Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
11.17.2017 , 09:09 AM | #121
Here's my thoughts on the doubling of the costs...

It sucks for those of us who currently have them built up because our stacks will be cut in half...but...it won't have any long term impact on us because ours come from WZ's, which are doubling as well, so the crates will simply supplement our PvPing acquisition.

That being said...the real issue in all of this is that the costs are STILL too high...they've ALWAYS been too high...maybe now we can get some PvEers to understand just how stupidly expensive the system is.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Icykill_
11.17.2017 , 09:20 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):
  • New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Pulling the WZ because it’s not quiet ready is a step in the right direction. This should always be the policy if something isn’t 100%. I think a lot of us understand that beta testing new things doesn’t always go to schedule and bugs pop up that are unavoidable. I for one applaud your decision to wait this time 👏👏👏
Honesty is always appreciated more than lies or being kept in the dark
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

LordTurin
11.17.2017 , 09:24 AM | #123
Eric, please address what will happen to our current stashes of UCs. will they be doubled just like everything else, or should we use them before 5.6?
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

TUXs
11.17.2017 , 09:26 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Eric, please address what will happen to our current stashes of UCs. will they be doubled just like everything else, or should we use them before 5.6?
THAT is a fantastic suggestion!!!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

varietasplus
11.17.2017 , 09:43 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post

What effort in PVP? I put in more effort doing heroics than what I do in every PVP match I have ever went into and walk away with more UC than we will ever get disintegration crates.

I walk away with UC from PVP win or lose with pretty much on effort on my part. At least with getting crates to disintegrate, I actually have to put in real effort to succeed.
That is why PVPers hate PVE players joining warzones and wish rather for longer waiting queues than insta-pops. When we had thought Republic PVPer base on Red Eclipse could not get worse, along came server merger.

Icykill_
11.17.2017 , 09:46 AM | #126
Yes, that’s a good point... thanks for bringing that up

Essentially if they don’t double them, those UCs end up being worth half as much after 5.6...

I hope there is a response to that question on Monday so that people can plan...
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Quraswren
11.17.2017 , 10:05 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
That is why PVPers hate PVE players joining warzones and wish rather for longer waiting queues than insta-pops. When we had thought Republic PVPer base on Red Eclipse could not get worse, along came server merger.
I agree. I know it's a pain for those that truly love PVP but with how bioware designed it with PVP being the best place to get a bulk of UC and you get them win or loss. It's not going to get better and is likely to only get worse.

UC allow you to upgrade items and the bulk of content in PVE that gamers can do and clear without wasting time gives no lump sum of UC or any UC at all.

Thats a major problem and until it's fixed I'd expect more PVE gamers that do not care for PVP to be in WZs and their in there just for the UC, not for the entertainment PVP might bring.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Sarova
11.17.2017 , 10:14 AM | #128
To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric
Lord Musco, I thank thee for your quick and clear reply /bow
Urgently Fix the 5.10 Quinn & Koth Issue
6.0: more ♥ Quinn ♥ Aric ♥ Theron ♥ Doc ♥ Koth please
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

DraonaiMimnov
11.17.2017 , 10:22 AM | #129
It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric
So, two questions for you or Keith,
Does this confirm new player ships / ship stronghold types and that our alts that havent completed the story will be able to access their ships?
Shadowlands
Covenant of the Phoenix

AlrikFassbauer
11.17.2017 , 11:25 AM | #130
You mean that my meager 5 UCs will be 10, then ?
Well ... that sounds good, that at least, even though I won't be able to buy anythiung from that ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.