to write non-university related material is problematic. I play from Australia and the last few days there has been extreme game lag, so much so that there is a red dot or red cross for connectivity most of the time. The only benefit to this lag is that while the world has frozen, my character can run around (in a limited space) and get close up to her companion, so I was able to do some nice screenshots of Sul and Malavai together staring into each other's eyes and holding hands (yeah, I'm a tragic when it comes to those two). Anyway, I hope to put up another mini-story soon so keep an eye on the Fan Fiction page and my story there.

Yeah, I got that other name stuck in my head. I thought Malavai but my brain kept typing Malachi (as from the Bible). Nevermind, I've fixed the error now.

I've got ideas for other mini-stories about Malavai and Sul, but since I'm juggling university study for a BA in Writing, finding the time to write non-university related material is problematic. I play from Australia and the last few days there has been extreme game lag, so much so that there is a red dot or red cross for connectivity most of the time. The only benefit to this lag is that while the world has frozen, my character can run around (in a limited space) and get close up to her companion, so I was able to do some nice screenshots of Sul and Malavai together staring into each other's eyes and holding hands (yeah, I'm a tragic when it comes to those two). Anyway, I hope to put up another mini-story soon so keep an eye on the Fan Fiction page and my story there.

Well, take your time, write when you can and for sure, feel free to share your screenies if you like. Can never have too much Malavai Quinn goodness! ^^

Well, take your time, write when you can and for sure, feel free to share your screenies if you like. Can never have too much Malavai Quinn goodness! ^^

Here you go...

Malavai still can't quite believe he's got his girl back.

Sul feeling pensive.

Go on Malavai, give your wife a kiss.

Hopefully the links work okay.

Edited by AureliaSulis
Typo

Unfortunately the links are broken for me :( Why God of Quinns, why? I just wanted some Quinn goodness on my birthday!

That's rather a severe line to take. All characters possess faults and failings, and some faults are so ingrained that they would be impossible to break - even by a personality as strong as the Sith Warrior. You couldn't be more wrong to think that this is a hate post, it's quite the opposite. Quinnis my favourite of the companions and I rushed through the content just so my Warrior could be reunited with him again. I just feel that Quinn believing that Sul no longer loved him was just not enough to keep him from her side. His sense of duty to her should have caused him to run back to her as soon as he was aware that she was alive - hell, if I was him, I would have crossed a galaxy to reclaim my spot by her side. No, something else held him back, and that something else was his sense of duty to his new Master.

This is why I don't read fan fiction (with the exception of Purple Quinn & Silver Theron's shenanigans). Fan fiction is very personal to the writer and I know it won't fit with my own view so I generally ignore it. I read yours because rather than a link it was all there. Probably should have kept my mouth shut about my views.

Edited by Sarova

Unfortunately the links are broken for me :( Why God of Quinns, why? I just wanted some Quinn goodness on my birthday!

This is why I don't read fan fiction (with the exception of Purple Quinn & Silver Theron's shenanigans). Fan fiction is very personal to the writer and I know it won't fit with my own view so I generally ignore it. I read yours because rather than a link it was all there. Probably should have kept my mouth shut about my views.

Omg! Happy birthday to Security Chief Sarova! I hope you have the best of days! I think we need an appearance from purple Quinn...I might have to borrow him!

*presents SC Sarova with a grand bouquet of Coruscanti Red Roses with a sweeping bow*

"Happy birthday, my lord. I hope the anniversary of your birth will bring with it all you desire."

And, I managed to find some Malavai art I hadn't seen before, so I hope this is new for you too! Enjoy!

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/779052435514748064/

Btw Lunafox, I'm about to put up three more short installments on my original Fan Fiction post.

If you are interested in my take on what happened on Iokath, then click the link and read on.

Cheers from Oz,

AureliaSulis

The links work for me. Try clicking on the links in my post rather than the follow-up replies.

Yours were the ones I used. One worked but the others directed me to an error message. I suspect it might be photobucket rather than the links. My birthday was boosted by Rhubarb Gin instead! :D Sorry Quinn, you were beaten by Gin this time.

Yours were the ones I used. One worked but the others directed me to an error message. I suspect it might be photobucket rather than the links. My birthday was boosted by Rhubarb Gin instead! :D Sorry Quinn, you were beaten by Gin this time.

I was wondering, did you like the Malavai art? Had you seen it before?

Omg! Happy birthday to Security Chief Sarova! I hope you have the best of days! I think we need an appearance from purple Quinn...I might have to borrow him!

*presents SC Sarova with a grand bouquet of Coruscanti Red Roses with a sweeping bow*

"Happy birthday, my lord. I hope the anniversary of your birth will bring with it all you desire."

And, I managed to find some Malavai art I hadn't seen before, so I hope this is new for you too! Enjoy!

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/779052435514748064/

HOW DID I MISS THIS??? I had a landmark birthday but I didn't think the oldness kicked in immediately :D

Thank you so much! And thanks to Sir Purple himself - he is sorely missed :) The celebrations (in real life) are ongoing - there's a big family party Saturday.

I was wondering, did you like the Malavai art? Had you seen it before?

I had seen it but I didn't have it saved in my Pinterest. That was easily fixed ;) Thank you!

Edited by Sarova

HOW DID I MISS THIS??? I had a landmark birthday but I didn't think the oldness kicked in immediately :D

Thank you so much! And thanks to Sir Purple himself - he is sorely missed :) The celebrations (in real life) are ongoing - there's a big family party Saturday.

I had seen it but I didn't have it saved in my Pinterest. That was easily fixed ;) Thank you!

You're welcome so much! I reckon a week of partying is about right lol. So, keep it up. I'm so glad you liked the artwork. I was really excited when I saw that. :D

I miss the original Purple Quinn too. Borrowing him isn't quite the same as the real thing. <3

Edited by Lunafox

If anyone needs to max a CM reputation before the patch goes live, I have a Contraband slot machine in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold in the big room overlooking the balcony. (Cedaric on Star Forge). The Quinnmancer guild has one too, but I'm not sure where it's located.

If anyone needs to max a CM reputation before the patch goes live, I have a Contraband slot machine in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold in the big room overlooking the balcony. (Cedaric on Star Forge). The Quinnmancer guild has one too, but I'm not sure where it's located.

It's on the guildship's bridge, in the right-hand bay as you're coming onto the bridge from the elevator. There is gold Hutt in the corner, across from the machine. :)

If you hadn't seen this on the PTS, this is why I'm talking about the Contraband Slot Machine:

Hey folks,

We wanted to address some of the questions we are seeing in this thread. As many of you in the thread already guessed, in 5.9.2 we will be combining all existing Cartel Market Reputations into one, the Underworld Exchange. Let’s talk about why we are making this change and how it will work.

Why Combine the Reputations?

Having all of the older Reputations wasn’t really serving a purpose anymore. Since we are direct selling most CM items and with the implementation of the Ultimate Pack we haven’t been bringing back embargoed packs. This means there is no availability for players to get these Reputations. This also creates an issue for Cartel Market Certificates since they aren’t consistent in how you acquire them, this makes it challenging to provide updated ways to spend them.

What Will Happen to my Existing Reputations?

All Cartel Market Reputations will now be combined into a single CM Rep, the Underworld Exchange. All progress you have from existing CM reps will be added together. Ex: If you are Legend right now in any CM rep, you will be a Legend in Underworld Exchange. If you are Champion in two of the reps, those values will be combined and could even rank you up.

What About the Legacy Titles / Rep Gear?

Any titles you have earned you will keep. Gear that you have will check against the new rep (which you will meet or exceed the requirement). Those titles will no longer be possible to earn. We may consider options for reintroducing those titles in the future, but there are no plans at this time.

How do I Earn Underworld Exchange Reputation?

Reputation tokens will be a guaranteed drop from Ultimate Cartel Packs unless you are at Legend status. Cartel Market Certificates are being added into the pack as a rare drop.

Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions!

-eric

So if you aren't already at Legend in at least one Cartel Reputation, you can easily get there using the Contraband Slot Machine in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold or the guild ship. Even if you don't have any cartel certificates, some of the items can be bought with just credits.

If you hadn't seen this on the PTS, this is why I'm talking about the Contraband Slot Machine:

So if you aren't already at Legend in at least one Cartel Reputation, you can easily get there using the Contraband Slot Machine in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold or the guild ship. Even if you don't have any cartel certificates, some of the items can be bought with just credits.

I saw this, I'm still getting round to checking what rep I have in my Star Forge legacy. I think I have one Cartel Market legendary rep in my DM legacy. Pity rep isn't across accounts.

It's on the guildship's bridge, in the right-hand bay as you're coming onto the bridge from the elevator. There is gold Hutt in the corner, across from the machine. :)

Thank you - I had seen it, but you can be sure if I went looking for it again, I would miss it :o