Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
11.16.2017 , 01:01 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):
  • New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AlienEyeTX
11.16.2017 , 01:08 PM | #2
That stinks about the new WZ (please tell me it's not just another arena!), but two weeks is a short wait to get it right.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

aerockyul
11.16.2017 , 01:09 PM | #3
Thanks for the update Eric! Looking forward to a lot of that!
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

TUXs
11.16.2017 , 01:12 PM | #4
Frustrating to hear...but I appreciate the honesty.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sarova
11.16.2017 , 01:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
This needs more explanation; what if I don't want or need my gear to disintegrate into Unassembled Components (UC)? Will there be a choice? I only used UCs to gear my main; I will not be wasting time or UCs doing that again with any of my alts - I'd rather have the Command Tokens. In addition, there hasn't been any information on whether UC cap will be increased.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats™ ♥
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

Eshvara
11.16.2017 , 01:14 PM | #6
I was pretty excited about the Warzone, but no biggie!
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

darthscotty
11.16.2017 , 01:14 PM | #7
New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.

-eric
A little more information on this one please. How do I get it ect.... this is the first I am hearing of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.

aerockyul
11.16.2017 , 01:14 PM | #8
Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

• New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Would you be able to divulge any information on this Master's Datacron? Is it a one-time use per account? Is it something we can buy or are granted? I don't remember reading or hearing about this item.

EDIT: Darthscotty beat me to the punch on this. Glad to know I'm not the only one that might have "missed something" in the Road Map or other communications.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Kirtastropohe
11.16.2017 , 01:14 PM | #9
Please feel free to leave out the horrible changes for deception. We don't need those in 5.6 either.

AlienEyeTX
11.16.2017 , 01:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by darthscotty View Post
A little more information on this one please. How do I get it ect.... this is the first I am hearing of it.
C'mon... you know this is a CM thing. Would be nice to know the cost, though.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku