Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CrutchCricket
11.16.2017 , 02:20 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric
Ah. So a single use token. For some reason I had imagined a reusable, though I now realize that would've been too good to be true. Still, it's something.

As to the starter gear, are we talking static, similar to the previous tokens? Or 230 moddable? Is it legacy?
"Baras, you ****! You bought your armor at the Portly Sith Lord's Used Gear Store! Ya cheapskate! I know it because I SOLD IT TO YOU!"

Quraswren
11.16.2017 , 02:25 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Qouivandes View Post
to get this right:
  • only items that have a stat will break down into UC
  • All other items will continue to break down into CXP
  • to make sure we still do Warzones, FPs, and Ops you are doubling UCs for items that use UCs so that we dont use disentigration as the means to gain UCs...just as a supplement.
  • to make sure we still Warzones, FPs, and Ops as the primary UC generator, you are doubling what you get from those activities.
thats kind of you to bring that up now instead of 11/28. At this point I am expecting the disintegration conversion of stated items to be similar to what you get for a loss in a WZ...2 (is that right? i only concern myself with the daily/weekly amounts as the w/l amounts are so small). with that in mind, each crate will represent that amount.

good to know now so that i can plan accordingly.
With a doubling of the base cost of all the old items, I fear the disintegration rate for UC will be extremely low.

I'm not really excited about that. Even though the only way to get those UC through crates is to complete content but apparently not the content biowares wants to you do and I know too many people that just hate PVP and you don't get any if you're not doing nightmare OPS IIRC and so few are doing that it's not even worth mentioning.

Are UC about to drop from SM and Vet OPS or is PVP the real only place to go to get them (besides disintegration)?
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Eloi_BG
11.16.2017 , 02:26 PM | #33
Probably already know the answer to this question but asking it anyway.

Since every thing will be doubled with UCs (costs and rewards), I get that this does not affect the cost/reward ratio. However, it devalues the unassembled components we have right now (they are worth half as much). Is there going to be a doubling up of components we already have, or should I spend them all before 5.6 (and maybe refund for double, but ir probalby won't work).

Anyway, I suggest you double everyone's amount of UCs when 5.6 launches, that way now one can see themselves "lose" with 5.6 being released.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Cuiwe
11.16.2017 , 02:32 PM | #34
Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):
  • New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
  • New item, the Masterís Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
How much will Master's Datacron cost?
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

foxxycandy
11.16.2017 , 02:41 PM | #35
[*]Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
-eric
Wait, so what if we server transfer? Those credits can't be brought with us?

TheParagade
11.16.2017 , 02:43 PM | #36
Is there any news on when Server Transfers are being brought back?

Eshvara
11.16.2017 , 02:46 PM | #37
-edit, misread.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Eloi_BG
11.16.2017 , 02:48 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by foxxycandy View Post
They said legacy credits would work kinda like a guild bank. So I guess it will be some new thing in our legacy bank or something. Like a specific char will have some credits on him, and part of it in legacy. That's my understanding anyway.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

foxxycandy
11.16.2017 , 02:50 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
They said legacy credits would work kinda like a guild bank. So I guess it will be some new thing in our legacy bank or something. Like a specific char will have some credits on him, and part of it in legacy. That's my understanding anyway.
I really would appreciate clarification/confirmation of this, as I am on the waiting list to buy raid runs from a guild on the EU server, but can't while transfers are off. I would feel so sick to the stomach if I heard they wouldn't transfer with me.

TheParagade
11.16.2017 , 02:50 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by foxxycandy View Post
I doubt it, that would royally screw over anyone who wants to switch completely to a new server. They probably mean the ability to store credits in the legacy bank or something like that, in a guild bank esque manner.