Recommendations for Operations Group Finder and related Quests

(1) If someone has done the required operation for a quest (e.g., operation intro quest or Oricon quest), just check their achievements for completion and allow them to immediately skip it. Also, move all quest NPCs out of operations phases.

(2) Make all operations available in the group finder all the time and REMOVE the Group Finder bonus.

The Group Finder bonus is ruining a lot of matchmaking. People are so obsessed with it that they don't want to do an operation unless there's a Group Finder bonus so it is very hard to get a group for a particular operation unless it's the flavour of the day.

I've even seen people immediately Abandon the single-fight Toborro's Courtyard operation just because they didn't get the Group Finder bonus -- they would rather take a deserter penalty than just go through with the short operation because they will only get that bonus once for the operation.

It's not even a bonus for filling groups that need filling or to do a "random" op because everyone just declines every op until they get the one that the group wants. They get 8/8 people, drop one to queue separately for the Group Finder bonus -- everyone is circumventing the intended use to get bonus rewards.

Putting all operations in the Group Finder all the time would also help all the lazy people who can't even walk to entry points on fleet. Yes, a lot of people are really that lazy and demand a guildship Summons.

Of course they could go to the entrance while waiting for a group to form but most of the time that just wastes their time because it can take a long time for a group to be formed -- if that is even successful at all.

(3) Remove the daily lockout once an operation is completed (all bosses cleared).

There's no harm letting people redo an operation anymore. Not only can they currently switch toons to do it again anyway, but most of the loot is trash except for set gear you can get more easily from Kai Zykken than hoping you win a Need roll.

Edited by MetrotownSimon

(2) Make all operations available in the group finder all the time and REMOVE the Group Finder bonus.

No. You can have all operations in GF all the time, but a lot of people run GF ops for the bonus. They wouldn't join a random sm wipefest without a decent incentive.

The Group Finder bonus is ruining a lot of matchmaking. People are so obsessed with it that they don't want to do an operation unless there's a Group Finder bonus so it is very hard to get a group for a particular operation unless it's the flavour of the day.

I've even seen people immediately Abandon the single-fight Toborro's Courtyard operation just because they didn't get the Group Finder bonus -- they would rather take a deserter penalty than just go through with the short operation because they will only get that bonus once for the operation.

So you have noticed it yourself: GF bonus works as incentive to join a GF ops. You can't seriously think that they would join if they don't get anything out of it (except for the repair bill). If you want to run ops that are not in GF, ofc it will take more time to form them. But you can't expect people to want to run the same op as you want, and if everyone who wants to run a different op, there will be a lot of groups not being able to fill at all.

Those who leave a one boss ops should never have used GF to solo queue. Groups are formed on fleet, if someone has managed to step on fleet and not notice this, I'm not sure they would be a good candidates for any group content tbh. Group content requires some awareness of one's surroundings.

It's not even a bonus for filling groups that need filling or to do a "random" op because everyone just declines every op until they get the one that the group wants. They get 8/8 people, drop one to queue separately for the Group Finder bonus -- everyone is circumventing the intended use to get bonus rewards.

How is that your problem? You don't have to do it, but you are also in no position to tell others they shouldn't do it either because you don't like it. It's not the players' fault that when they finally added single boss ops to the GF, they did it poorly. Players are doing the best they can with the GF they were given.

(3) Remove the daily lockout once an operation is completed (all bosses cleared).

There's no harm letting people redo an operation anymore. Not only can they currently switch toons to do it again anyway, but most of the loot is trash except for set gear you can get more easily from Kai Zykken than hoping you win a Need roll.

You used the magic name: Kai Zykken. That's why people need tech frags, and that's why they spam TC. BW should have never made the gearing what it is now, and the biggest BS move was to make the set bonuses cheevos. That's why we now have TC farming: it's the fastest way to get tech frags. Some might argue with that, they like spamming Retard Station instead. And while it may be a fast one with a decent group, it's also a toxic cesspool of individuals who should be sent back to the zoo where they escaped from.

The finder does need some changes overall; the player base is making it clear with their use of GF that time is their most valuable commodity. The rules and perks of using it need to reflect that.

Categories need to be better distinguished, that's it. It's a stupid idea to have a 5-boss Op folded in with single-boss Ops and give the same random-gf reward for both types. I'd like them to have an Epic Enemies window (like the legacy tab refers to TC, Monolith, etc. in Achievements) and an Operations window. Keep the random reward for each but make the former pay out a lot less loot, This goes for all the content you can find in GF: play mindless flashpoints, get next-to-worthless currency/rewards.

I don't respond well to arguments that "if they change this, you're dooming us to wipefests with pugs if we want to get extra tech frags!". Story Mode Ops have been nerfed to nursery mode by now; unless a boss comes with a mechanic complex enough to be a progress block (Operator IX, Monolith, etc.) it's practically impossible to fail it. All most of us are asking is that content that demands harder work gets the better rewards. Buff Nathema's loot, or nerf Hammer Station's, and a lot of the complaints we're talking about will go away,

The finder does need some changes overall; the player base is making it clear with their use of GF that time is their most valuable commodity. The rules and perks of using it need to reflect that.

Categories need to be better distinguished, that's it. It's a stupid idea to have a 5-boss Op folded in with single-boss Ops and give the same random-gf reward for both types. I'd like them to have an Epic Enemies window (like the legacy tab refers to TC, Monolith, etc. in Achievements) and an Operations window. Keep the random reward for each but make the former pay out a lot less loot, This goes for all the content you can find in GF: play mindless flashpoints, get next-to-worthless currency/rewards.

I don't respond well to arguments that "if they change this, you're dooming us to wipefests with pugs if we want to get extra tech frags!". Story Mode Ops have been nerfed to nursery mode by now; unless a boss comes with a mechanic complex enough to be a progress block (Operator IX, Monolith, etc.) it's practically impossible to fail it. All most of us are asking is that content that demands harder work gets the better rewards. Buff Nathema's loot, or nerf Hammer Station's, and a lot of the complaints we're talking about will go away,

People are even capable of wiping on TC sm, believe it or not. Anything with mechanics, or some stupid on the floor can easily turn into a wipefest. :)

I wouldn't mind having different categories of ops (single boss/full ops), actually I'd like that. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a full run, sometimes I don't have time, or the daily op is something I would only run with people I know. I also agree on tuning the rewards according to the skill level required. I wouldn't even mind having two categories for MM fps (and why not vet fps too): The ones you can run through without knowing how to play, and the ones that have some actual mechanics and requires players to be competent with their toon.