Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
11.16.2017 , 01:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
That stinks about the new WZ (please tell me it's not just another arena!), but two weeks is a short wait to get it right.
Its not an arena. Its the alderaan civil war gametype on Yavin (basically the same map design based on the twitter photo they released awhile back.)

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
11.16.2017 , 01:47 PM | #22
Could you please comment on any potential bug fixes in the next patch?
For example, will stronghold prestige be recalculated with a cap matching the decoration's max count?
Will our level 60 tokens be returned when deleting a character that didn't craft, level, etc?
Will the rename window work properly, fixing the ?' problem?
Will eyes stop sparkling?

Thanks!
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
11.16.2017 , 01:49 PM | #23 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
This needs more explanation; what if I don't want or need my gear to disintegrate into Unassembled Components (UC)? Will there be a choice? I only used UCs to gear my main; I will not be wasting time or UCs doing that again with any of my alts - I'd rather have the Command Tokens. In addition, there hasn't been any information on whether UC cap will be increased.
To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
11.16.2017 , 01:53 PM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by darthscotty View Post
A little more information on this one please. How do I get it ect.... this is the first I am hearing of it.
It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Joonbeams's Avatar


Joonbeams
11.16.2017 , 01:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
However, that still means no class buff either.

You'll still have to level the old fashion way if you want that it seems.
For my playstyle (RP/PvP - Ajunta Pall anyone?), this is exactly what I want. In fact, I'm going to sit tight and do GTN, stronghold decorations until this hits.

Prior to 5.0, I liked to level slowly and accumulate crystals and comms for endgame while playing the stories (I play the stories over and over and over). But with 5.0, there was suddenly a brick wall between pre-70 gameplay and post. Meaning that you couldn't start earning anything for endgame until 70 - this made my playstyle feel needlessly grindy. I've bought a couple outlander tokens, just to try out mirror class PvP, and I don't play those toons because I don't like the fact that they have no "story".

I think the devs realized this, to their credit, and this fix is perfect IMO (albeit, certainly to affect the wallet )...

BenKatarn's Avatar


BenKatarn
11.16.2017 , 01:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric
Can you give us information on pricing? Will it cost more or less than an Outlander token?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Joonbeams's Avatar


Joonbeams
11.16.2017 , 01:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It was actually mentioned in the roadmap, but it was a small mention so I think most people missed it.

We are producing a blog on it but I can give some basics. It is purchased from the CM (similar to the 60 and 65 tokens), and will be tradeable (so it can be sold on the GTN). It then gives you an item which you use on a character. That item will level you to 70 and place you on your Class ship (whether you have one or not from story, this doesn't impact your ability to get it naturally). It will also give you a set of starter gear for level 70.

It does not progress story at all so you could even use it on a brand new level one.

-eric
I prolly shouldn't say this Eric, but you've just opened a direct pipeline between my wallet and the CM - thanks for this!!

Qouivandes's Avatar


Qouivandes
11.16.2017 , 02:02 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric
to get this right:
  • only items that have a stat will break down into UC
  • All other items will continue to break down into CXP
  • to make sure we still do Warzones, FPs, and Ops you are doubling UCs for items that use UCs so that we dont use disentigration as the means to gain UCs...just as a supplement.
  • to make sure we still Warzones, FPs, and Ops as the primary UC generator, you are doubling what you get from those activities.
thats kind of you to bring that up now instead of 11/28. At this point I am expecting the disintegration conversion of stated items to be similar to what you get for a loss in a WZ...2 (is that right? i only concern myself with the daily/weekly amounts as the w/l amounts are so small). with that in mind, each crate will represent that amount.

good to know now so that i can plan accordingly.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
11.16.2017 , 02:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Qouivandes View Post
to get this right:
  • only items that have a stat will break down into UC
  • All other items will continue to break down into CXP
  • to make sure we still do Warzones, FPs, and Ops you are doubling UCs for items that use UCs so that we dont use disentigration as the means to gain UCs...just as a supplement.
  • to make sure we still Warzones, FPs, and Ops as the primary UC generator, you are doubling what you get from those activities.
thats kind of you to bring that up now instead of 11/28. At this point I am expecting the disintegration conversion of stated items to be similar to what you get for a loss in a WZ...2 (is that right? i only concern myself with the daily/weekly amounts as the w/l amounts are so small). with that in mind, each crate will represent that amount.

good to know now so that i can plan accordingly.
Now I just have to remind myself NOT to disintegrate until the update hits.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
11.16.2017 , 02:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Its not an arena. Its the alderaan civil war gametype on Yavin (basically the same map design based on the twitter photo they released awhile back.)
I can dig that. It would be nice to get something completely new, but a change of scenery will be pleasant.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku