Sorc full healer not rely wanted -.-

Krewel you’re boring! Oh and childish, everyone play the way they want.

Oh and for your info neither keybinding or clicking is the best, best is mixing both! I just don t see the interest to have 20+ keys, I tried both and I’m much faster and efficient by mixing both.

But hey you’re right, stay in your little “I use keybinds, so I’m the only one playing right “world.

Yes, mix both by pressing 99% abilities and click 1%. Why would you go for 50/50? Have a problem with memorising keybinds or something? It's like intentionally gimping yourself without any good reason.

Fraps yourself doing this bizarre "mixture of both" on a fight like Dread Guards NiM, I can just imagine what would happen if someone presses their buttons like a madman to squeeze out as much DPS as possible, then, when the time comes, drags his cursor towards the interrupt ability. Man, I'd really like to see this spectacle.

Edited by Krewel

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best part is - he might be playing with fantastic clickers and not even know it :p I've gotten invites into some very nice guilds in WoW, based on my performance in a pug and they had no idea. because they didn't judge a book by its superficial cover.

and now I have to stop using the word clicker because its freaking me out - thank you so much "The last of us" >_>

Guilds and pugs in WoW range from super duper dribblers to dribblers. Clicking through content like LFR or normal modes is hardly an indication that you play more efficiently than by memorising your keybinds and pressing your abilities. Similar to SWTOR, WoW PvE content ranges from extra retarded to difficult. Would like to know about those clickers who do world first clears heroic modes in WoW ... I'm quite positive they are an extinct species just like here due to the simple logic that no real raider who possesses an inkling of common sense would gimp themselves while the alternative is much better.

When it comes to my Ops mates being clickers. Yes, indeed, some of them were and it showed immediately - couldn't breach a certain DPS threshold no matter what, and now they can only kill the first boss in TFB NiM and S&V NiM, but that's mainly because the others are "carrying" them.

"Fantastic clicker" - love that term, kind of like special olympics.

Edited by Krewel

1. that was pre group finder. back when you had to find a group on your own server manually, when you made connections and friendships and reputation actually mattered. try again

2. chances are you are just assuming that worse players are clickers and better players are binder. chances are extremely high that your assumptions are based on personal prejudices, not facts.

but please do continue to discredit yourself and do keep digging that hole, its highly amusing to watch.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I'd really like to see videos of clickers winning ranked pvp matches and earning 2k+ rating.

Fluffly from Harbinger on ToFN was at what, 3.4k rating before he stopped clicking? Yeah your arguments are almost as good as you are a player.

Yes, mix both by pressing 99% abilities and click 1%. Why would you go for 50/50? Have a problem with memorising keybinds or something? It's like intentionally gimping yourself without any good reason.

Fraps yourself doing this bizarre "mixture of both" on a fight like Dread Guards NiM, I can just imagine what would happen if someone presses their buttons like a madman to squeeze out as much DPS as possible, then, when the time comes, drags his cursor towards the interrupt ability. Man, I'd really like to see this spectacle.

You are embarassing yourself dude, of course interrupt is on a key.

Haha DG NiM have really traumatised you.

And you know, not being efficient with your hand doesnt mean it's the case for eveybody else ... :D

Fluffly from Harbinger on ToFN was at what, 3.4k rating before he stopped clicking? Yeah your arguments are almost as good as you are a player.

Your only argument here is a ridiculous statement, nothing else.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LarH-EknnU - Is this him? As far as I can see, he has keybinds for most, if not all abilities. And I am a good player, starting with the fact that I don't drag my cursor around the UI like an invalid just to execute abilities.

You are embarassing yourself dude, of course interrupt is on a key.

Haha DG NiM have really traumatised you.

And you know, not being efficient with your hand doesnt mean it's the case for eveybody else ... :D

Well, DG NiM was difficult to heal for the first few tries, then it becomes second nature. Sure, the fight still has some rng to it and sometimes tanks can go splat if not 100% focused, but my trauma mostly lies in seeing enrages all the time because DPS couldn't pull their weight.

Oh, and it's called "division of labour" - the hand on your mouse should be used for character turning and occasional target clicking (if TAB targetting fails to function properly), the keyboard for ability executions. Using your mouse hand for doing both character movement and ability executions is gimping yourself by default. Q.E.D.

You should not forget that there are many more players out there than hardcore progress gamers.

If you want to compete with let's say the 10% players at the top of every content, yes, then you probably need to bind and use special gaming mouses or keyboards. Because it's the only way to improve your gameplay further beyond your knowlegde of the content, your class and stuff, so to say getting better when you are already absolutely topskilled. Only then these fractions of seconds really have an impact (gcd not included).

But the majority of players skillset and knowledge is mediocre or slightly better than average and worlds away from content races. With them binding vs clicking has almost no impact, especially as most players mix both, and the gcd is really enough time to move the mouse and your toon.

