Please stop telling people to press spacebar

Cretinus

People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc. Edited by Cretinus

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are aware of the spacebar functionality in dialogues. If they don't press spacebar, then that's because they simply don't want to, and not because they are lazy/unaware/in need of guidance etc.

I understand what your saying but when you have done the flashpoint 1000000000 times you kind of get sick of seeing that same cut scenes over and over again.

I understand what your saying but when you have done the flashpoint 1000000000 times you kind of get sick of seeing that same cut scenes over and over again.

Pretty much this.

Also, conversations are just pointless delays

I am kinda annoyed by either - the people who demand to watch the story - and the people who demand to spacebar.

I skip when everyone does it, but I don't mind watching the story. hell I still don't even mind the esseles/black talon story much. (though I'd say it's hard to find anyone who's never done it)

what I'd do if I wanted to see the story, tell people that you want to see it right away - or if they're ******es just not mention it at all and pretend it's not you who's not skipping ;)

OR roll a tank with your first char. if people don't like it... let them have fun finding someone to replace you ;)

I understand that. But if people don't press spacebar because they don't want to, for whatever reason, it's still pointless to tell them to do so. It is mega annoying to have to read the press-spacebar-flame-spam when it's clear that one member simply wants to see the scene. He won't spacebar because he doesn't want to, not because nobody told him to do it.

Edited by Cretinus

You know you can still skip through the cutscenes if you want. It just means you stare at dialog choice screen though waiting for everyone. I for one don't mind waiting for someone that enjoys the story. It is after all the highlight of the game.

OR roll a tank with your first char. if people don't like it... let them have fun finding someone to replace you ;)

Instant-insurance right there. :p

Spacebar now. YouTube it later. :)

Sorry but what? why would you substitute actual in-game experience under your control, for watching someone else do it, without any choice on your end just because you are taking up a few extra minutes in someone's obviously busy online gaming schedule?

People who have done it 1000 times are going to spacebar. People who haven't probably won't.

It's not like someone who doesn't want to spacebar is going to go "oh yeah, I can spacebar, thanks for teliing me!"

Honestly I always spacebar but I'm super tempted to purposely not spacebar whenever people start getting pissy over it.

What they need is to create a speed run option that players can select at the beginning. At least at that point it's decided from the beginning and you don't have to fight about it every time a conversation comes up.

I can understand watching the dialogue on the way to level 50, even through some of the level 50 instances. However, the one thing I hate is when we are in an instance that a level 50 can easily solo and people insist on watching the dialogue. If you REALLY want to watch the dialogue in places like Esseless, Black Talon, Maelstrom, Foundry, etc. then go solo the place on normal and RP your heart out.

Not neccessarily, sometimes they've zoned out or whatever, and "spacebar" is a reminder they're with other people.

I occasionally don't spacebar through conversations after reading them when doing solo play if there's something interesting on T.V. Somebody saying spacebar reminds me that, oops, yeah, I'm not the only one here.

I can understand watching the dialogue on the way to level 50, even through some of the level 50 instances. However, the one thing I hate is when we are in an instance that a level 50 can easily solo and people insist on watching the dialogue. If you REALLY want to watch the dialogue in places like Esseless, Black Talon, Maelstrom, Foundry, etc. then go solo the place on normal and RP your heart out.

Now THAT is a good and fair point, I concur.

If it is my first time though, I'll watch the cutscenes. Requests to skip it are ignored.

If I have already watched it, I'll ask beforehand if people are going to be watching the cutscenes. If they are, I'll just watch it again, otherwise I'll spacebar through it. I find it 10x more boring to spacebar through the conversations only to wait for someone to finish watching it.

Edited by Antipodes

I don't mind people watching Black Talon / Esseles when there level 10, since there's a chance that there new and haven't seen it yet..... But when there 50 and your doing Hard Mode Talon / Esseles then yes I think it should be mandatory that you space bar....

Personally I wish Bioware would remove Black Talon / Esseles from the 50 Hard Mode list.... there's got to be a better FP to take it's place with less conversations....

I think it's amusing that people are playing the instances so many times that they get sick of the cutscenes. You don't have to do flashpoints over and over and over again, you know. If you have somehow played all the content in the game, you might just want to play something else. It may surprise you to learn that there are lots of other games out there! Edited by philrowen

yeah I spacebar every time without fail... unless someone in group states that they have never seen it and would like to then I will be patient and hope they enjoy the story while I am "waiting on other players". However if someone has seen the story and refuses to spacebar I will no longer tank for the group as I do not like redundancy nor do I like mindless people.

SPACEBARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like watching the same 4 reruns of a TV show everyday for 6 months.

then why do u keep turning it on? and VOs are one of the few good things in this game,,

ruining it by those yells only remove the last immersion and real RPG