While the discussions in forums always state black or white, 100% binding vs 100% clicking, remember or maybe understand or realize, the reality used by players is grey. Issues like lag (brain or you isp), awareness of the surrounding, understanding of mechanics do have greater effect than clicking or binding.

Me for example, i'm clicking most of my abilities, but some are bound around wasd to react, while i already proceed the mouse to "my next clicks" which are following those key hits (especially interrupt, taunts or target switch).

On the other hand my UI is build up in a way to support my mixed style, the ways to click the next thing are short and i'm absolutly used to it.

No way that would be possible with the the standart bars, but customized to get a nice sorted block of abilities somewhere in your reach...

No need to search an abiltiy, just like a binder hits his keys blind, i'm able to click blind and move my mouse exact ranges to the next step long before the gcd is finished. Knowing the fight i'm able to position myself somewhere safe or elsewhere soon enough so there is no need to move around much. With the right UI you can even move with the mouse while also clicking your stuff.

It may depend on your class, but playing (pve) ranges, healers and tanks, i haven't found a situation yet where i couldn't suceed just because i'm clicking. There was brainlag, dumbness, wrong reaction, lacking knowledge and technical stuff like lag or disconnect but no "we died because you are clicking".

You could say i would be better if i bind more, but i tried that already and it's just not for me. I can't remember the keys or my fingers just aren't flexible enough to reach more than 5 to 8 keys so i'm just better off with clicking and some rare binds. And as i'm used to this now for 10years+ i'm also pretty fast and no one suspects me clicking by seeing my toon play. Although as i'm not playing that kind of hardcore progress running for server or world firsts and only little pvp, this matter with clicking or binding doesn't really interests anyone, as long you fullfill your role nobody will ask how you do that.

Of course a binder couldn't play with my UI just like i couldn't with his, but the practice we as average players got with each our style just flattens out the differences.

It would be an important matter if there was no gcd, but as we have one in SWTOR, the advantage to get some milliseconds here or there is just lost within the gcd or other faults the player is making.

So just play like you want, be helpful if someone is asking for advice, but don't patronize someone who is neither asking for help nor do you know him or have to play with him. His playstyle doesn't affect you so leave him be.

Your only argument here is a ridiculous statement, nothing else.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LarH-EknnU - Is this him? As far as I can see, he has keybinds for most, if not all abilities. And I am a good player, starting with the fact that I don't drag my cursor around the UI like an invalid just to execute abilities.

If you could read, you would see that I said BEFORE he stopped clicking. Yeah, keybinding is and always will be better but this doesn't mean clickers are the scum of the earth because they don't play how you want them to.

Re the thread topic - for low level FPs any class of healer is fine, as even companions can heal FP bosses with no trouble.

Re the click vs bind discussion - I use a combination, and it works fine for me. I don't do Ops or Ranked WZs but I did the equivalent in WoW and performed just fine (I was a very good raider, but didn't do Arena seriously so was only average there).

I use a combination for 2 reasons:

1. I have small hands (I can reach shift & 6 at the same time, and ctrl and 5 if I stretch but nothing passed them)

2. I 25M raid healed in WoW for years, which requires clickcasting if you want to be any good

For those who aren't familiar with WoW raid healing:

- You have the 10/25 raid frames on your UI with health & mana displayed so you can monitor the heal team's resources, and you bind raid healing abilities to different mouse clicks, and keybind your tank healing and aoe abilities to keyboard above wasd so you can strafe and heal.

- During the fight you have the tank targetted, and you are using your keybinds to heal him while strafing and mouse moving, and you click on the raid frames (left/right/middle depending on which spell you want) to heal the raid, only using a key-mouse combination to target one (shift click for me) if they need some heavier heals you have keybound

- You only click actual abilities if you want to do something special like pop your big once-a-fight spell, at all other times you are busy clicking heals on different raid members and using the mouse to move (and as a resto druid I was constantly on the move)

So basically there's no way you could exclusively keybind raid heal and perform anywhere near as good as the clickcasters, with 25 different people to target and only a global cooldown (which was faster in WoW as healers typically ran with a nice chunk of haste) to have someone else targetted and a specific ability executed.

So while I do mouse move for the most part, I still strafe a lot because I'm used to my mouse being tied up for clickcasting, which sadly you can't seem to do in this game. I would love to set up a clickcasting UI for warzones.

1. I have small hands (I can reach shift & 6 at the same time, and ctrl and 5 if I stretch but nothing passed them)

Just trying to figure out how this one is relevant. :confused: I have every single one of my abilities, including ones that I would never use, along with stuff like seeker droid, speeder, medpacs, bound with just the left half of the keyboard and shift + the left half of the keyboard. I don't have anything as far as 6 bound with shift (don't have shift+5 either, actually), and I don't use ctrl for anything.

I have small hands (I can reach shift & 6 at the same time, and ctrl and 5 if I stretch but nothing passed them)

I've got small hands too -- which is why I love my Razer Naga mouse. Might wanna check it out (or a similar product), made things worlds easier for me even though I am an excellent touch typist and can leave homekeys if I have to. :) Efficiency aside, it was just way more comfortable for me too.

Edited by Sarielle

Re the thread topic - for low level FPs any class of healer is fine, as even companions can heal FP bosses with no trouble.

Re the click vs bind discussion - I use a combination, and it works fine for me. I don't do Ops or Ranked WZs but I did the equivalent in WoW and performed just fine (I was a very good raider, but didn't do Arena seriously so was only average there).

2. I 25M raid healed in WoW for years, which requires clickcasting if you want to be any good

For those who aren't familiar with WoW raid healing:

- You have the 10/25 raid frames on your UI with health & mana displayed so you can monitor the heal team's resources, and you bind raid healing abilities to different mouse clicks, and keybind your tank healing and aoe abilities to keyboard above wasd so you can strafe and heal.

- During the fight you have the tank targetted, and you are using your keybinds to heal him while strafing and mouse moving, and you click on the raid frames (left/right/middle depending on which spell you want) to heal the raid, only using a key-mouse combination to target one (shift click for me) if they need some heavier heals you have keybound

- You only click actual abilities if you want to do something special like pop your big once-a-fight spell, at all other times you are busy clicking heals on different raid members and using the mouse to move (and as a resto druid I was constantly on the move)

So basically there's no way you could exclusively keybind raid heal and perform anywhere near as good as the clickcasters, with 25 different people to target and only a global cooldown (which was faster in WoW as healers typically ran with a nice chunk of haste) to have someone else targetted and a specific ability executed.

So while I do mouse move for the most part, I still strafe a lot because I'm used to my mouse being tied up for clickcasting, which sadly you can't seem to do in this game. I would love to set up a clickcasting UI for warzones.

i never play WOW in my life :)

what i see with most mmorpg that i play in my 9 years of gaming that some mmorpg

use way to many hotbars to many skills and so on its for some players a pain in butt to make a good

few how and where to put all your skills

if you ever play GW2 you see that they did it much beter less skills easy to use

ok you have more skills but you need to swap weapens if your good ad that

they more focus on move alot with your WASD and use dodge alot

you cant stand stil in combat

also you dont have pots only your heal skill

but ok i get used to it now but still a pain to see so many skills in your screen XD

but so far so good the more OPS i do the beter i learn how to work those skills

AS LONG the tanker no what he most do

and the both DPS stil they want to kill to fast and jump way to fast to mobs when tanker dont argo yet

and the dps get low hp fast :mad:

but i let them die if the do it to much i hope the beq for heals :D

so if you party with me dont make mistakes as dpser i send you to hell :p

Just trying to figure out how this one is relevant. :confused: I have every single one of my abilities, including ones that I would never use, along with stuff like seeker droid, speeder, medpacs, bound with just the left half of the keyboard and shift + the left half of the keyboard. I don't have anything as far as 6 bound with shift (don't have shift+5 either, actually), and I don't use ctrl for anything.

Because comfortably I can't use any number keys past 4/5 (5/6 are a stretch) if I have to use ctrl or shift with them, my bf can use most of the top row with his enormous man hands. Shift is bound to Vent anyway, I tried to set it up to work with one of my mouse side buttons but the drivers for it are bugged and I couldn't find a fix so I just left it on the keyboard.

On my Operative I have 4-5 action bars worth of abilities lol, idk what class you play. I mostly only use the ones on the main two bars and the two little side bars I have set up either side of the second main bar. I bound two of my instant cast heals to my mouse side button though, that was a huge help.

I've got small hands too -- which is why I love my Razer Naga mouse. Might wanna check it out (or a similar product), made things worlds easier for me even though I am an excellent touch typist and can leave homekeys if I have to. :) Efficiency aside, it was just way more comfortable for me too.

I have a Razer Deathadder, it has 2 side buttons. If I bought another mouse, I think I'd look into the Razer Naga Hex, it looks like its somewhere between the Deathadder and the standard Naga. Otherwise I'd look into a Nostromo for my left hand, but since I don't raid anymore and play in offpeak times on a PvE server so don't like my chances of getting into ranked WZs, I probably wouldn't bother for SWTOR. Maybe if I got back into WoW, but SWTOR's really spoiled me with its shiny character models and voice over quests and easy levelling and lack of hardcore grinding.

Heh, I queued up GF on my guardian tank last night; of course it insta-pops:

55 Guardian Tank (me)

55 Guardian Damage

55 Sentinel Damage

55 Sage Heal

I looked at it for a few seconds, then decided not to queue--3 Strength classes? No thanks. So I'm guilty of declining based on classes sometimes. I'm just being greedy though, because in the last 7 FPs I've done (I do one a night typically) I haven't had a single tank piece drop.)